3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   HUNGRY! Help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/205284-hungry-help.html)

ShannaP24 06-22-2010 04:13 PM

HUNGRY! Help!

Hi. I just started the MRC diet yesterday, but I am always hungry! Even 20 minutes after I eat lunch, my stomach is growling and I can't think about anything else. I'm drinking all of my protein shakes and I'm not allowed any snacks at all (beige menu). I guess I'm just looking for suggestions or wondering if the hunger will eventually subside once my body gets used to eating so little.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Shanna :(

Junie04 06-22-2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannaP24 (Post 3353344)
Hi. I just started the MRC diet yesterday, but I am always hungry! Even 20 minutes after I eat lunch, my stomach is growling and I can't think about anything else. I'm drinking all of my protein shakes and I'm not allowed any snacks at all (beige menu). I guess I'm just looking for suggestions or wondering if the hunger will eventually subside once my body gets used to eating so little.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Shanna :(

That is weird to be hungry after 20 minutes of eating. Are you measuring your food and eating everything you are supposed to have? If all else fails, I think you can have vegetables any time on the beige menu.

Good luck.

ShannaP24 06-22-2010 04:20 PM

Yes, I am eating and measuring everything. I'm wondering if it is the shock of eating so little that is getting to me. I feel like my body is in shock. I'm used to snacking and I can't have any snacks (even veggies) on my menu. I just don't think protein and salad keeps me full. Oh well, I'll just fight through the hunger pangs. ;)

guinevere75 06-22-2010 04:26 PM

Have you tried drinking the Fulfill Fiber Drinks? You can have 3 per day in addition to everything on your plan. I usually have one before bed because it feels like a bit of a dessert to me. They are super sweet, so it make curb your cravings? Best of luck to you - you can do it! I bet in 3-5 days, you'll feel a total difference!

beerab 06-22-2010 04:44 PM

I don't know much about MRC but are you drinking enough water? Sometimes thirst can be mistaken for hunger.

wendinnc 06-22-2010 05:16 PM

Hi Shanna....
WELCOME!! I was super hungry my first few days also. It took me 4 days until that subsided some for me. I take the Phetratrim and that seems to help curb my appetite. You should ask at your center what they recommend. Stay with it and don't give in and you should have great results!!! :)

Jamie68123 06-22-2010 07:03 PM

I started on the beige menu, and I was really hungry at first too, but I got used to it. Then they switched me to the green menu last week, and I think I'm finally getting used to the smaller amount of food. I figure if I'm feeling hungry, I must be losing some weight!

GoalAug2010 06-23-2010 01:40 AM

I was hungry in the beginning as well and drinking water when you're hungry and drinking all three fibers each day sure help. Also, at the beginning stay away from cooked vegetables since you only get 4 oz cooked vs. 8 oz raw since the raw is more filling. Cucumbers got me through the beginning..

Good luck!

hatethesweatpants 06-23-2010 08:38 AM

Hey Shanna! Hang in there! Yes, you can be hungry in the beginning, but that will go away if you don't give into your cravings. One thing I found on MRC is that I have learned that being hungry won't kill me. I am eating plenty of food to keep my body functioning and a HECK of a lot more than people in most countries get to eat. It's a sign that my body is saying, "Feed me! I'm going to have to start burning fat!" So, I chose to look at hunger as a very positive thing rather than something to panic over. Like you said, "Just get over it." It's tough, but it won't be like this every day. There are days when I'm hungry, still, and days where I can barely eat all of the food that's allowed. You'll find that your tolerance for hunger goes up as you stay on program.

Congratulations on making the choice to change your life!

ShannaP24 06-23-2010 10:54 AM

Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to try the fiber drinks. I drink tons of water every day, so I know that isn't the issue. I think my body is just freaking out because I'm eating so little all of a sudden...especially with the cutting out carbs. I'm not used to eating just protein and veggies, but the cravings haven't been so bad.

On a better note, I am already down 7 pounds in two days so I can deal with the hunger! :carrot:

Junie04 06-23-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShannaP24 (Post 3354453)
Thanks so much everyone! I'm going to try the fiber drinks. I drink tons of water every day, so I know that isn't the issue. I think my body is just freaking out because I'm eating so little all of a sudden...especially with the cutting out carbs. I'm not used to eating just protein and veggies, but the cravings haven't been so bad.

On a better note, I am already down 7 pounds in two days so I can deal with the hunger! :carrot:

That is great! At least you are seeing some progress for your hard work!

Junie04 06-23-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants (Post 3354203)
Hey Shanna! Hang in there! Yes, you can be hungry in the beginning, but that will go away if you don't give into your cravings. One thing I found on MRC is that I have learned that being hungry won't kill me. I am eating plenty of food to keep my body functioning and a HECK of a lot more than people in most countries get to eat. It's a sign that my body is saying, "Feed me! I'm going to have to start burning fat!" So, I chose to look at hunger as a very positive thing rather than something to panic over. Like you said, "Just get over it." It's tough, but it won't be like this every day. There are days when I'm hungry, still, and days where I can barely eat all of the food that's allowed. You'll find that your tolerance for hunger goes up as you stay on program.

Congratulations on making the choice to change your life!

This is a great way to look at it. Thanks for sharing. It might help to get me through a few of my hungry days!

InControlInTX 06-23-2010 03:33 PM

Hi Shanna! I am in week 1 of my program after doing the detox thing...not sure if that's the proper name or not. It's what I felt like!!! I think your body does go into shock that first week. I was not used to eating veggies and protein and my body was NOT happy with me those first 4 days. I never felt full and satisfied and was jittery and hungry. It did get better!! Now on day 5 of week 1 and am having a hard time getting my drinks in because I feel full and don't want anything to eat. Think that first week totally shrinks your stomach!! Hang in there...it seems to get better for me every day!

handksmom 06-23-2010 06:08 PM

If you were a snacker, carry a pack of gum with you also. Sometimes just chewing on a piece of gum helps.