3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Frustrated... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/204994-frustrated.html)

mouse120 06-18-2010 05:29 PM

Frustrated...

Are we allowed to vent here?

I just started Week 2 yesterday. I lost 4.5 in preconditioning; in week 1, I lost 2 during my first weigh in, 0 in my next. I'm scared to go back again because my scale at home is telling me I've lost nothing since.

Grrrr...

I'm on the meta-balance because I work-out a ton, but apparently not enough? The weird thing is that when I started the program, my 14's were pretty big on me but I was still wearing them, and I now comfortably fit in to my 10's.

What's wrong with me?! Will the weight ever come off? Should I ask to switch to a different plan?

rcptaylor 06-18-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouse120 (Post 3347959)
Are we allowed to vent here?

I just started Week 2 yesterday. I lost 4.5 in preconditioning; in week 1, I lost 2 during my first weigh in, 0 in my next. I'm scared to go back again because my scale at home is telling me I've lost nothing since.

Grrrr...

I'm on the meta-balance because I work-out a ton, but apparently not enough? The weird thing is that when I started the program, my 14's were pretty big on me but I was still wearing them, and I now comfortably fit in to my 10's.

What's wrong with me?! Will the weight ever come off? Should I ask to switch to a different plan?

Always remember you will lose inches before pounds

hatethesweatpants 06-18-2010 09:32 PM

I've posted before about a 10 day plateau. They might have given you some paperwork about that at you first session. Basically, your first 2 weeks are MOSTLY water weight loss because of the low-carb menu. Around that 7-10th day, your body starts holding onto water like crazy so your cells won't collapse. After a short plateau, you'll start losing pounds again. You ARE losing fat, it's just that those cells are filling with water. Hang in there and don't give up! So many people have posted the exact same question. You're not alone! It happened to me, too!

guinevere75 06-18-2010 11:02 PM

About how long does that 10 day plateau last? I think I hit that here at day 14 - weigh in says I'm up .5 lb, but I'm right at that plateau mark AND am about to start my cycle - so I was just attributing it to that. My pants fit way better and I've had to cinch in my belt a notch, so I know I'm loosing something! :)

mouse120 06-19-2010 11:16 AM

I can't thank all of you enough. I've been stressing over this all week, and in just a few posts, you have all calmed my nerves and prevented me from just saying 'screw it' and eating something I shouldn't.

Seriously, all of you have been such an amazing help these first few weeks on the program :)

Thank you!!

jenkatt 06-20-2010 07:35 PM

Just my experience, my plateau started late, around day 18 or so and lasted almost 2 weeks. Since it ended I've lost 8 pounds in 10 days.
Hang in there!

hatethesweatpants 06-20-2010 07:39 PM

We're all in this together - it takes a village! lol!

jenkatt 06-20-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants (Post 3350266)
We're all in this together - it takes a village! lol!

It really does. I love the people at my center. When I was beating myself up over the plataeu, they (and y'all) kept me going.

PinkTiara22 06-20-2010 11:11 PM

My experience was really weird - didn't hit a plateau until I lost about 60lbs! But still, a plateau is a plateau - stick with it :)

Mary1011 06-21-2010 10:04 AM

When I first started the program I was pulling my hair out the first few weeks because of the changes in eating habits. I didn't hit a plateau until now but keep in mind you're body is still trying to figure out what's going on. Hang in there and you'll push through it!

mouse120 06-21-2010 07:37 PM

Thanks, everyone! I went in today and surprise, suprise, I still haven't lost a pound :) But I'm so much more positive because of all the support here! I get the big weigh-in on July 1, and with all of the other factors at play besides the pounds on the scale...I'm very curious...as to any changes in inches, hidration %, fat lbs, muscle mass...we'll see :)

GoalAug2010 06-22-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouse120 (Post 3351948)
Thanks, everyone! I went in today and surprise, suprise, I still haven't lost a pound :) But I'm so much more positive because of all the support here! I get the big weigh-in on July 1, and with all of the other factors at play besides the pounds on the scale...I'm very curious...as to any changes in inches, hidration %, fat lbs, muscle mass...we'll see :)

If you workout a lot, you may have gained a good amount of muscle and lost fat, but if you're not checking your scale for those ratios, it will seem like nothings changed.

Good luck!