12 Steps Program

• The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God

Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings

Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

One thing for those who are not religous. My therapist has told me that I get to make my own 'God'. She suggested I inventory the people who were most important to me in my life and take their personality traits and that is my God.
  • Quote: The 12 Steps

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God

Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character

Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings

Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others

Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it

Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

One thing for those who are not religous. My therapist has told me that I get to make my own 'God'. She suggested I inventory the people who were most important to me in my life and take their personality traits and that is my God.
    Thanks for posting this! This could prove to be most helpful ..

Cheers!

Ronnie
  • I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
    For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish you the best Daizy! The one true God always wants only the very best for your beautiful life!
  • Quote: I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I wish you the best Daizy! The one true God always wants only the very best for your beautiful life!
    This is so true!!! My life goes so much smoother when I put my trust in Him and get out of my own way!!
  • Quote: I believe in Jesus Christ and acknowledge God is in all that our eyes can see and not see -- everywhere, and when we accept Him and the goodness He truly wants for us, our journey makes sense, our lives make sense, and when we accept His most perfect will for our lives, no matter the result, it is so much more perfect than anything we could choose in all our human imperfections. He lessens the heavy burdens that life so often throws at us, but only if we accept Him and trust Him. A life of faith (not spirituality, not religion) is so much easier.

Here's my facebook response .... LIKE!
  • Hey Miss Daisy! Glad to see you still around. I just started back on a mix of MRC (cuz I had TONS of HNS left over) and another program (very similar) just subbing the HNS for the protein in the 3 snacks a day. Even tho I am not officially and MRCer hopefully you all won't mind me lurking around here.
  • Quote: Hey Miss Daisy! Glad to see you still around. I just started back on a mix of MRC (cuz I had TONS of HNS left over) and another program (very similar) just subbing the HNS for the protein in the 3 snacks a day. Even tho I am not officially and MRCer hopefully you all won't mind me lurking around here.
    Hey pretty lady! How are ya??? How's married life? Welcome back and let me know if you need anything!!!
  • Quote: Hey pretty lady! How are ya??? How's married life? Welcome back and let me know if you need anything!!!
    LOL Fat and tired! Hence why I am trying to get going again. Married life is good just busy and you lose track of everything it seems like, especially taking care of yourself. How are you doing? Your profile pic looks GREAT! I will. I have so many HNS in my cupboards I figured I'd better start using them.