Old 06-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Default a question about air travel

I am flying in two days. Has anyone ever had a problem bringing the HSN's either liquid or powder in either their carry-on or checked luggage? And, bringing Corti-Trim and the such?

I plan on being gone at least two weeks so that would be a lot of HSN's. I'm afraid that they will take the HSN's and I would hate to be without and replace all the supplements.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I'm not on MRC but I do fly a lot so I figured I could answer from that standpoint

I would definitely check any liquids, there should be no problem as long as they are labeled, in their original packaging, and in your checked luggage. It is not necessary that they be in their o.p. but it might help to avoid having your luggage searched manually. If you are worried about the powders, I would check those as well. However, I flew two months ago with a 1 pound tub of protein powder in my carry on bag, and there was so problem at all. However, the original seal was still on the container. As far as I know, there aren't any rules about flying with powders, but to avoid having things confiscated, I would check anything that you're iffy about.

Have a safe and wonderful trip!
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I flew to Australia for 2 weeks last year and checked all my vitamins and HNS's and had no problem. At customs I just declared that I had vitamins and protein suppliments and I was not even checked! I did brink a couple boxes from the HNS so they could look at the ingredients but they never looked. Good Luck!
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

This is good to know. I was planning on taking the HSN's out of the boxes and place them in a large zip lock to conserve space. I was also thinking about placing a folded box in the zip lock and hope for the best.

As far as mixing shakes go---what works? I was thinking of purchasing a blender bottle or looking for something similiar.
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

I fly all the time and take what I need for that day and put it in a ziplock bag in my purse or carry on. Liquid and powder HNS's I have never been questioned on. Pills too, never been questioned. I pack all the rest of my supplements in ziplock bags separated and marked for each day and put that in my check on luggage, that way I am organized and ready to go. I take my fruit and starches too!
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  

Put it in your checked luggage and there should be no problem at all. They certainly could confiscate it from carry-on baggage, however, as there is a limit on liquids, even in original packaging.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 318/219/175

Height: 5'9"

I am also traveling in a couple of weeks but did not plan on checking luggage. If I take all powders, do you think I will have a problem with it my carry on?
SandyKC0SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xxx/166/187 Thats 19 lbs below

Height: 5'10"

Once again. I fly ALL THE TIME. NEVER have I had a problem with taking pouches of HNS liquid or powder.
Rebajetgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #9  

I fly quite a bit also, and have had them confiscate my concentrates, but not the powders. If you weren't going to check bags, then perhaps take mostly powders, and only a few concentrates just in case.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote