Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Default please bear with me

I know what I'm about to say is skewed, but I need to vent, so please bear with me. I went in to weigh in and I'm down to 29.5 lbs. But I feel so totally discouraged. I feel like a failure because I didn't get to the 30 lb board. I've been working really hard for the past week to get all my water in and eat the right stuff and exercise and I'm just discouraged. It makes me mad at myself to not be able to celebrate 29.5 - I should be jumping up and down. I came away from MRC wishing I never had to go in there again. I had to wait a ridiculously long time, had to WI with the counselor I feel the least comfortable with. Listen to them try to discourage me from starting to run. What is that about? That's the third person there to cringe when I say I'm going to start running. Like they think I'm going to turn into a marathon runner overnight?!?!? Please, I'll be lucky if I end up being able to run a mile. I'm even mad because the ticker is going to round my weight to 30 and it's not really true!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 277/210/175

Height: 6'0

I know how you feel, trust me. I get so insanely frustrated with myself when I don't hit the goals I want, even when its just that .5 difference. And I don't really love some of the councilors at my center. I just have days I go weigh in and leave never wanting to go back. It passes, sure - but I can relate to where you're coming from.

None the less, that 29.5 lbs is amazing and you're the one who has put forth all the effort to get that far and stay motivated. Just have to hold on while you go through the bumps along the way.
SalaamDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

29.5 pounds is amazing!! Good job for wanting to start jogging!

Aww I hear you! I relate to you! I am not ungrateful for the accomplishments I have made this far, I just wish the "high" would have lasted a little bit longer. Every time I weigh I look on the wall as if the 22 board should be there or the 23 board should be there. LOL
Be super pleased with your 29.5 pounds! although I know how you feel! Be excited to go back because this time you will sign the board!
What are you going to do to celebrate?
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

LOL I'm right there scratching for 2 more lbs to be at 30, I agree very frustrating. Excited for what I've lost thus far even though it has been extremely slow. Stay encouraged and we will get there!!
Life just gets in the way.. You have done an outstanding job!!
sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/179/140

Height: 5'4

You sound like me, the problem with the it's not good enough outlook is you defeat yoruself. Look at what you HAVE done. You decided to take control and take care of yourself. You decided to get on a plan and stick with it. You LOST 29.5 pounds. You did that. A half a pound is just that, a half a pound, but you are so much more than that! (That may not be worded best!)
jenkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I had the exact same experiance today except the running part. I went to WI hoping to hit my 50lbs. I've been trying for it for the last 2 weeks. Weighted in.. and 49lbs. In my head, I'm pissed.. It should have been 50.. I wanted it to be 50... but it wasn't. I even walked a 5k this past weekend thinking that would help. But nope.. 49lbs..

While driving back to the office, I started to think. Was I really 100% on program. And I wasn't. I was pretty good.. Probably 90% but I wasn't as "good" as I thought I had been. So now I look at my 1.5 loss in a much better light. I still lost when I wasn't being totally on Program.

I'm planning to go back on friday and see if I can get to 50lbs. Hang in there.. We've all been there. We put such high expectations on ourselves, it's hard when our bodies don't live up to them. We just have to take it 1lb at a time..
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #7  

Height: 5'9"

you are doing a great job...I know how deflated it feels when you don't reach your weekly goal...I remember it took me nearly two weeks to lose a lousy 1.5lbs to sign the 60lb board back in November...I wanted so badly to go home and grab a large bag of chips to numb my disappointment...but instead I just keep going and finally lost the weight and signed the board and it was all worth it...It was a lesson for me in how to deal with disappointments and not to eat my way through it...as for the running....When I was over 200lbs my center kept asking me what was I doing for exercise...I told them I was going to start the C25K running program once I got under 200 as I wanted to concentrate on the weight loss first...so in April last year I started the C25K and kept going and have not stopped...my center has worked with me to find the best MRC plan to work with my exercise needs...I know if I did not start running when I did that my body would not look as it does if I just lost the weight...60lbs and no exercise well I can only imagine what parts of me would be hanging or jiggling Weight loss can slow down as exercise increases for numerous reasons...of course MRC wants their clients to have maximum weight loss quickly and discourages too much exercise...I decided I wanted the weight loss but look good losing it and feel great so I told my center I was not going to stop running because I was learning to eat right to be healthy and this included moving my body for health...they couldn't argue with me after that...I am SO GLAD I started running, I just adjust my protein needs or have an extra HNS before and after a long run...good luck !
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #8  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
you are doing a great job...I know how deflated it feels when you don't reach your weekly goal...I remember it took me nearly two weeks to lose a lousy 1.5lbs to sign the 60lb board back in November...I wanted so badly to go home and grab a large bag of chips to numb my disappointment...but instead I just keep going and finally lost the weight and signed the board and it was all worth it...It was a lesson for me in how to deal with disappointments and not to eat my way through it...as for the running....When I was over 200lbs my center kept asking me what was I doing for exercise...I told them I was going to start the C25K running program once I got under 200 as I wanted to concentrate on the weight loss first...so in April last year I started the C25K and kept going and have not stopped...my center has worked with me to find the best MRC plan to work with my exercise needs...I know if I did not start running when I did that my body would not look as it does if I just lost the weight...60lbs and no exercise well I can only imagine what parts of me would be hanging or jiggling Weight loss can slow down as exercise increases for numerous reasons...of course MRC wants their clients to have maximum weight loss quickly and discourages too much exercise...I decided I wanted the weight loss but look good losing it and feel great so I told my center I was not going to stop running because I was learning to eat right to be healthy and this included moving my body for health...they couldn't argue with me after that...I am SO GLAD I started running, I just adjust my protein needs or have an extra HNS before and after a long run...good luck !

This sounds like an excellent tip GWE. I have exercised from the start with a walking plan which started at about 5 miles a week, but now, 8 months later, is at 20-25 miles a week. Love it. But the noteworthy thing, I believe, is that although my weight loss has slowed, and I still have a very long way to go to achieve my stated goal of 130, people are astounded when I tell them what I weigh at this moment. Many think I look like I have already achieved goal. So, I am truly glad I went the exercise route and went from being anything but the couch potato I was before!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
This sounds like an excellent tip GWE. I have exercised from the start with a walking plan which started at about 5 miles a week, but now, 8 months later, is at 20-25 miles a week. Love it. But the noteworthy thing, I believe, is that although my weight loss has slowed, and I still have a very long way to go to achieve my stated goal of 130, people are astounded when I tell them what I weigh at this moment. Many think I look like I have already achieved goal. So, I am truly glad I went the exercise route and went from being anything but the couch potato I was before!
Thank you, I absolutely agree with you I look like I should be at my goal weight but I still have 20lbs to go until I reach my goal.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #10  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
Thank you, I absolutely agree with you I look like I should be at my goal weight but I still have 20lbs to go until I reach my goal.
wow, to only have just that last 20 lbs to go would be so incredible. Great job!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #11  

Quote:
wow, to only have just that last 20 lbs to go would be so incredible. Great job!
I have had the last 20 or so pounds to lose for the last 4 months! I gained 12 when I was training for my first half marathon and am now only starting to lose it...7 down in 10 days...

Last edited by GWE140; 04-21-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #12  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

Quote:
I have had the last 20 or so pounds to lose for the last 4 months! I gained 12 when I was training for my first half marathon and am now only starting to lose it...7 down in 10 days...
7 down in 10 days! How great is that !!!!! I need to just come and follow you around. Why don't you start your own BIG LOSER camp and I will enroll!
Old 04-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Wow! Reading your post this morning was exactly like reading my own thoughts! I am dealing with the same thing right now - I'm down 29.6 lbs, and every morning I get on the scale hoping to see that I've officially lost 30 lbs. It is very disappointing (I even cussed at the scale this morning!) but we can't let it discourage us.

We've done so well, we've come so far and a little disappointed from scale numbers WILL NOT stop us from reaching our goals! I say the scale is dumb (I told it that this morning, too!), it doesn't know what it's talking about because we've been ON PLAN and acting right. We ARE being successful, regardless of what the scale says to us! Ignore it for now and stay on track. You'll like the scale again when it tells you what you want to hear. :-)
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

The good news is - I went to WI this morning and I made it. 30 lbs. - on the dot! Got my rock, signed the board. 31.5 inches. I changed my ticker - even if it seems the same to the rest of the world, it's different in my mind. I talked to my counselor a little about the fact that I don't think I'll make my goal weight by the date I'm sposed to. (May 17th - which would mean I'd need to lose 17 lbs in a little less than a month). I told her I do not plan to extend my contract, even if I'm not at that weight and asked if they'd let me start stabilization anyway. She sort of danced around a little, but I just wanted to put that out there. Frankly, I'm not going to extend it. I get to decide what my goal is, not them. I'm going to keep working every bit as hard and whatever my weight is at that point is what it is. We'll see how they react when the time comes. After the way I felt about this whole thing, I decided I am not going to end up feeling like a failure over a few pounds when I've accomplished so much.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #15  

Quote:
7 down in 10 days! How great is that !!!!! I need to just come and follow you around. Why don't you start your own BIG LOSER camp and I will enroll!
MediQuick! Two shakes a day w/ HNS, two snacks (one protein bar and another HNS) and MRC dinner...I am doing this for two weeks to get the 12 off!