3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Meal Replacement Bars (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/196391-meal-replacement-bars.html)

jendlee72 03-10-2010 12:11 PM

Meal Replacement Bars

Do you use MRC's meal replacement bars, and if so, do you know if the protein bars on Dietdirect.com (ProtiDiet) are comparable? I have never used either but thought it might be nice to have some around for mornings that I'm really running late and/or sick of my egg and toast!

megsmomma 03-10-2010 12:29 PM

I do eat the MRC bars. Haven't tried any others though. I really like the chocolate mint bar. I call it my candy bar! It has a chewy consistancy. I've also had the cinnamon bar. it was more like a granola bar, but also very good. I usually have one 1 time per week. I think you are allowed up to 3 per week.

dkmd27 03-10-2010 12:40 PM

The diet direct ones are the same product, and are on sale this week. My favorite is the cinnamon -- warmed in the microwave for about 10 seconds -- I can almost convince myself it's a cinnamon roll (lol)! I can't eat them very much though because they are one of my red-button foods.

jendlee72 03-10-2010 01:28 PM

dkmd27, What brand on diet direct? I'm looking at ProtiDiet and can't find cinnamon. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Are they $9.99/box?

Helen ready to lose 03-10-2010 01:36 PM

My suggestion is to take one of MRC's bars to Walmart and compare it to the the many brands of bars they carry. There was a previous post on this a while back and someone suggested Pure Protein at Walmart. I have been using those and I love them. You can buy them indiviually which is nice. Can't remember the cost off the top of my head.

jendlee72 03-10-2010 01:39 PM

Helen, Do you mind posting the nutrtional facts of the MRC brand sometime? I've never bought them. That's a good idea to compare to Wal-mart brands. Thanks.

Helen ready to lose 03-10-2010 07:09 PM

Jendlee, I have never bought them either. I got my info from a post started by learning2behealthy. You could search her posts under the subject of meal replacement bars. I will cut and past the most important info on mrc bars for you. It was an older post and some of the bars listed weren't still available at my center. This will give you an idea. The Carmel nut is an MRC bar

Caramel nut:
160 cal, total fat 5 g, sodium 95 mg, total carb 15 g, prot 15 g.

This is the post on Pure protein bars at walmart.

Hello All,

I've done some research on bars and shakes. I have found a wonderful bar. It's called Pure Protein. I took it to MRC and asked about them in comparison to theirs and they couldn't find a complaint because obviously Pure Protein is better all the way around. MRC did say they have sugar alcohol and they could upset my stomach. I thought it was weird that was all they could come up with. Then later on that day I compared theirs to Pure Protein and theirs do have more sugar alcohol in them

Pure Protein is around $6.oo at Wal-Mart, they have:

•6 bars per box
•20g of protein
•0g of trans fat
•2g of sugar
•15 carbs
•180 calories
•200mg sodium. (this was a little higher then MRC)

Hope that helped, I bought the meal replacement shakes ONCE at mrc. Now I just buy whey protein from walmart and mix it with almond milk I buy at the grocery store which is only 40 calories a cup. It isn't in the refrigerated section it is either in the nutritional or with powdered milk. mrc shakes have 12 grams of sugar and I am trying to watch my sugar.

jendlee72 03-10-2010 08:37 PM

Thanks for your help!

SalaamDementia 03-11-2010 08:55 AM

Thanks for that, I've been wondering if there is an alternative to the MRC bars. They're my life saver for those occasional mornings when I wake up late or afternoons when lunch is the last thing on my mind.

MEEZOOGIRL 03-11-2010 09:10 AM

Does anyone know why you can only use them 3 times a week?

Joy2MeNu 03-11-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL (Post 3195528)
Does anyone know why you can only use them 3 times a week?

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but it is believed that over 3 per week will slow down your weight loss.

Secretgrl77 03-11-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmd27 (Post 3194165)
The diet direct ones are the same product, and are on sale this week. My favorite is the cinnamon -- warmed in the microwave for about 10 seconds -- I can almost convince myself it's a cinnamon roll (lol)! I can't eat them very much though because they are one of my red-button foods.

I have the same problem with the replacement bars.

dkmd27 03-11-2010 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jendlee72 (Post 3194274)
dkmd27, What brand on diet direct? I'm looking at ProtiDiet and can't find cinnamon. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Are they $9.99/box?

If you go back to the dd website you will find under "ways to shop" a sale category -- click on that, it will take you to the weekly sale items. The brand name is WonderSlim (but it's exactly the same product, just with a different name) ... look at your box from the center and you will see the same box with a different name. They are $8.49, less if you buy in bulk.