3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Syrup question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/194058-syrup-question.html)

porchmom84 02-12-2010 07:33 PM

Syrup question

I've seen several posts about syrup and think I've read Walden Farms brand is okay. I can't find Walden Farms Brand but I found a Maple Grove Farms Maple Flavor Sugar Free Syrup...ingredients water, sorbitol, cellulose gum, natural and artifical maple flavor, salt, sucralose, sodium benzoate, phosphoric acid, acesulfame potassium, sorbic acid and potassium sorbate, carmal color, citric acid. Anybody know if it's okay or not and how that compares to Walden Farms? It sounds REALLY good to have french toast and a little syrup tomorrow:)

leigh34 02-12-2010 08:17 PM

I've been using a drizzle of sugar free syrup on my pancakes and french toast since the beginning OP (its my little cheat) and I haven't seen much of a change in my weight loss (average 3 lbs a week)

porchmom84 02-12-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh34 (Post 3149804)
I've been using a drizzle of sugar free syrup on my pancakes and french toast since the beginning OP (its my little cheat) and I haven't seen much of a change in my weight loss (average 3 lbs a week)

Thanks....I'm going to try it tomorrow.....now let's see if I can really DRIZZLE or pour...I'll really try to drizzle:)

E4FEwife 02-12-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 3149754)
I've seen several posts about syrup and think I've read Walden Farms brand is okay. I can't find Walden Farms Brand but I found a Maple Grove Farms Maple Flavor Sugar Free Syrup...ingredients water, sorbitol, cellulose gum, natural and artifical maple flavor, salt, sucralose, sodium benzoate, phosphoric acid, acesulfame potassium, sorbic acid and potassium sorbate, carmal color, citric acid. Anybody know if it's okay or not and how that compares to Walden Farms? It sounds REALLY good to have french toast and a little syrup tomorrow:)

I use the Maple Grove syrup every time I have french toost (which is a lot). I only use enough to put a layer over the top of my bread. The serving size says 1/4 cup, does anyone use that much syrup???

leigh34 02-12-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 3149926)
Thanks....I'm going to try it tomorrow.....now let's see if I can really DRIZZLE or pour...I'll really try to drizzle:)

Hahaha...OK so sometimes I really intend to "drizzle" but might just pour! Enjoy ;)

katwmn1 02-12-2010 11:10 PM

I know my counselors have been warning me away from any of the sugar alcohols (ie: sorbitol, xylitol, etc.), but if I want it, I use it in moderation...

learning2Bhealthy 02-13-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katwmn1 (Post 3149978)
I know my counselors have been warning me away from any of the sugar alcohols (ie: sorbitol, xylitol, etc.), but if I want it, I use it in moderation...

They told me the same thing. Then I noticed that their products have sugar alcohol in them.:?:

porchmom84 02-13-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katwmn1 (Post 3149978)

anyone know the down side of these sugar alcohols?

learning2Bhealthy 02-13-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porchmom84 (Post 3150691)
anyone know the down side of these sugar alcohols?

All they told me was that they could upset your stomach.:?:

katwmn1 02-13-2010 08:00 PM

Your body metabolizes sugar alcohols into sugar before it can digest them...sorry...I'm a science nerd...

That's another reason why you shouldn't chew sugarless gum - I believe you are better off chewing sugared gum, or using straight sugar instead of sugar alcohols, if you really have to.

Also, SAs can have a VERY laxative effect if eaten in excess

Things like Splenda and Truvia are NOT sugar alcohols.