3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Beware of Relacore (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/188914-beware-relacore.html)

bjwizzy 12-28-2009 04:44 PM

Beware of Relacore

Hello my MRC friends. I wanted to give you all a heads up that one of the side effects of Relacore is hair loss. I know many of us use Relacore as a replacement for Corti-trim because it's less expensive. I wasn't sure why my hair had started falling out by the handful. I went to a beautician and she began to ask me questions about supplements I've been taking or change of diet. She was telling me the only way my hair could look like this is if something had changed. I'm not stressed or anything like that but I did start taking Relacore.

I did some research on the internet about Relacore and to my dismay hair loss is a side effect. Obviously it effects everyone differently but please pay attention if your taking this supplement. I didn't have any bald patches but I did notice how thin my hair had gotten. I'm disgusted to say the least.:?:
I sure hope it grows back quickly. :(

sexyrene 12-28-2009 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info, I was thinking of saving money and switching to the Relacore.
sexyrene

WWDT 12-28-2009 07:48 PM

I just bought Relacore to start once I run out of Corti-trim, now I am nervous about starting it. Has anyone else had any experiences with Relacore, good or bad?

porchmom84 12-28-2009 08:59 PM

Thanks for the info. I took Relacore--at least a bottle's worth and didn't have this side effect....however we're all different. I didn't notice a difference in losing belly fat either though so I'm not taking Relacore or Cortitrim at this point.

Thanks for the heads up. Helpful forum.

RonnieAdl 12-28-2009 11:17 PM

I am and have been taking Corti trim since I started in August. I noticed about a month ago the massive loss of hair I am having .. I bought some Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and got a bottle of Biotin yesterday and see if it slows down any. I mentioned it at my WI today and the gal told me some of the clients had experienced hair loss while on this program. Thankfully I have enough hair for a couple of people but I can tell it is thinning some. At this point I don't know if it is a supplement or due to the extreme calorie deficet..

Ronnie

Keiko 12-28-2009 11:51 PM

I'm not taking either Relacore or Corti-trim but had a similar experience some years back when I was following the Atkins diet....

Anti Gluten Chick 12-29-2009 07:49 PM

thanks 4 the heads up!!! :)

bjwizzy 12-30-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieAdl (Post 3062346)
I am and have been taking Corti trim since I started in August. I noticed about a month ago the massive loss of hair I am having .. I bought some Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and got a bottle of Biotin yesterday and see if it slows down any. I mentioned it at my WI today and the gal told me some of the clients had experienced hair loss while on this program. Thankfully I have enough hair for a couple of people but I can tell it is thinning some. At this point I don't know if it is a supplement or due to the extreme calorie deficet..

Ronnie

Thanks for the info Ronnie. I didn't think about the diet part. I stop taking the supplement but it's going to take sometime to get out of my system. I was told that if you are taking a supplement that causes hair loss you have to stop taking it, your hair loss will stop, and your hair will grow back. My hair is doing so much much better now. :) I'll never take that stuff again. :( Have you noticed an improvement since you started using Nioxin?

RonnieAdl 12-30-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjwizzy (Post 3065422)
Thanks for the info Ronnie. I didn't think about the diet part. I stop taking the supplement but it's going to take sometime to get out of my system. I was told that if you are taking a supplement that causes hair loss you have to stop taking it, your hair loss will stop, and your hair will grow back. My hair is doing so much much better now. :) I'll never take that stuff again. :( Have you noticed an improvement since you started using Nioxin?

Not so much yet. I think it takes a while for it to help, but the conditoner makes my hair really soft. I have naturally curly hair that can be unruly and the Nioxin conditioner is great! I doubt if the Corti Trim is what is making my hair fall out, since I have been taking it for months now and the hair loss I just noticed so I think I will see what happens.

Cheers!

Ronnie:D

not going to give up 12-31-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieAdl (Post 3065685)
Not so much yet. I think it takes a while for it to help, but the conditoner makes my hair really soft. I have naturally curly hair that can be unruly and the Nioxin conditioner is great! I doubt if the Corti Trim is what is making my hair fall out, since I have been taking it for months now and the hair loss I just noticed so I think I will see what happens.

Cheers!

Ronnie:D

My doctor explained to me that anytime you make a drastic change in the way your are eating "bad/good", it can cause hair loss in some people.

RonnieAdl 12-31-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not going to give up (Post 3066028)
My doctor explained to me that anytime you make a drastic change in the way your are eating "bad/good", it can cause hair loss in some people.

I can only hope I can lose the last of this weight before I go bald!:D

Cheers!

Ronnie

Thighs Be Gone 12-31-2009 02:52 PM

I am not on this program but have experienced hairloss. Absolutely--the change in lifestyle regardless of supplements is a very common thing for women. I have seen it discussed many times here at 3FC.

Thighs Be Gone 12-31-2009 02:53 PM

By the way--the hair loss does slow way down. Lori259 said that she has been helped by the supplement Biotin.

RonnieAdl 12-31-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3066568)
By the way--the hair loss does slow way down. Lori259 said that she has been helped by the supplement Biotin.

That is good to know. Hopefully between the Nioxin and the Biotin, I will have no more drastic hair loss.

Thanks!

Ronnie:carrot:

Fifties Lady 01-01-2010 09:57 PM

Oh, how interesting. I am losing hair and I am just hating it. I have lots of natural curly hair, but it seems to be going away fast. I'm not taking any pills, so it must be the diet...which does not make me happy because I don't want to lose my hair...just lose weight. This is scaring the H out of me now.