Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CndLou View Post
The Nioxin at Walmart that I bought is the real deal and it's cheaper. You have to buy it in the salon that's located in a Super Walmart store (its less because they can buy it in large quanitities). I have heard from several people that the MSM really helps with hair, nails, and skin. I'm trying it. I will look for Biotin too.
This is good to know! I didn't even know Walmart had a hair salon.. Now I need to go check this out so I can get this stuff cheaper..

thanks for the info!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 184/175/145

Height: 5'8"

I spoke the MRC counselor today and she told me if I was losing lots of hair I had a hormone inbalance. I said what? Then she suggested more supplements to take to fix that. It seems they have a pill for everything. I'm tired of taking all these pills.
bjwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

yeah I hear you on that.. My center didn't offer any stuff to buy which surprised me..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #49  

I'm on a phentermine/effexor combo and starting loosing my hair and freaking out! I took biotin supplements, used nioxin, but it kept falling out.

Finally, after discussions with my doc, I started taking 10,000 biotin AND silica. It took about 2 months, but the hair loss has stopped, and my hair is looking absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure what the interplay of the biotin and silica is exactly, but it sure did work for me.
daiquiri diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:46 PM   #50  

Default Relacore made my hair fall out

I started taking relacore in Feb and by the end of Feb my hair was falling out. I didn't know that relacore was to blame but by March my hair was falling out in the handfuls. I started doing research and found that relacore can Cause hair loss in some individuals. It messes with your thyroid function. Before feb I never had a problem with hair loss. I have had to start taking thyroid medication to help with the hair loss. Relacore messed with my thyroid and it hasn't been the same since.

Last edited by Alynn76; 09-13-2017 at 06:47 PM.
Alynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote