Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Tough Decision about Stabilization

I was planning on going through the stabilization class this month (December). I was approved for it through my center and the class is scheduled on the 15th.

I have decided to put off stabilization till January. The reason is based on that I haven't been in the right mindset the whole month of November. I have cheated weekly and not lost much.

Good news is that I think I figured out my problem... first some background. My bf and I met when I was 185 lbs and my weight has caused problems in our relationship. I had lost 10 lbs before meeting him on my own but was struggling. That being said he has been a huge pilar of support throughout my weight loss. I had wanted to get into shape for awhile and meeting him really helped me get into a healthier lifestyle. He even helped me with the initial fees and first few big purchases at MRC.

The problem is that I have been putting too much into what he says about my weight loss. I am looking to him for approval and acceptance since loosing. The last month has also been filled with stress and I have turned to food. Hearing him say 'its ok, eat off program for a week then get back on' and 'enjoy yourself, you earned it' have given me reasons to get off track. I realized I am letting him have control over MY program. This shouldn't be the case.

Ultimately I am doing this for me because I want to be healthy with or with out him. Don't get me wrong, we are very happy but I think weight can have horrible effects on a relationship. So I have decided to take MY program back and be in control. If I eat off plan its because I want to not because he or anyone else said its ok.

Doing this I have learned that the food is the easy part of loosing weight. The mental battle is the hardest one to fight.

I believe this extra month will get me in the right frame of mind to go through stabilization and I feel more confident and feel prepared to give myself a good base to go into stabilization with.
daizy hotrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6''

Good for you Daisy! Control is exactly what I've gained through this program. I'm so glad that you found this insight into yourself through MRC and I hope you really enjoy your last months on plan
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

You have done some real soul searching. Good for you. I didn't realize that we could put off our stabilization. That is good info to know.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote