3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Is carb blocker worth it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/186076-carb-blocker-worth.html)

porchmom84 11-08-2009 10:15 AM

Is carb blocker worth it?

Those of you with experience with this product--worth it? How have you used it and gotten away with it? Holidays only??

Goose 11-08-2009 03:38 PM

I've never tried it but was wondering the same thing with the holidays coming up.

shopgirl 11-08-2009 04:27 PM

I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. Your urine/bowel movement can be oily (that's what I was told). I haven't experienced anything like that. I asked if it would make me have to run to the bathroom or anything and they said no....it just binds with the fat/carbs and then your body would get rid of it. I had ZERO negative effects. I also have a lunch meeting w/a friend tomorrow at a Mexican restaurant and I'll be taking them again for that but I'll make sure I won't have any margaritas and I'll make better choices....prob a grilled chicken salad vs the margaritas and fajitas I had last night ;) I'll let y'all know how it work after I WI next Saturday :)

magnoliagirl 11-08-2009 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopgirl (Post 3005920)
I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. Your urine/bowel movement can be oily (that's what I was told). I haven't experienced anything like that. I asked if it would make me have to run to the bathroom or anything and they said no....it just binds with the fat/carbs and then your body would get rid of it. I had ZERO negative effects. I also have a lunch meeting w/a friend tomorrow at a Mexican restaurant and I'll be taking them again for that but I'll make sure I won't have any margaritas and I'll make better choices....prob a grilled chicken salad vs the margaritas and fajitas I had last night ;) I'll let y'all know how it work after I WI next Saturday :)

Hello shopgirl,
I have been wondering about this too. I thought with the holidays, I could use it. I was wondering if this would compare any to Alli? Let me know how your weigh in goes after you use it.
magnoliagirl

cmb9697 11-08-2009 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=shopgirl;3005920]I bought the fat/carb blocker yesterday and used it before my Mexican fiesta! The way it works is that you replace it with your 2 oil pills at dinner (b/c the fat/carb blocker can't distinguish between good fats/bad fats). You take 2 right before your meal. It binds with 55 grams of fat/carbs. QUOTE]

Ahhhh... good to know about this! They forgot to mention that at my center. I sure hope that taking it with the oils doesn't interfere much. Thanks for the info!
Carla B.

Fiona24 01-03-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopgirl (Post 3005920)

Which one did you buy?

I've been browsing website looking for one with rave reviews and have seen one or two brands that I may want to try, but I didn't know that oily excrement would be a side effect. Do all carb blockers have this effect?

rn5192008 01-03-2010 01:31 PM

I've used the MRC fat/carb blocker before never was told about any side effects and never had any. I was told 2 only use it occassionally to go off plan. Take 30 mins. before meal

gerdes9195 01-18-2010 08:54 PM

What are the oil pills??? I am so confused!!

cmb9697 01-20-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerdes9195 (Post 3103085)
What are the oil pills??? I am so confused!!

I think that's the Flax or Fish oil