Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

FL, So glad you had fun with your sister. Did you save one of those bottles of wine for me? Well, when you do drink it, raise a glass to the 3 Fat Chick friends!

LaRee, darling I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. It is hard when people you love are going through hard times and to open your house to your brother it remarkable. It shows just what a beautiful caring woman you are. I have written about my unhealthy relationship with food before and it seems we have that in common. Think back, was the bacon a reward or was it a moment of fear? I sometimes am afraid of the changes that a thinner, more attractive body would bring. I am not sure I want the attention, but then I do. I don't know how I will change, what if people treat me different? What if they don't? There are times when the weight is a barrier for me, prevents me from being hurt. I wear it like a blanket, kinda cozy, familiar and safe. People aren't rejecting me, they are rejecting my fat. But when I am thin, there is only me, what if they still reject me? However, that blanket of fat is smothering me. It is making me ill and I don't like it. It is hiding the true me away from the world. We are taught not to to talk to highly of ourselves, it is considered conceited and rude. Well, screw that! I say if we hide our true selves behind a smothering blanket, then we are cheating the world of a beautiful thing. All those poor people out there who's lives are a shade duller for not having the opportunity to see the real us. Why it would be a crime against humanity to deprive them of our glorious wonderful selves! You, my dear are a beautiful, intelligent, kind, thoughtful and precious woman. You deserve to lift the blanket that is smothering you, breath deeply and live/love life to the fullest. And you will make my world brighter when you do.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #62  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

LaRee,
Glad to hear you are back on track. Keep it up!

FL,
Welcome Back. I missed you
Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #63  
Where did I go??

S/C/G: 240.5/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I have been home sick all afternoon yesterday and all day today with strep and some kind of virus. I was put on antibiotics yesterday. My throart was feeling better this morning but man, I felt drained and actually felt worse. I was OP all day then made the mistake of eating pizza. I am putting myself back together and getting back OP fully tomorrow. I am worth it and I am not going to let pizza defeat me!! Drinking that water and moving forward! Thank goodness I am getting my tonsils out in two weeks. Tired of getting throat sick! Hope everyone is doing well. I am excited that I also finally got my ticker! YEH!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 238/228/135

Default Hmmmm

Went to WI and even though no pounds lost, I did lose 7 1/2 inches and 4 % of fat. Is that average? I;m trying not to get discouraged, but I was hoping for faster results. I am upping my water intake and being very rigid about my food. Hoping and praying that this works!

any other suggestions?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirasmommy View Post
Hello all! I have been home sick all afternoon yesterday and all day today with strep and some kind of virus. I was put on antibiotics yesterday. My throart was feeling better this morning but man, I felt drained and actually felt worse. I was OP all day then made the mistake of eating pizza. I am putting myself back together and getting back OP fully tomorrow. I am worth it and I am not going to let pizza defeat me!! Drinking that water and moving forward! Thank goodness I am getting my tonsils out in two weeks. Tired of getting throat sick! Hope everyone is doing well. I am excited that I also finally got my ticker! YEH!
I hope you are starting to feel better. I got the sore throat and fever my first month OP, and it put me out for a good 10 days, so take care. I lived on MRC chicken soup. That helped me get through it since nothing else tasted good. But being sick really set me back in losing. I still haven't gotten back to actually losing like I had when I started. I battle the same 3 pounds every week. Now my vacation is messing me up again, so I hope soon I will be on the losing side again. Take care now.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #66  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

welcome back from vacation, FL! we missed you
Old 11-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #67  

Height: 5'9"

FL - welcome back and glad you had a great time. Lori it is good to see you too. Where is Karen? If you are out there we miss you too!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #68  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirasmommy View Post
I feel for you with the throat thing. I had my tonsils taken out at age 24 and it was probably 2 months before I was back to normal but I would do it again in a heartbeat. You will feel so much better after all the healing is over. I loved on instant mashed potatoes myself because that and pudding were all I could swallow for awhile... good luck!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
I'm baaaaack!!!! Oh how I missed you all!!! I haven't had time to read all the posts, but 55 already on the November thread is really something!!! You ladies have been very busy.

Virginia was beautiful and we had so much fun. The rain put a damper (pun intended) on our DC and Arlington Cemetary tour, but it was still very interesting and exciting. When I left, I had decided to leave the MRC diet at home and enjoy my vacation!!! And that's exactly what I did. The wine was to die for!!! I noticed when you haven't had alcohol for awhile, it doesn't take long for it to go to your head. I even took two bottles home to save for a "special occasion".

I went to WI yesterday, and gained 2 pounds, so I was actually feeling good about that. It could have been so much worse, but I did select healthy choices and I think that really helped. The counselor said it will take 9 MRC meals to get back to losing again. So I'm starting my count down now!

I will catch up reading all the posts this weekend and I'm sure I have so much to respond to. But you were all missed and now I am depending on you all to get me back on track. I plan to join the Y this weekend, since walking here in the winter time is not much fun when it is icy!

See you all later!!!!

Welcome home, FL! My cousin from outside Toronto was also in the DC/Arlington/Gettysburg area last week. Said it was beautiful and a good trip. Glad you had fun.

Missed you!

-- JJ
Old 11-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Yes, welcome back, FL. Sounds like a great vacation.

I completely forgot to WI today. According to my home scales I might have lost a half a pound and I REALLY want to get below 169. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to see if I break this plateau. I know mentally if I can get to 168 (my weight for years) then I can hit goal.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #71  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Welcome back FL! So glad you had a great trip.

little edie, i so hope that you have lost after all this time not only for you but emotionally as well!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed lady!

oday, finally, after all my binge eating all those things off program, I dropped 6.5 lbs on MRC's scale and FINALLY got to sign the 60 pound board. I was so close to that 3 weeks ago. The tanita also says that I'm 9.5 lbs away from my goal so that was exciting!!

Monday is my 30th b-day and I'm torn about eating a dessert. I'd jsut like a small piece of something sweet but don't want it to cause me to stall. I'm also afraid after such a big loss this week that I'm in for a plateau Oh well, I'll just enjoy my progress and keep going! I'm also going to get a massage on Wednesday so that is my b-day present to myself.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 158/147/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
Welcome back FL! So glad you had a great trip.

little edie, i so hope that you have lost after all this time not only for you but emotionally as well!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed lady!

oday, finally, after all my binge eating all those things off program, I dropped 6.5 lbs on MRC's scale and FINALLY got to sign the 60 pound board. I was so close to that 3 weeks ago. The tanita also says that I'm 9.5 lbs away from my goal so that was exciting!!

Monday is my 30th b-day and I'm torn about eating a dessert. I'd jsut like a small piece of something sweet but don't want it to cause me to stall. I'm also afraid after such a big loss this week that I'm in for a plateau Oh well, I'll just enjoy my progress and keep going! I'm also going to get a massage on Wednesday so that is my b-day present to myself.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
WOW! 6.5 lbs!!! thats awesome!! way 2 go!!! i think thats the best gift u can give urself 4 ur bday!! when i have my cheats i just sign myself into thinking ive screwed it 4 this month's goal...but thats clearly not the case ...wow im so inspired now!! i think im gonna run the treadmill!!lol
Old 11-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #73  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain gal View Post
WOW! 6.5 lbs!!! thats awesome!! way 2 go!!! i think thats the best gift u can give urself 4 ur bday!! when i have my cheats i just sign myself into thinking ive screwed it 4 this month's goal...but thats clearly not the case ...wow im so inspired now!! i think im gonna run the treadmill!!lol
why thank you very much! I know I was hoping that I would be able to get to 60 pounds. It just make me made that I probably could have been at my goal by now if I hadn't screwed up and ate all that crap. But oh well, no looking back, only forward!! Go run girl! I've walked 4 days this week and honestly my legs are a bit tired. Yesterday morning, I had 2 sinfully delicious choc. chip cookies. I drank like 220 oz. of water, ate tilapia for both lunch/dinner, and then walked for 40 minutes and ended up losing a .5 lb. So I was excited. I'm going to see what the scales say on Monday, as that might determine whether I eat a little somethign sweet or not lol. It's hard not to want to eat something sweet for your birthday, ya know?
Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #74  

Default Yahoo!

Way to go Lynn! So excited for you. I'll look for your name on the board on Friday! I think that after all this you should have a little piece of bday cake, but then use the advice you gave me...H20 and work, work!

Old 11-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #75  

Okay, I know I'm a dork, but so excited that I have my new tickers. So motivating. I received my first string of ribbon last night for my in lost (7 1/4) and my mom gave me a great idea about paper clips. One for each one you've lost and one for each one you want to lose. I think I may try that visual!

Closed Thread