Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 238/228/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
I'm having the worst time getting "refocused" ... the foods are boring ... I'm playing around with it -- gain 2, lose 3, gain 3, lose 3. When I am doing the program right, it's a constant loss or at least staying the same, but this up and down is what I seem to be doing right now.

So, I've set a mini-goal for November and hope to be able to get on track. Any quick (not cooking) meal ideas would be appreciated. I'm single, don't really cook for myself, and would likes quick, easy suggestions for all meals.

Thanks for always being here!
I have a hard time with cooking and needing quick meals for my family and at work, so I have been living off of steamers - veggies and now found a line of fish that steam in 3-4 minutes. I can say that they have saved me when I've been tempted to stray due to lack of time.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 238/228/135

Default Trying to stay on track

I am really focused for the month to stay on track. Even though I am about 99% OP, I get really nervous about WI. I just can't fathom that it's really gonna work! Lynnette, I can't wait to borrow those clothes and hope that they get too big as well!

Good thoughts for all of you in your journey!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

am having a hard time today. For some reason my stomach is growling, while i have had a normal breakfast and my snack already. Having an extra HNS right now.... People next to my office are having donuts and everytime i walk to the break room, that box is calling my name.....
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #34  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabeelmalik View Post
am having a hard time today. For some reason my stomach is growling, while i have had a normal breakfast and my snack already. Having an extra HNS right now.... People next to my office are having donuts and everytime i walk to the break room, that box is calling my name.....
Just picture them walking around with Donuts for Buns!!! That is exactly where they are going...who want's that???

You can do it stay strong and know that evey day down is a day closer to goal and if you cheat with a donut...you are taking back a few days of hard work on program.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

LOL LaRee. Thanks for that i resisted
Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #36  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachingmom View Post
I am really focused for the month to stay on track. Even though I am about 99% OP, I get really nervous about WI. I just can't fathom that it's really gonna work! Lynnette, I can't wait to borrow those clothes and hope that they get too big as well!

Good thoughts for all of you in your journey!
You'll do fine I just know it! And they have your name on them waiting for you.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
Just picture them walking around with Donuts for Buns!!! That is exactly where they are going...who want's that???

You can do it stay strong and know that evey day down is a day closer to goal and if you cheat with a donut...you are taking back a few days of hard work on program.
Nabeel, she's right. I read it somewhere in one of our threads that each cheat would cost you about $45.00 (when you take into account that it will takes on average 3 days/12 OP meals to get back into weight loss mode). Think about THAT next time you want to cheat. I know the financial impact quickly brings me back to reality.

~Carla B.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Being knocked out of ketosis is a bigger motivator for me to stay OP than the money anymore. Although the diet gods and goddess know I've spent enough money to look like Katie Holmes on a fat day.

I've been telling myself all day that today COULD HAVE been the day the scales dropped if I hadn't effed up the weekend. And what I should have done is eat everything I wanted to eat on Friday night when I was initially craving it instead of spreading it out through the weekend.

Such is life.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #39  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
Being knocked out of ketosis is a bigger motivator for me to stay OP than the money anymore. Although the diet gods and goddess know I've spent enough money to look like Katie Holmes on a fat day.

I've been telling myself all day that today COULD HAVE been the day the scales dropped if I hadn't effed up the weekend. And what I should have done is eat everything I wanted to eat on Friday night when I was initially craving it instead of spreading it out through the weekend.

Such is life.
I think I've only been in ketosis a handful of times while on this program. And I know the feeling of the scales could have dropped if I hadn't done this or eaten that. And Friday was my last day and I had several things that I wanted and have been mostly OP since. Hang in there my friend! I had a dbl choc. pudding and was thinking of you. It tasted so good!!

Last edited by noahsmama; 11-04-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #40  

Height: 5'6''

Had my WI tonight...didn't care for my rep tonight...she sat down, looked at my chart, lectured me, tried to teach me how to avoid the "mistakes" i made, and then we went to WI and I lost 6.5lbs. I wanted to say "HA...try to teach me", but i thought that sounded cocky and I was just in a bad mood from driving in traffic so I got over myself and got excited for my loss. I hope I'm not the only one who goes in with a rotten attitude sometimes... Maybe so.

But hard to stay in a bad mood when I got to sign the 10lb board and got my 10lb rock thing...WOO HOO! 14.5lbs in 2 weeks. I am SO SO glad to be back on MRC...let this weight fall off!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Had my WI tonight...didn't care for my rep tonight...she sat down, looked at my chart, lectured me, tried to teach me how to avoid the "mistakes" i made, and then we went to WI and I lost 6.5lbs. I wanted to say "HA...try to teach me", but i thought that sounded cocky and I was just in a bad mood from driving in traffic so I got over myself and got excited for my loss. I hope I'm not the only one who goes in with a rotten attitude sometimes... Maybe so.

But hard to stay in a bad mood when I got to sign the 10lb board and got my 10lb rock thing...WOO HOO! 14.5lbs in 2 weeks. I am SO SO glad to be back on MRC...let this weight fall off!
I hear ya! I got a way too long lecture the last time I was in and was down 2.5 pounds. This week I'm going to request a weigh in prior to the sit-down.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:42 AM   #42  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post

Way to go on such a big loss and I'm sorry you had a rotten session but just celebrate your loss and signing the 10 lb board!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #43  

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the congrats you two. I'm not sure how much longer these big losses will continue, but I'm gonna enjoy them while they last.

I think part of my problem with the consultation was that 2 of the 3 employees that I've seen weren't there last time i was with MRC and so they don't know my background with the program. Because of that, they are treating me like a new client, which is fine, but I don't need the guidance that a new client would need. I know what to do and when i eat something wrong, I know it's wrong...I don't need the lecture. I may have to talk to the manager about that...she's the one that was there when i was OP last. We'll see. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it, maybe it'll just go away. Or maybe I should just eat perfectly and then they have nothing to lecture about
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #44  

Hello -- To start my November, I have joined this forum!
I have been on MRC since July 2009. It started out well and I lost 17 lbs. in about 12 weeks (which is a great rate of weight loss for my body!)

For about a month, I have been treading water, going over and over the same 5-6 lbs. The frustrating part is that I have been OP during this time. Even the people at my center are surprised and stumped about what to do other than keep on plan.

I know what you mean about the people.. My center has several who will listen and believe you; but others just think if you really were OP, you wouldn't be having these struggles.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #45  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega mom View Post
Hello -- To start my November, I have joined this forum!
I have been on MRC since July 2009. It started out well and I lost 17 lbs. in about 12 weeks (which is a great rate of weight loss for my body!)

For about a month, I have been treading water, going over and over the same 5-6 lbs. The frustrating part is that I have been OP during this time. Even the people at my center are surprised and stumped about what to do other than keep on plan.

I know what you mean about the people.. My center has several who will listen and believe you; but others just think if you really were OP, you wouldn't be having these struggles.
Welcome to this fabulous forum and congrats on your weight loss thus far. It's SO frustrating when you're on a plateau. There are some users who will have great tips for you. I had one that lasted 3 weeks and boy was that frustrating I know. If you haven't already, I would increase your water. One other tip that I remember reading is to cut out the creamies, eat fish, and use beans as your starch. I'm sure others will have other recommendations and good luck!
Closed Thread