Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #31  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by storment7 View Post
The brownie recipe sounds interesting where did you find it.
I have lost 64 lbs and seem to be at a stand still so am looking
for different menu items hoping to change things up. You have
done so well maybe you have some ideas.
The brownie recipe was created by a guy at my center. We had a MRC cook-off last Monday and that was one that he submitted. I posted it in the recipe thread. I'm full of ideas! What types of foods do you like/not like? Going from a picky eater to what I eat now, you'd be amazed at the things I fix/eat.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I'm in too.

I love a challenge.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/229/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
The brownie recipe was created by a guy at my center. We had a MRC cook-off last Monday and that was one that he submitted. I posted it in the recipe thread. I'm full of ideas! What types of foods do you like/not like? Going from a picky eater to what I eat now, you'd be amazed at the things I fix/eat.
I'm semi picky. Not a real big fish eater. Don't like broccoli or green peppers.
I will look on the thread to get the recipe for the brownies.
storment7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/165

Height: 5'7

I want to lose 15 lbs. I havent weighed in november yet, my last weigh in was on halloween. I have lost 11lbs in two weeks. I doubt Ill keep that up, but I can wish. If i could just lose 15 lbs a month that would be awesome. I had some trouble this weekend. I didnt go completly off program, I just didnt really pay attention. I didnt weigh my food, I didnt take all my vitamin, or drink all my HNSs. I dont know whats up, I just havent been feeling it lately. I really need to get it together.
Pcherr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 AM   #35  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
I am so confused what plan do they have you doing? When I was walking more than 5 hours a week, they told me I wasn't allowed to exercise that much. I really wanted to "kick it up" a bit and start doing more labor intensive exercise they told me I shouldn't/couldn't without having to change programs. They told me once I entered stabablization I could really start exercising.
E4FEwife - I started out this program doing no exercise at all, then I caught the running bug and started training for 5Ks, my center has been very supportive of my running, I am on the green menu, however I have switched to the Meta-Balance for a few weeks when I need extra energy for a race. Typical response from MRC is to do the recommended amount of exercise for maximum weight loss, it is hard to exercise more without being physically exhausted on the green menu, however my center is treating my running as a very positive change for my health and diet... the goal is to keep me running and have the program work for me...the benefits of running will out weight the program in the end, my physical health is so much better not only from the program but from the running...my center and doctor are amazed with my blood pressure since running, - my tanita is measured two ways each time, normal and athletic -
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #36  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i struggle with the exercise, too--i have a membership at a gym that i LOVE and spend probably 3-4 hours per week there--although i haven't been as lucky as genell with getting my center's buy-in; they still tell me i should cut down on the exercise. however, now that i've done my first 5K, i've got the fever and i want to keep doing them (there's another one on sunday, yay!), but that also means i need to keep up some mileage during the week. going from zero running to running 3.1 miles all at once was really rough on my body this weekend! so i think i am either going to start following metabalance (without telling the center about it) or come up with some kind of hybrid of the green and MB menus. my physical fitness is far too important to me to give it up for a few months, you know?
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #37  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm putting this out there to help me stay op. I've managed to stay op, even with going out to lunch yesterday for work. Ordered my salad without several things on it and it is getting easier to ask for things like this. I have always hated asking for special things when ordering, but it isn't so bad. I am feeling renewed and recommitted as I was at the beginning of my journey. I won't go to WI until Saturday as I don't have the time before then. I've even managed to stay away from all the chocolate and cookies in the break room all afternoon. It hasn't been easy, but just keep talking to myself.

I'm hoping I have a good wi on Saturday to jump start on remainder of my weight loss, doing it with these first 15 lbs.

Have a great evening everyone.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #38  
Lynn

Where's Karen1234?! She and I were originally going to do this and I haven't heard from her? What msim, has anybody heard from her in a while?

Leah, I wish I had time to spend 3-4 hours at the gym. But with having a 2 year old who's bed time is 8 PM, I jsut simply don't have the time. But we have a very nice treadmill that I walk on and do some free weights/squats/crunches.

TeresaG, way to go avoiding the temptation of the cookies and sweets! Trust me, I know first hand about giving in. I did PLENTY of that the last 4 weeks to know all too well. Stay strong and we're going to do the best we can this month and get this weight off!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I also struggle with exercise.

When I'm not working I don't like to do anything.

But when we wear pedometers at work, we walk between 3-5 miles in 12 hours. Not exactly cardio, but enough that I feel achey after I get home.

I walk around our place with the dogs and practically do the cha-cha when they intertwine around my legs. One-two-step over yorkie. One-two-step around hounddog. Sometimes I do a sprint when my SO has moved the longhorn to a different pasture and hasn't told me. I have a fear of being impaled by a steer.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #40  
Leah

Quote:
Where's Karen1234?! She and I were originally going to do this and I haven't heard from her? What msim, has anybody heard from her in a while?

Leah, I wish I had time to spend 3-4 hours at the gym. But with having a 2 year old who's bed time is 8 PM, I jsut simply don't have the time. But we have a very nice treadmill that I walk on and do some free weights/squats/crunches.
i'm glad you have a treadmill to turn to! anything is better than nothing, you know? tomorrow i'm planning to get up at 5 a.m. and join a group of girls from my gym for a run. i'm really not a morning person, so wish me luck...

and hey, you're right--where is lori??
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #41  
Lynn

I can relate to not wanting to exercise. Like tonight I felt so tired but I actually chose to exercise and feel so much better that I burned 200 calories in 35 minutes!

Little edie, where do you live that you have a longhorn lol?

Leah, getting up at 5 AM ARE YOU NUTS?! There's no way I could do that with my 2 year old at home. It's good that you have friends that go with you and get you out of bed. I can't even imagine.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I HATE to exercise! I hate that I hate to exercise...I wish I was one of those "exercise is the best high ever" people. My entire program hasn't required any exercise on my part for weight loss, until recently. So I've dusted the treadmill off and have been getting on there to finish up this weight loss journey! Honestly, on this diet I've been so tired and felt so exhausted that I haven't had the energy after I get off of work. Anyone else felt this way?
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #43  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

I feel tired all the time but I don't think it's because of the diet. I think it's because of my 3 kids, 12 credits of university classes and 25 hours of working every week. Plus we have my husbands ex wife living here and she is a total slob and a lazy bum. It's enough to make anyone crazy. Vuz I am kind of a neat freak and I like my house to be clean and the laundry to be done. She doesn't work or go to school. She goes and drops Christopher at school and then goes to her mothers where she sleeps on the couch all day. GRRR!!!! Sorry just venting. My poor husband has been getting the brunt of my frustration lately.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 AM   #44  
Leah

Quote:
I can relate to not wanting to exercise. Like tonight I felt so tired but I actually chose to exercise and feel so much better that I burned 200 calories in 35 minutes!

Little edie, where do you live that you have a longhorn lol?

Leah, getting up at 5 AM ARE YOU NUTS?! There's no way I could do that with my 2 year old at home. It's good that you have friends that go with you and get you out of bed. I can't even imagine.
hee hee... i've been trying to join the morning group for a couple weeks now but this was my first successful attempt. 3 miles ran before i'd normally even be out of bed!! what a great feeling.

i have nothing but admiration for you, though, Lynn. i cannot even imagine how difficult it is to make time for yourself with a little person relying on you, and yet you've made yourself a priority and worked hard to get healthier for your little one. GO YOU!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #45  
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
hee hee... i've been trying to join the morning group for a couple weeks now but this was my first successful attempt. 3 miles ran before i'd normally even be out of bed!! what a great feeling.

i have nothing but admiration for you, though, Lynn. i cannot even imagine how difficult it is to make time for yourself with a little person relying on you, and yet you've made yourself a priority and worked hard to get healthier for your little one. GO YOU!
3 miles?! Wow go you!! I do 2 miles of walking/running in 30 min (only about 12 minutes running).

Well thank you leah. I'm really blessed with a great mild tempered (except for the occasional red-head rearing its ugly head) little boy. He is at such a fun age right now and he's just so stinking cute. I'm lucky that he goes to bed around 8 each night with no fuss and takes a 2 1/2-3 hour naps on the weekends. My husband also works 2 jobs so he's not home but 2 nights a week so unfortunately I do have some time for myself, which isn't a bad thing I must admit. So GO US and everyone one of us on this journey!!