After pregnancy weightloss

• Hi All...
    Anyone who has come back to Metabolic after a pregnancy? I know they have a plan for breastfeeding mothers but I am unsure what it is like compared to the regular plans (green menu/or 1200 cal maintenance menu). I have lost 30lbs on this and am now thinking of trying for our first child, but am anxious because I just lost the weight! I have been on maintenance for a couple of weeks now and am doing good so far, even though I would like to lose another 5lbs or so. Just want to plan ahead for some options to get rid of the weight after the baby.
    Anyone who has just stuck with their maintenance menu and upped the calories to make sure you are getting enough?
    Thanks!
  • I lost 90lbs before I had my son and thought about going on the breastfeeding plan during my pregnancy and afterward, but chose not to. Needless to say, I'm back now and losing the weight again.

But...the breastfeeding plan is different. It has dairy on it among other differences. It's gonna give much slower weight loss, but thats alright. I'd say ask your center about it and they should show it to you. its definately something to consider.

We'll be having another one (not right now, I wanna lose some before we try) and I'll for sure use the menus. I'm done with this gain a bunch buisness.

Good luck!! Just a note...once you've lost weight, you're much more fertile. I had several docs tell me that.

~Sam
  • Sam,
    Thanks for the info!! I appreciate it. All the best to you.
    Liz