Squash

• Hi everyone... got a veggie question. My DH is being so supportive and taking care of me on nights when I have to work late or go to the gym and has really enjoyed several of the recipies in the cookbook (and he's not even doing MRC!). But, last night he made something with butternut squash. I didn't see it anywhere on the food list so I didn't want to make him feel bad, but trying to stay OP is really important to me, so I ate a few bites, and noticed how rich and heavy it tasted (not the best description but can't think of a better one).

Does it matter WHAT kind of squash? I see we can have summer squash, yellow sqash, spahgetti squash.... If so, I'm having it again cuz it was gooood. I'm hoping it wasn't going to end up being a teaser. Any thoughts?

~Carla
  • CalorieKing lists the following for 1/2 cup or 3.5 oz, but this is just assuming it's baked. How did he cook it? Lots of people load them up with butter when cooking, so becareful

Nutrition Facts
    Calories 40
    Total Fat 0.1g
    Sat. Fat < 0.1g
    Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 4mg
    Total Carbs. 10.5g
    Dietary Fiber 1g
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 0.9g
    Calcium 41mg
    Potassium 284mg
  • No, you canNOT have butternut squash, or acorn squash, unitll i think week 4 of stabilization, and even then, only 2X a week. its a higher glycemic index food
  • [QUOTE=Mollewogg;2980971]CalorieKing lists the following for 1/2 cup or 3.5 oz, but this is just assuming it's baked. How did he cook it? Lots of people load them up with butter when cooking, so becareful

Mollewogg, he baked it without butter (sweeet man, knows what I can and can't have... so lucky to have his support).

Quote: No, you canNOT have butternut squash, or acorn squash, unitll i think week 4 of stabilization, and even then, only 2X a week. its a higher glycemic index food
    mkroyer, <<heavy sigh>> I knew it was tasting too good. Glad I only had a few bites. Oh well, more incentive to get to goal.

Thanks ladies!
  • I have never had this but I think I am going to give it a try. Spaghetti squash with cinnamon and a little bit of splenda...can we have splenda???? I hear it taste great when you bake this in the oven...with NO butter.
  • Quote: I have never had this but I think I am going to give it a try. Spaghetti squash with cinnamon and a little bit of splenda...can we have splenda???? I hear it taste great when you bake this in the oven...with NO butter.
    We can have splenda, just not the brown sugar splenda because it is part regular brown sugar.
  • You can have zucchini squash and spaggetti squash. Those are the only two I know of..

Ronnie