3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Favorite cookbook recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/184124-favorite-cookbook-recipes.html)

Hvnlymzic 10-24-2009 05:05 PM

For all of you hot drink drinkers (as the weather gets cooler)...i have this with breakfast every morning and sometimes again at night if it's a cool day.

Pg 203 - Oriental Tea
1pkg orange supplement
1tsp instant tea (unsweetened, decalf)
Dash of nutmeg & cinnamon (I use pumpkin pie spice)
8oz boiling water
1pkg artificial sweetener (I omit this)

I microwave a mug of water, add the tea and supplement, stir, then add the spices. YUM! No idea why they call it oriental tea...i've seen it called Holiday Cider and Spiced Tea from different hand outs from my center.

~Sam

Lori123321 10-25-2009 05:09 AM

I don't think this was in the cookbook but heard about it in my center. I am wanting to try this as the days get colder and Thanksgiving approaches.
Make a pot of apple cinnamon tea
add orange supplement to taste (not sure if you need more then one, put one in, taste and add another if needed)
spices and apple/orange slices
Fake hot apple cider! :stir:

porchmom84 10-25-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4FEwife (Post 2985197)
One of my favorite recipes is steamed cinnamon-sugar apples. It's not in the cookbook (that I know of) and I just thought of it one day. I take a granny smith apple, cut the seeds out, and slice it into thin slices, I throw the slices into my Pampered Chef microwave vegetable steamer with a bit of water, microwave it for 2-3 minutes, drain the water and then sprinkle the steamed apples with splenda and cinnamon. It is soooooo yummy!!! My kids l-o-v-e it also. :dizzy:

Thanks so much for sharing this today. I just had it with my lunch and it was easy and yummy. When you slice the apples so thin....it makes it seem like you're eating LOTS!....and with it warm....reminded me of apple pie....in a way...

rip 10-25-2009 04:46 PM

Tortilla soup recipe is awesome. Great comfort food for these cold days.

Pcherr001 10-25-2009 05:37 PM

I tried the broccoli chicken casserole (pg.98) and it had a really good flavor, but it was really watery, almost like a soup. Is it supose to be that way? I dont know, but it was still good.

noahsmama 10-25-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip (Post 2986424)
Tortilla soup recipe is awesome. Great comfort food for these cold days.

What page is that on out of curiosity? I tried the chicken and dumplings recipe and it didn't turn out like I thought it would.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pcherr001 (Post 2986474)
I tried the broccoli chicken casserole (pg.98) and it had a really good flavor, but it was really watery, almost like a soup. Is it supose to be that way? I dont know, but it was still good.

When I made it it was watery too and I cut down the amount of water that I mixed with my supplement and that seemed to help. I also use the yellow american cheese slices from the deli and to me that made a world of difference. yummy!

Pcherr001 10-26-2009 11:57 AM

I tried a pancake recipe that I found on the recipe forum and they were ok, not my buttermilk pancakes, but doable. I just dont like that almost all breakfast food calls for a creamy, is there anything you can use instead?

porchmom84 10-26-2009 07:11 PM

This isn't in the cookbook and was posted by someone else but is SO GOOD...wanted to include in this thread. Thanks Karen wherever you are!

Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
OK, New Recipe for all of you that is absolutely delicious... I got the idea from the ranch seasoning mix commercial I've seen a few times in the past week, decided to give it a try, it was a huge hit with family & I... here goes:

Ranch Chicken Fingers:

Ingredients:
16-20 Roasted Garlic Melba Toast Rounds
2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken brst
1 packet of ranch dressing mix/seasoning
2-3 tbsp of olive oil
cracked black pepper to taste
pam olive oil spray

Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour 2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil into a large glass casserole dish and set aside. Place Melba toast into food processor and grind until the consistency of bread crumbs (or crush in a baggy by hand until fine). Place into a mixing bowl, add packet of ranch dressing mix and several twists of freshly cracked black pepper then mix all together. Slice chicken into long strips. Place 1/4 of the chicken at a time into mixture and coat evenly then place into casserole dish until all chicken coated and in dish. Pour remaining melba toast mixture over chicken. Spray all chicken with pam olive oil cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake 10-15 minutes, uncover and increase oven temp to Broil and bake another 7-10 minutes until chicken is done and crispy.

Makes 8 - 4 oz servings
Accounts for 1 protein (4 oz.) and approx 1/2 bread serving

Incidental discovery:
Some of the melba toast was more coursely cut than the rest of the bread crumbs and when I poured it over the chicken, it settled to the bottom of the pan. When this came out of the oven it was absolutely divine and reminded me very much of a delicious stuffing, the melba toast had plumped up just like stuffing does when moisture is added. It was sooooooooo goood that I plan to attempt to make stuffing this way in the very near future and I will post that recipe when I've tried it. I bet this would be so wonderful with our Thanksgiving Turkey!
Karen, thank you this was a great alternative to my usual chicken dinner! Appreciate you sharing it with us!

Pcherr001 10-27-2009 01:13 AM

I tried the oriental tea, it is in the cookbook, and it was so good!!! It taste just like apple cider, I know its orange but its delicious!!

WANTING IT ALL 10-30-2009 12:18 AM

I will try the Bread Pudding in the morning sounds great. My favorite is the spinach and artichoke casserole page 146, yummy, only can have for lunch. My other favorite is the Turkey Lasagna page 126, the secret I have found to it not being watery is to make sure you cook all of the water out of ingredients when its all together in the pot. Both of these freeze great.

My favorite breakfeast is chicken salad with green peas. 2oz of shredded up chicken that you have cooked with one boiled egg, 2 teaspoons of mrc mayo and 1/4c of green peas and some salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste yummyyyyyyyyyyy. your starch is your peas. :carrot:

porchmom84 11-02-2009 07:33 PM

I had the Skillet Cabbage tonight page 97. It was pretty good. The main thing I noticed was that a serving size was 2 cups and it was really filling!

smiles123 11-04-2009 10:00 PM

I really like the vegi pizza, but don't know what page it's on... have it memorized at this point. :) ...I make my "crust" with spaghetti squash. Yummy!

It's especially useful as an item I can freeze and take for lunches throughout the week.

porchmom84 11-08-2009 01:23 PM

Page 39 Combination Soup--just made it for lunch and it's yummy!

porchmom84 11-22-2009 10:18 PM

page 39 combination soup....add 4 oz chicken to it. Wonderful!