Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #16  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

ooooooohhhhhhh great ideas!! I made it through the day on program (preconditioning so a little flexible in food and options) other than a small sliver of cake which luckily is completely gone...and a few months ago I went down from 14 shelves of food to just 4....so I don't have a lot of extra food lying around for temptations...so that should help...I do best at work...home's my downfall so I'm setting the scene for success!! once I get onto Green I'll try a vanilla pudding caffine free coffee cinamon nutmeg concoction...sounds divine!!
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/132/130

Height: 5'3

For the sweet cravings Chromium Picolnate (sp?) has really helped me!! I get the late afternoon urge for a sweet snack and so I make sure to take one about 3pm or so. I have purchased it from my center and it is very inexpensive. You could also find it at your local vitamin/supplements store.
Lizg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #18  
Shelby

very good idea...sweets get me everytime...this time I'm trying to go drug free though...I think I can do it....I broke off a piece of a candy bar today...then put it back without eating it...I opened the candy bar about 2 weeks ago now...it breaks into 5 pieces and I've only ate 1 piece...and it's only about 5 feet from me at work 45 hours a week...so a good defeat on my part...

today is day one yellow...and guess what ladies...completely on program....

I had the most delicious dinner...MRC sent an email last week with Buffalo Chicken Bits...soooooooo yummmmm!!! I did chicken coated in Franks Buffalo Red Hot and Digonnaise...they have you coat it in melba but I left that part out...then I mixed up 2 cups of low fat cottage cheese and 4 oz water with one packet of ranch dressing mix....I measured out 4 oz of chicken took out one chicken bit and then put an equal sized spoonfull of 'ranch dressing' on my buffalo chicken bites....I'm sure it's a little higher sodium than MRC likes but it's their recipe not mine so I rolled with it....sooooooo sooooooo yummmy.....

ok so 1 day down....59 more to go!! Nice!!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #19  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Yeah! One day at a time! Love the recipe, I'll have to try it. The last container of Cottage Cheese I bought, I put it all in the blender and blended it smooth and put it back in its container. Made it so much nicer for everything I used it for - my hard boiled egg, cottage cheese and dijonaise (egg salad basically) breakfast that I have 2 or 3 times a week, the salad dressing with dry ranch, pretty much everything I do with the cottage cheese, I want it smooth, not the lumpy curds.

Congratulations again. Sounds like you have gotten the sweet-craving out of your system. That should help with the to stop you when out of 'old habits', you go to reach for something sweet - you know how difficult it is and how long it takes to get that craving out of your system again - so don't let it in!
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:25 PM   #20  
Shelby

Ha yeah!! I could easily completely gorge right now...but i'm going to be a good girl and have my op lunch...ranch dressing made with cottage cheese...salad and an oz of hard cheese...I find I eat because I want to way more than I need to....but I'm already seeing changes in my body soooooo that's a bonus...today will be day 2 sweet free...

I'm trying to do minimum supplements (2 a day) and pill free....we'll see how that goes...last time I was taking way too many pills.....was a little nutso....I had a huge pill case...so I'm going to take a different approach this time and see if I do better...

I took my daughter to ballet class today...now time to clean the house and stay busy...

Have a good one Jeannette!
PS Beth couldn't believe I have a picture of her.....she didn't remember you taking it...too funny!!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/148/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingagain22 View Post
very good idea...sweets get me everytime...this time I'm trying to go drug free though...I think I can do it....I broke off a piece of a candy bar today...then put it back without eating it...I opened the candy bar about 2 weeks ago now...it breaks into 5 pieces and I've only ate 1 piece...and it's only about 5 feet from me at work 45 hours a week...so a good defeat on my part...

today is day one yellow...and guess what ladies...completely on program....

I had the most delicious dinner...MRC sent an email last week with Buffalo Chicken Bits...soooooooo yummmmm!!! I did chicken coated in Franks Buffalo Red Hot and Digonnaise...they have you coat it in melba but I left that part out...then I mixed up 2 cups of low fat cottage cheese and 4 oz water with one packet of ranch dressing mix....I measured out 4 oz of chicken took out one chicken bit and then put an equal sized spoonfull of 'ranch dressing' on my buffalo chicken bites....I'm sure it's a little higher sodium than MRC likes but it's their recipe not mine so I rolled with it....sooooooo sooooooo yummmy.....

ok so 1 day down....59 more to go!! Nice!!
You're doing great! Hey--what the heck is dijonaise--I've seen it in a few recipes and have NO CLUE.
porchmom84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #22  
Shelby

I just use Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard...1 tsp has 5 cals vs yellow mustard at 1 tsp 0 cals...but it's close enough for me...

Today is day 2 yellow....so far so good....I just can't wait until dinner...wish I was having a brownie for dessert...darn....8 days until pudding!! delightful!!
Old 10-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #23  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchmom84 View Post
You're doing great! Hey--what the heck is dijonaise--I've seen it in a few recipes and have NO CLUE.
Dijonnaise is a Hellmann's product with 5 calories per 1 tsp. 70 mg sodium. Find it with the mayonnaise or mustard in the grocery store. Basically a creamu Dijon Mustard but I find it too spicy so I mix it half and half with MRC mayo and use it with a hard boiled egg and cottage cheese to make a kind of egg salad for breakfast (or lunch occassionally). I also use it with salad greens and a can of drained tuna for a lunch salad. I need lots of tomatoes and cucumbers to make it juice enough though.

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:41 AM   #24  
Shelby

Well said Jeanette...believe it or not my grocery store actually doesn't carry dijonaise so that's how I settled with Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard...we just got a Walmart in town about a year ago and the selection in our old grocery store kind of had to back down due to the competition...hard to keep up with a Walmart I would suppose...But then again grocery selection at our super walmart is super slim...