3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   lunch? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/182549-lunch.html)

Michelle86 09-24-2009 12:14 PM

lunch?

Hello chickies! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to eat for lunch on the diet if you didn't have time to make lunch at home? Like a salad at mcdonalds with their fruit and walnut salad for your fruit? Or salad at subway? I'm just getting tired of the same thing and we have a ton of fast food resturaunts here and there are times when I can't make my lunch..

E4FEwife 09-24-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle86 (Post 2941259)
Hello chickies! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to eat for lunch on the diet if you didn't have time to make lunch at home? Like a salad at mcdonalds with their fruit and walnut salad for your fruit? Or salad at subway? I'm just getting tired of the same thing and we have a ton of fast food resturaunts here and there are times when I can't make my lunch..

Totally...at any of the locations grab a salad, no dressing and an extra grilled chicken breast. Subway is most likely the easiest place though. They have scales that they weigh everything with anyway. Just ask them to weigh out 8 oz of veggies and 4 oz of chicken.

beerab 09-24-2009 12:36 PM

Do you have an el pollo loco in the area? I LOVE their mexican cesar salad (not the bowl, the large salad)- I get it without dressing and use the salsa for dressing then I get grilled chicken on the side- usually 2 legs since they are only $1 per leg.

Michelle86 09-24-2009 01:12 PM

No el Pollo loco here :( I wish we had any el Pollo resturaunts lol

What do you put as dressing on your subway salad? I'm not much of a plain lettuce person.. Needs some flavor! And I've never been much of a veggie fan.. Always would be just meat and lettuce for my salad lol.. In my area, we have subway, mcdonalds, some Mexican resturaunt, a seafood resturaunt, substation, wendys, chik fil a, zaxbys, and mom and pop type resturaunts.. Oh and we have a publix and some Chinese places..

Joy2MeNu 09-24-2009 01:22 PM

Your MRC should be able to supply you with a sheet that makes suggestions as to places you can eat out and stay on plan, including Subway and others. They provided it to me when I joined. I almost daily have the Subway Chicken Breast Salad and ask for the packets of vinegar and oil. I also like the Hellman's dijonnaise on my salad too for extra flavor. Sounds like your center needs to provide you with the preliminary paperwork.

Michelle86 09-24-2009 01:32 PM

I haven't been too happy with my center.. I weigh in every Saturday and it always feel so rushed.. When I went to my food instruction course it was only me and 1 other person so I don't think they really took their time to cover it all..when I hit my plateau they were like well we'll just see how you do next week and measure your BMI next week if you aren't losing anything..

Joy2MeNu 09-24-2009 02:35 PM

This is unfortunate, because for what they charge, you should get top of the line encorcement, info, accountability, and time. Ours here in W. Lafayette IN has been great. We weigh in 2 times a week as part of our agreement. I would have thought all centers would run on the same set of expectations, but it isn't sounding that way. Looks like you are doing well with your loss though, inspite the lack of help. They did give you a copy of the menu to guide you didn't they? -- along with PROTOCOL AND GUIDELINES which includes info on spices and flavorings, RESTAURANT GUIDE, helpful hints, and food diary pages.

Michelle86 09-24-2009 02:51 PM

They want me to weigh in twice a week but I can't because the distance is too far for me so I go every Saturday. By the time I get off work during the week and get down there, they would be closed. But they did give me some papers at my food instruction class and I remember looking it over but haven't really looked at them recently but I remember there really wasn't a good selection to choose from for food.. I do have my food sheet.. I think it just all depends who I deal with there..the lady who signed me up was great and very informative.. But ever since she signed me up, that's the last time I dealt with her.. This other lady I've been dealing with when I go in isn't so great and I get the impression she just looks down on me.. This last Saturday though I went in and I was dealing with another girl, and she was new and I'm not too sure about her either..

Joy2MeNu 09-24-2009 03:04 PM

Well, it is just human nature that we click with some better than others. I know that so far I have really enjoyed all the folks at my center, except for just one. She just isn't as personable. It is like she is working very hard to just be THE PROFESSIONAL, but when you are dealing with people and their body images, it seems important to just be a real person with the clients. Anyway, hang in -- your resolve to win will be your victory, so just keep focussed. Perhaps you can find the reinforcement and encouragement you need by way of this site.

abmrc 09-24-2009 04:35 PM

Lunch

Salad from Mcdonalds, Wendy's, and Arbys seem to have both the fruit and the protein that most need. I would stick with those

porchmom84 10-03-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle86 (Post 2941259)

Got these from my Center, hope it helps.
Applebees or bar and grill type places. When ordering salad be specific abut what vegetables you want. Grilled meats can be ordered with steamed vegetables, no butter and no oil. examples: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad: no dressing, croutons or cheese, add tomatoes and cucumbers if you'd like.
Garlic Herb Salmon: no garlic herb butter and choose seasonal vegables as side.
Grilled sirloil: ask for your sirloin to be dry grilled (no butter) with side of steamed veggies.

Olive Garden...eg. Venetian Apricot Chicken: no sauce, with steamed broccoli, no butter (no breadsticks).
Olive Garden's salad is great: omit the onions, olives, croutons adn salad dressing. Add grilled chicken or salmon on the side for a great meal.

Outback Steakhouse...eg. Joey's special: the sirloin from the kids' menu is perfect. Order with a side of steamed veggies and bring your melba toast.
Royal Port Tilapia: served with seasonal veggies. Request your entree with no creole sauce, cooked without butter or oil.

Red Lobster....eg. grilled fish of the day served with sreamed veggies. They also have a lighthouse menu full of grilled seafood items with vegggies.

Mexican....eg...grilled chicken salad: add extra tomatoes, leave off anything not on program. At dinner, add black beans.

Asian....ask directly for steamed chicken or shrimp with steamed veggies. Ask for no sauce and no rice.

Indian...Tandori chicken, fish, shrimp or lamb and ask for steamed veggies instead of rice.

Fast Food:
Burger King--Grilled chicken garden salad, no carrots. Bring your dressing. Ask for 2 orders of apple "fries" at lunch for your fruit serving.
Capt. D's--Grilled tilapia, salmon or skewered shrimp. Comes with 2 sides--select broccoli or double side salad. No rice or breadsticks.
Subway--oven roasted chicken or turkey salad. Add any program veggies you enjoy and sprinkle with oregano and pepper. Top with slash of oil adn vinegar (as much as you like), or bring own dressing. Ask for side of sliced apples at lunch.
Chick-fil-A--Chargrilled Chicken Garden Salad. Remove the carrots. Don't use any condomints offered. At lunch, order medium fruit cup and don't eat the grapes. Half packet of light italian dressing or bring your own dressing.

GWE140 10-06-2009 10:40 PM

Blueberry Muffins

Just attended a class at my center based on the MRC cookbook and tricks...they provide us with an alternative for lunch that I can't wait to try and wanted to share...I think on the Meta-Slim it is allowed only 2x week because of substituting eggs for the protein at lunch, I will have to check this...here it is...

Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup blueberries
2 eggs (beaten)
1 package Vanilla Cream Pudding

Mix together eggs and pudding until smooth, fold in blueberries, pour into a muffin pan and cook on 350 degrees or until top is light brown...cool and enjoy.

Replaces: Protein, fruit and a creamy supplement. To be eaten at lunch!