Deja vu and it's not good

• Five years ago I was on a diet and could not get below 169lbs. I was on a three week plateau and didn't know then that plateaus were a necessary part of weight loss and gave up. Of course then I gained even more weight.

I feel like if I can get to 168 it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way. But now I'm afraid I have this mental block that will prevent me from losing any more weight.

I'm stayin OP but the scale is not moving again. I'm going to WI on Thursday and I'll feel better if I've lost more inches.

I know the program works but I'm starting to think I may be the exception.
  • There are lots of people on here who will tell you that sticking with your plan during a plateau WILL get the scale moving, it just takes its sweet little time. I hope you can find the strength to stick with it and keep plodding along until you start to see a drop. Dont give up! You can do it if you want it bad enough. Dont give up, please!
  • do you exercise much? i can't remember what you've said in the past. maybe some increased exercise would help?
  • little eddie
    i met this amazing lady at WI last week n she was telling me abt her 130 pound weight loss - how she had been struggling with weight issues since childhood - she literally had tears in her eyes when she talked abt how difficult every small hurdle was 2 her- but she made it against all odds. What i mean 2 say is that although there may be a comfortable weight ur body would like 2 stick on too - it wont last for ever. Im so sure that when ur plateau breaks u'l see a significant pound loss. I do really hope that u see some inch loss when u WI this thursday - that'l help motivate you. Like leah mentioned u can try 2 amp up ur exercise bit? that'l help plus i feel its a great mood booster too - when I'm working up that sweat I feel like a part of my doubts/negative thoughts abt this weight loss have melted away too .. do keep us posted abt ur WI results on thursday , ok? we're rooting 4 u !
  • Have you tried increasing your Water. I had a long plateau and it finally ended when I added ANOTHER 32 ounces to my daily intake. Worth a shot. Good luck!

Sara
  • Keep on plan and don't give up. It took me about 6 weeks to get thru the 150s and it was really difficult and depressing, but then the 140s went by in a whoosh, so I was rewarded in the end. I know the same will happen to you! Just don't give up!!
  • Sometimes it just takes looking back to the weight gain for me...it happened over 8 years and I truly can not expect to lose it all in 4 to 5 months! I hit plateaus every 10 pounds and hang on for 2 to 3 weeks without a loss, then I will drop 4 -5 pounds the very next week and continue until I hit near the next 10 pound loss and stay there for awhile...hang in there.
  • Quote: Five years ago I was on a diet and could not get below 169lbs. I was on a three week plateau and didn't know then that plateaus were a necessary part of weight loss and gave up. Of course then I gained even more weight.

I feel like if I can get to 168 it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way. But now I'm afraid I have this mental block that will prevent me from losing any more weight.

I'm stayin OP but the scale is not moving again. I'm going to WI on Thursday and I'll feel better if I've lost more inches.

I know the program works but I'm starting to think I may be the exception.

Edie....I'm at a weight where I always seem to plateau, too (don't know if I will this week b/c this is my first attempt at MRC) but it's that "fat between our ears" that we need to get rid of!!

You can do this! Hang in there. And, please, keep us posted about your weigh in so we can be there for you. We all got your back
  • Thank you all for listening and responding to me.

I'll stay OP. If nothing else it makes me feel healthy to eat this way so I don't see myself binging or anything.

I've been riding my bike lately so that should help.

I drink between 100 and 130 oz. of water a day. Anymore than that and I'm up every two hours in the bathroom. In fact I'm wondering if part of my problem is not enough sleep--I just nap a couple times a day and I don't think I'm giving my body time to reboot itself.

We'll see what happens.
  • Quote: Thank you all for listening and responding to me.

I'll stay OP. If nothing else it makes me feel healthy to eat this way so I don't see myself binging or anything.

I've been riding my bike lately so that should help.

I drink between 100 and 130 oz. of water a day. Anymore than that and I'm up every two hours in the bathroom. In fact I'm wondering if part of my problem is not enough sleep--I just nap a couple times a day and I don't think I'm giving my body time to reboot itself.

We'll see what happens.
    Stay strong fellow vampire . I know if I don't sleep well, I have trouble with the weight loss. But when I get to sleep during my recovery day and then that night. I see a good drop soon after. Then there is every 10 pound hold out where I gain and lose the same pound and a half before signing a board! Also, didn't you mention some hormonal trouble? Could these things combined be causing your loss to slow?
    Let us know how WI goes! You can always sign up for bellydancing classes with me!