3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Rash on Face?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/181356-rash-face.html)

shopgirl 09-08-2009 11:08 PM

Rash on Face??

Hey,
I thought I'd ask everyone if they've ever experienced a facial rash from any of the supplements? I've been on this diet since Aug 25th (that's when I started preconditioning but I also started using some supplements at that time, too). The only thing I've added has been Guggul and B6. I'm wondering if it's the B6....I need to do some research but I thought way back in the cobwebbs of my brain, I recalled a correlation b/w B6 and rashes.....
Anyhow, if anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know! I'm going to call the center tomorrow and ask some of the Pediatricians I work with if they have any ideas....hmm. Thanks!! :dizzy:

Jennifer 3FC 09-08-2009 11:43 PM

You can get a rash from B-6. You should stop taking it until you can talk to a doctor. Rashes may be a mild form of a more severe reaction, which could lead to hives, swelling of the throat, etc. I don't mean to scare you - it could just 'be a rash'. But you should check. :)

GWE140 09-09-2009 10:43 AM

A light just came on for me when you mentioned a rash on your face:flow1:...I have had a rash on my face since starting the program back in Feb. and I take two B-6 daily one in the morning and one in the evening...finally I went to my dermatologist who diagnosed rosacea...now thinking back to the 6 weeks I was off program as I traveled overseas, I did not take the B-6 and did not have any rash on my face! I will immediately stop taking the B-6 and see if I have any improvements...This will be so great if it is actually a reaction to the B-6 and not rosacea...I hate putting on the antibiotic cream...plus it is very expensive.:flow1:

GWE140 09-09-2009 11:46 AM

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb6.asp

Above is an interesting site providing valuable information on using B-6 with a low-cal diet.

shopgirl 09-09-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC (Post 2916387)
You can get a rash from B-6. You should stop taking it until you can talk to a doctor. Rashes may be a mild form of a more severe reaction, which could lead to hives, swelling of the throat, etc. I don't mean to scare you - it could just 'be a rash'. But you should check. :)

Hey, Jennifer---you didn't scare me, I promise! (I'm a Pediatric RN). I had a hunch that it was the B6 but nursing school was 9 yrs ago and I was trying to remember! LOL! THanks for the info. I'm gonna lay off the B6. I take ADWL and MRC 6 so I think I'm good w/the amt of B6 I was getting in just those supps. If it persists w/removing my a.m. dose, I'll be thrilled...don't wanna stop the other 2 I take.

Thx ladies!! :D

shopgirl 09-09-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWE140 (Post 2916968)
A light just came on for me when you mentioned a rash on your face:flow1:...I have had a rash on my face since starting the program back in Feb. and I take two B-6 daily one in the morning and one in the evening...finally I went to my dermatologist who diagnosed rosacea...now thinking back to the 6 weeks I was off program as I traveled overseas, I did not take the B-6 and did not have any rash on my face! I will immediately stop taking the B-6 and see if I have any improvements...This will be so great if it is actually a reaction to the B-6 and not rosacea...I hate putting on the antibiotic cream...plus it is very expensive.:flow1:

Oh, good! I'm glad there's a chance it's not rosacea! Yippee! Let me know what happens when you stop the B 6 for a while!

mountain gal 09-10-2009 12:42 AM

shopgirl .. howz it going?? rocking the green menu ?? :p

im liking the variety after 10 days of restriction .. just finished making the cheesecake (2 have 4 breakfast ) :drool: therz so much water in there i think :p i hope it comes out alrite - ive been fantasizing abt this since my yellow menu days :P

has any1 tried the tomato supplement chips (where u just make a paste n bake it) ohh my im getting carried away with all the recipes n food ..

Lori123321 09-10-2009 06:00 AM

Did a google search and this website said that people could get a rash with B6 and going out into the sun. Hope this helps, with working nights I don't go out into the sun much.

http://www.innvista.com/health/nutri...itamins/b6.htm

shopgirl 09-10-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountain gal (Post 2918452)
shopgirl .. howz it going?? rocking the green menu ?? :p

im liking the variety after 10 days of restriction .. just finished making the cheesecake (2 have 4 breakfast ) :drool: therz so much water in there i think :p i hope it comes out alrite - ive been fantasizing abt this since my yellow menu days :P

has any1 tried the tomato supplement chips (where u just make a paste n bake it) ohh my im getting carried away with all the recipes n food ..

Hey, friend! I've been wondering about you! I have had a great week on the green menu! I thought about you and knew somewhere out there, someone (you) was trying the green menu for the 1st time, too! LOL! I had eggs and oatmeal my 1st day and it tasted like heaven!

It's my TOM and my scale has not budged at all! This a.m. I was up 0.6 and I'm trying soooo hard to not let that get in the way but since I'm not exactly "rational" right now, LOL, I am so sad that I'm gonna weigh in on Saturday and see no change or a gain---I'd be much better with a "no change". Sigh. It is what it is.

Glad you checked in Mountain Gal. Oh, and I plan on getting the tomato supplement b/c I so wanna try that mock spaghetti!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmm Mmmmm!

misswings 09-14-2009 10:41 PM

Hello All,
New here also, and my rosacea has flared up...
did 2 weeks condition, and started Friday the 11th with the menu...
For me, i just think it is nervousness about doing well on this MRC plan...

GWE140 09-21-2009 08:10 PM

Just a quick update to all...I stopped taking the B-6 two weeks ago and YES my so called rosacea has gone away completely...??? Well I am not sure if there is a connection...but hey...it is so much better not having to pay $64.00 for a face cream. So I am not sure if it was a rash caused by too much B-6 or true rosacea... too much of a coincident.

shopgirl 09-21-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWE140 (Post 2936695)
Just a quick update to all...I stopped taking the B-6 two weeks ago and YES my so called rosacea has gone away completely...??? Well I am not sure if there is a connection...but hey...it is so much better not having to pay $64.00 for a face cream. So I am not sure if it was a rash caused by too much B-6 or true rosacea... too much of a coincident.

I'm a nurse and every doctor I work with, I asked about the B6 (b/c everything I found on line indicated a link) and they all confirmed it. HUGE quantities are in the MRC 6, one of the bottles of ADWL and also in the Multi! No wonder I was getting a rash! It's gone since I stopped taking the B6. I don't think it's a coincidence. Called your rosacea is gone :)

GWE140 09-22-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopgirl (Post 2936717)
I'm a nurse and every doctor I work with, I asked about the B6 (b/c everything I found on line indicated a link) and they all confirmed it. HUGE quantities are in the MRC 6, one of the bottles of ADWL and also in the Multi! No wonder I was getting a rash! It's gone since I stopped taking the B6. I don't think it's a coincidence. Called your rosacea is gone :)

Shopgirl...if only I knew! I would have saved more $$$$ not having to purchase the face cream...and imagine if I agreed to start on an oral treatment for the Rosacea - I refused because I did not want to digest anymore PILLS! Thinking about it I was taking MRC 6, multi-vit and B6 2x daily...way too much B6...isn't it great having the knowledge and experience to share here on 3FCs...what a huge help, and it just confirms my thoughts...

shopgirl 09-22-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWE140 (Post 2937635)
Shopgirl...if only I knew! I would have saved more $$$$ not having to purchase the face cream...and imagine if I agreed to start on an oral treatment for the Rosacea - I refused because I did not want to digest anymore PILLS! Thinking about it I was taking MRC 6, multi-vit and B6 2x daily...way too much B6...isn't it great having the knowledge and experience to share here on 3FCs...what a huge help, and it just confirms my thoughts...

Good! I'm so glad it's getting better. I LOVE this forum......so much wonderful info!

GWE140 12-06-2009 06:06 PM

Bump

Bump