Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #1  

Default Getting sick of the food

OK so I am doing OK with the weightloss but I am getting seriously sick of the food. I just want to eat something fun once. I know I am whining but what do you do when you get to this phase?
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I was on Medifast and lost 45# in about 3 months. Is all you got was 5 of their medifast meals which consist of pudding or soup or a shake like drink or a bar. Once a day you got a small portion of protein and 3 small servings of veggies. I about starved to death and hence once I got off the program I gain all and then some back. I am thankful to get any real food on this program. That is kind of why I joined MRC. This seems way more reasonable than Medifast to me..
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #3  

do you have the cook book? if you dont i can share some of the recipes in there. they are really good for mixing it up!
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 03:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

I would love some recipes. I'm getting tired of the food as well.
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

im so glad someone brang this up! i had a bit of a breakdown today im just so tired of eating the same thing everyday!!! i went to weight in yesterday and only lost .5 ugh!!! i know it was only 2 day from the last time i weighed in but then my consultant told me that i should have lost more and then told me to come back on tuesday and i should loose 4 to 5 pounds! sometimes i just want to give up! i know this is only my 4th week and i have finally got on my main menu but i dont know what im gonna do until december ( thats my goal weight date!) so for being such a baby just needed to vent a little.....
alisanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #6  

OMG lol i love it because of all the food i get to eat. been on it for a month though.

the spaghetti squash is the best! i do not like squash or any veggie like that BUT i tried it and i am in love!

it actually works out better for me to have certain foods to choose from, if i am given too much free reign lol i get into trouble.

Google MRC recipes, try new foods from your list.

the mock spaghetti is to die for and i was really craving it so i made it yesterday REALLY simple.

for my sweet tooth i took some cottage cheese, drained it really well. put it in a blender added a tsp of water at a time till it was creamy, then added a wildberry conentrate and i had something almost the consistency of pudding. it was really sweet and really good.

another good recipe i have found is chicken green bean mushroom ranch.

you cook your chicken breast in your oil, cut it up, cook it well, add your green beans, and fresh chopped mushrooms, and then 1 serving of DRY ranch mix. IT WAS AMAZING i ate it for 3 days it was so good, but i love ranch.

there is a dip that uses the creamy chicken and cottage cheese you can eat that with your veggies and have veggies and dip and feel "normal" lol

do the same thing i said with the sweet, drain your cottage cheese put in a blender add tsp of water at a time, then add the creamy chicken.

LOL ok well i will stop now, but i have gotten really creative. so if you want some ideas i am sure that all the ladies on here can help!

DONT GIVE UP! reaffirm your goals. remember why you want to do this! the dress the christmas party, whatever your driving force was for wanting to this in the first place!

just get creative.
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I was on Medifast and lost 45# in about 3 months. Is all you got was 5 of their medifast meals which consist of pudding or soup or a shake like drink or a bar. Once a day you got a small portion of protein and 3 small servings of veggies. I about starved to death and hence once I got off the program I gain all and then some back. I am thankful to get any real food on this program. That is kind of why I joined MRC. This seems way more reasonable than Medifast to me..
On another post you were asking about bison (buffalo). I get mine at Fred Meyer. they have fresh or frozen patties. It is my favorite. Some times they have specials with steaks and roasts. Hope you can find some.
Went to WI and lost 1.5 seems like that is all I lose per week. Getting there one day at a time though. It is all worth while.
storment7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by storment7 View Post
On another post you were asking about bison (buffalo). I get mine at Fred Meyer. they have fresh or frozen patties. It is my favorite. Some times they have specials with steaks and roasts. Hope you can find some.
Went to WI and lost 1.5 seems like that is all I lose per week. Getting there one day at a time though. It is all worth while.
Now that you mention it, I do remember seeing buffalo at Freds. I don't shop there but I will go there just for that.. I don't eat ground meat except for turkey burger so this would be a nice change.. Thanks for the info! Don't worry about the weight loss being 1.5. You are moving in the right direction and you may be losing inches as well. Hang in there and keep up the good work! It will be worth it..

Cheers

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/205/185

Height: 5'10"

Recondition the mind of what is fun because you know what is good. I am suffering the same problem. (use the force) Eat for nutrition not for pleasure. Easier said than done. Good Luck.
geobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

There is a site that has literally hundreds of recipes that are OP. Go to www.mrcrecipes.blogspot.com. Some of the recipes are from the cookbook, but I believe a majority are from some very creative MRC clients.

Good luck!
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote