Honey a no-no?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm trying to cut out the bread and melba toast, so I bought some oatmeal. I've never had stove top plain oatmeal. It's so - PLAIN!!

As it's Sunday my MRC office is closed. Can I use honey?? I'm thinking no, but I'm hoping!
  • I've never used it, but I don't believe so.
  • Quote: I'm trying to cut out the bread and melba toast, so I bought some oatmeal. I've never had stove top plain oatmeal. It's so - PLAIN!!

As it's Sunday my MRC office is closed. Can I use honey?? I'm thinking no, but I'm hoping!
    Mix in some splenda or sugar free syrup
  • What's wrong with honey??
  • Quote: What's wrong with honey??
    1 tablespoon of honey contains about 64 cal., 17 carbs and 17 sugars.....basically it is all sugar which needs to be limited...I would choose something else like splenda or the SF syrup if I were you, Sorry
  • I just had my 1/4 cup of oatmeal at dinner and I put Splenda and a dash of cinnamon in it. WOW, it was good!! Was like a dessert! Thanks for the replies!
  • But if it's figured into your diet properly.. isn't it better to have something natural made rather than made by man? I guess I'm trying to go the healthy but natural route than anything...
  • If you have any concentrate HNS it works well, the mixed berry is really sweet to me, almost too sweet, so i put it in my oatmeal.
  • Quote: If you have any concentrate HNS it works well, the mixed berry is really sweet to me, almost too sweet, so i put it in my oatmeal.
    You put the HNS concentrate in your oatmeal? Really? I would have never thought of that, but I'm going to try it! Thanks for the idea!
  • Oooo that's a good idea!
  • on the topic of sweet things... where does watermelon fit in? is it allowed for our fruit on the green menu? i seem to have misplaced my menu :S
  • Quote: on the topic of sweet things... where does watermelon fit in? is it allowed for our fruit on the green menu? i seem to have misplaced my menu :S
    Yes..1 cup at lunch.
  • OH awesome! my mom bought some amazing seedless watermelon at the farmer's market and i was really worried that i wouldn't be able to enjoy any. what a treat!
  • Quote: OH awesome! my mom bought some amazing seedless watermelon at the farmer's market and i was really worried that i wouldn't be able to enjoy any. what a treat!
    It IS great! And 1 cup is a LOT! Really a nice treat, glad you found out you can have it! Enjoy!
  • now see I can't get enough watermelon..especially when it's GOOD! So sometimes 1 cup isn't enough for me