Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #1  

Default Do I have to eat everything?

Okay, I'm on the mail order plan and my counselor hasn't checked up on me since I signed up over a month ago. I am taking the total woman supplement, and the fish oil and of course the high nutrient supplement. I take my own other supplements. I wasn't losing weight (I kept cheating), so I re-started the preconditioning plan and am now on the yellow sheet (days 1-4). I still haven't lost any weight.
I have two questions:
do I have to eat everything on the plan, or can I skip something? For instance, I'm not really large breakfasts, so this morning I skipped the toast and half the orange and just had my supplement and the cheese. Is this okay?
Second question is, does anybody drink caffine on this plan? I'm having an extremely difficult time not drinking coffee in the morning.
Thanks so much for your input. I don't seem to be connecting with my counselor, so I'm grateful for this forum.
RisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

you MUST eat EVERYTHING on the plan!! it is such a low calorie plan that you REALLY do need everything you are supposed to eat...Not to mention the way the program is designed, is that you are consuming a very specific, strict ratio of proteins to carbs to fats at every meal.....so if you skip the toast and half orange, you arent getting that "ideal" balance that makes the program work (besides the fact that you arent getting enough calories).... If you dont get enough calories, your body will go into starvation mode, and you wont be able to lose any weight, or what weight you DO lose will be lean muscle mass, and not fat!! As far as the caffiene goes, you are NOT supposed to drink any on the plan....i guess one reason is because the womans all day weight loss they have us on contains caffiene (asumming you are on it also), and it supposedly "tricks" your body into thinking it has energy, so it wont use your fat for energy, or some such nonsense (can you tell i dont buy that? ) Basically, it is like this (remember, we are ALL different) i have continued to drink coffee on this diet and have had phenominal results. I wake up to run at 3 :30 am every morning, and there is no way i am NOT going to have my cup of coffee at that time...I am persoanlly however, not at all sensitive to caffien or its effects as a stimulant ( i am a recovering meth addict) so the counselers have allowed me to keep my morning coffee. This doesnt mean i go around drinking coffee all day, but i still have that morning cup. The MRC program, however HIGHLY discourages it, because taking in too much caffiene can be dangerous (especially if you have high blood pressure?) and ciounterproductive to your weightloss.
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I would get into the habit of eating breakfast- I was a person who didn't eat breakfast in the mornings and at first eating breakfast bothered me- but now if I don't eat something in the morning my stomach screams HELLO FOOD!!!

It jumpstarts your metabolism so I'd definitely eat it all
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:04 PM   #4  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

beerab--i am the exact OPPOSITE!! i am a HUGE breakfast eater, and this diet SUCKS for breakfast!!! I usualy eat TWICE what they have us eat for breakfast! I am always still hungry after breakfast on this plan... a piece of fruit or a yogurt or something woud be just perfect .... but i HAVE gotten used to it....cant wait till i can have a bowl of cereal agin though
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #5  
Love is like a butterfly

S/C/G: 162/131/120

Height: 4'11"

Hey, I found it quite frightful in the beginning to eat so little at breakfast the first day 1-4 but I got used to it. The 8 oz. salad at lunch was hard to get down - so I changed to 1/2 salad &1/2 cooked veg. that wasn't so bad. Now i'm on the green menu and I still find it hard eating all the food. I can understand how "RisaJ" feels as I have been there. Some times I just want to skip some of the food and I realize I want to loose the weight more than I want to loose the food. Ha - that's funny now that I think about it - not wanting to eat all the food on my plate. HEY -- it's working. Just for Today
ButterFly49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:40 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your comments!
RisaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #7  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterFly49 View Post
Hey, I found it quite frightful in the beginning to eat so little at breakfast the first day 1-4 but I got used to it. The 8 oz. salad at lunch was hard to get down - so I changed to 1/2 salad &1/2 cooked veg. that wasn't so bad. Now i'm on the green menu and I still find it hard eating all the food. I can understand how "RisaJ" feels as I have been there. Some times I just want to skip some of the food and I realize I want to loose the weight more than I want to loose the food. Ha - that's funny now that I think about it - not wanting to eat all the food on my plate. HEY -- it's working. Just for Today
Butterfly49, did you switch to half cooked and half salad on the yellow and blue menus? I am having a hardtime with all the salad at lunch on yellow.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I would get into the habit of eating breakfast- I was a person who didn't eat breakfast in the mornings and at first eating breakfast bothered me- but now if I don't eat something in the morning my stomach screams HELLO FOOD!!!

It jumpstarts your metabolism so I'd definitely eat it all

you are so right and i think it actually jumpstarts you!

i actually feel better now (used to never eat breakfast) i have more energy. i used to always be so tired that i would get up get the kids to school and HAVE to go back to bed for a couple of hours just to function! now i am raring to go all day!!

i have a hard time eating all the food too. but it helps me not to cheat.
Biloxibound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #9  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

you gals are crazy, i never have trouble eating all the food maybe that was my problem to begin with though, lol

i need help with my sweet tooth...
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i need help with my sweet tooth...
Girl, I would have surely shriveled up if I didn't have the HNS chocolate pudding option. Not sure where you are in your menus, but hold out until the blue menu and you're able to get the pudding!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #11  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i'm on the green and i know i can have the pudding but i like to have hot chocolate in the morning, which uses up my creamy for the day i wish we could have two or three creamies...
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroyer View Post
beerab--i am the exact OPPOSITE!! i am a HUGE breakfast eater, and this diet SUCKS for breakfast!!! I usualy eat TWICE what they have us eat for breakfast! I am always still hungry after breakfast on this plan... a piece of fruit or a yogurt or something woud be just perfect .... but i HAVE gotten used to it....cant wait till i can have a bowl of cereal agin though
Said well! I joined MRC last October and lost about 25 pounds and now have almost gained it all back.
I am so thankful I have all my plans and a huge stock of shakes etc AND NOT SO THANKFUL that I have had so many excuses. Time to get real and start back on plan and care about myself more. I am screaming out for encouragement as all my friends are truly skinny and have amazing metabolisms and eat whatever/whenever they want!!!
Spiritofsuccessnyc is offline   Reply With Quote