Old 09-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post

My plateau seems to be a complete weight loss stop. I'm eating OP, drinking my water, and expending the same energy I always have.

I did not join the gym as I intended last Thursday because I had to pay an unexpected orthodontist bill that my insurance rejected. So maybe next payday I can do this. In the meantime, I've added 30 minutes on the treadmill three times a week.

My unofficial weight at home is 176 lbs after waking up and not eating or drinking. And my jeans are not hanging as loose on my as they used to. I have only lost 6 pounds since the 4th of July. That's six pounds in eight weeks.

There is a chance that my gyne problems are what is affecting this, but since I can't change them now, I am stuck with them.

I will still stay OP until November 2nd, but after that I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My current weight is what I weighed from 2002-2008. But before that I was around 145 lbs so I know I CAN be thinner.

I am very disappointed. It's not as though I'm only ten pounds from goal and can't lose--I am twenty six pounds from goal.

I will stay committed to this diet but in all truthfullness, I don't expect any more loss.

Does this seem like a plateau to anyone else or does it seem permanent?
Hang in there Edie....I can so understand why you are discouraged...working so hard to stay on plan and have nothing to show for it these last few weeks is just disheartening. But please don't give up....we are all supporting you and I know some of us will soon be facing the same challenge you are now. Just know we are hear for you and if you need to scream, go ahead!!! We will hear you and lend a shoulder.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #17  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

little edie,
Have you considered or can you even use the new hormone cream that MRC is offering? I know very little about it and even less about your specific problems but often things come along at just the right time . . . you can't do what doctors are recommending for your problems, maybe something they would never think of could help. See if your center can get you a consultation with one of the MRC doctors / pharmacologists to see if that might help you. just a thought, jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote