1 t. sea salt
1 t. pepper
1/4 t. marjoram
2 packets splenda
1/8 t. red pepper, optional
1 pinch ground cloves
1/4 t. cumin
1/4 t. curry

Well, my appointment at the center was so-so. I didn't expect them to give me a 'magic answer.' I am trying their new Iodine supplement. It's fairly cheap ($18 for 2 months) as compared to $75 for the ADWL. She told me not to weigh every day and I even told myself not to this morning, but I just couldn't resist and again, no movement..stuck at 171. She did say that I may be exercising too much, but I really don't think I am. I might be right at or under the 4 hrs/week. So all in all, nothing new to report unfortunately. It's just mind blowing how the body works or doesn't sometimes.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

When I hit a plateau here is what I was told
Watch Bites, Lips and Tips when you are preparing food
Get your scale out and weigh everything like you are just starting again.
No hard cheese at all
No Meal Replacements at all
Max out on HNS (you're doing that)
Have fish for supper 2-3 times a week
No creamy HNS
Use egg whites instead of full eggs for breakfast
Drink all your water (not your problem)
and don't weigh yourself (very hard for me)
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

How about increasing the intensity of your exercise, not necessarily duration? If you've been walking only, can you jog some? Walk on a treadmill at an incline? Doing something to change up the exercise might help. I don't think reducing exercise is necessary. I do at least 4 hours a week and am up to jogging 3 miles + walk 1 mile twice a week outside (or jog 5 miles on the treadmill) and then I usually do 2 fairly intense step classes at the YMCA twice a week. Switching to more fish as previously suggested seems to help me. That seems to be the lowest calorie protein on the menu.

Also, it's expensive, but another option is switch to the Enhancer from ADWL. Some people can't use Enhancer due to health reasons. I switched a couple of months ago. I can't really say that it has improved my weight loss, but I haven't really plateaued either. And it's only 2 pills twice a day instead of 8 of ADWL. It's about $100 a bottle, so cost can be an issue. If my weight loss stalls it's always because I've eaten out at restaurants more often. Even making 'good' choices there seems to slow me down.

Good luck to you! I really hope this plateau doesn't last much longer for you!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 AM   #19  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for the suggestions. I haven't done ANY BLT's, believe it or not! So that's a good one. I don't eat cheese, so that's not a problem. I had been eating a bar maybe once a week and I ALWAYS weigh my food, almost obsessively I'll try and see if I can go without my creamies and see what that does. I'm really going to try and watch EVERY little thing until my WI on Saturday and see if that makes a difference at all. I might try going for a run this evening (providing that it's not too hot) or try my treadmill. I've always been intimidated by it and I don't know why. I guess I'd just rather be outside (but then I don't like the thought of people seeing me run lol).

I'll try tilapia tonight for dinner and tomorrow night. I haven't tried it on the girll yet. I usually bake/fry it with crushed up melba toast.

I might try the enhancer after this round of ADWL. I think I have about 2 weeks left on it. Of cousre I don't want to throw money out the window

THANK YOU! These helpful tips might just bust this second plateau...ya never know, right?! I was so hoping to hit the 50 pound mark by the end of the month but I know that's not going to happen at this point, but hey, 43 pounds is still awesome (I guess )
Old 08-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
As strange as it sounds try cutting down on your exercise for a week and then start back up again. Your calorie intake OP should be just enough to allow you to lose weight without exercise so you shouldn't gain weight. After a week start back up and that should give your body a jolt to start losing big again. Also, have them run the tanita to see if you are gaining muscle mass (which weighs more than fat) and losing fat, in which case that is another thing you want to see & do. It's not always what the scale says but what is going on inside your body.
This is great advice. You may be exercising more than they want you too, and you may be addding muscle weight.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Oh....you are SOOOOO Right....43 pounds is PHENOMENAL!!!! You are doing awesome and YOU are a ROCK STAR!!!!! Don't forget it! Don't get discouraged and your dreams will come true!!!!

How about inches? Do you measure yourself? Just do your waist and hips....then on Sat when you have lost weight you can look at the inches and see them move too! If you know what you were and take inches now I bet you will smile....even if the scale isn't moving your inches probably are!!!!
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

And now I'm on my own plateau. I only lost a pound and a half. I've decided to cut out the meal replacement bars and eat less hamburger than recommended.

How frustrating.

Oh, and get this girls: my puppy peed on my home scale so now I can't use it. I wander into the bathroom at times and look longingly at it, tap it with my foot a few times, then sadly wander off.

We've been through a lot together-that scale and me.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
but hey, 43 pounds is still awesome (I guess )
It's FANTASTIC, and don't forget it!

Another thought...do you use a heart rate monitor when you exercise? If not, you might try it. It really helps me keep pushing myself. I'm one of those who has to keep playing mind games with myself to keep exercising like I should. When I was first getting back into exercising, I could only jog a few minutes before my heart rate would hit the max. Then I'd stop to walk and let it drop, then jog again until it maxed, then walk, etc. It didn't take long before I was jogging longer and longer before I hit my heart rate max, and that's the kind of thing that keeps me inspired to keep pushing myself. Almost like the scale moving down motivates you to keep focused on the diet part, the improvement in exercise performance using a heart rate monitor keeps you pushing harder on the exercise part. At least that what works for me. Good luck! I hope Saturday brings you a good weight loss! If not, it won't be long until you see one.
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #24  
Lynn

Oh you ladies are so wonderful!! I don't know what I'd do without the support of this site, in addition to my center, but more importantly on here.

Jewelie, I have not measured myself. I'm due for my monthly stats at the center at the end of the month. I'll ask them to definitely run a tanita on me on saturday. I think my clothes are fitting a bit looser, not by much though.

succeed..that's a great idea! I do have a heart monitor 'ring' that my husband has been using on his runs. I will try that tonight. I never thought about that! Thank you

Edie, I know what you're going through...boy do i! I wish something would happen to my scale...lol but knowing me I'd prolly just go out and get another one! At least I've went down to weighing myself only in the mornings. I used to do it at night too. I was obsessing too much I know. I'm going to resolve right now not to weigh myself until then. I'll see if I can actually not do it.

Thanks again to you all!! I just feel like you're my extended family.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #25  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i'm about 12 days in and hitting my first plateau, booooo. it doesn't help that my monthly visitor made a spontaneous appearance, either. my goal for the week is to NOT GAIN and NOT GET DISCOURAGED about the slowed losses. just gonna power through... but how long does it take to get past that first plateau?
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #26  
Lynn

lol I'm not the best person to ask. I've had one that last 2 weeks, dropped 3 pounds in 3 days and then have been stuck for the past 8 days now. Stay strong!! It will happen.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 193/143/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahruthie View Post
i'm about 12 days in and hitting my first plateau, booooo. it doesn't help that my monthly visitor made a spontaneous appearance, either. my goal for the week is to NOT GAIN and NOT GET DISCOURAGED about the slowed losses. just gonna power through... but how long does it take to get past that first plateau?
You're right, don't get discouraged. My first plateau lasted about 1 week and now I'm noticing that I'm hitting a plateau for about every 10 pounds. They don't seem to be in sync with my monthly visitor which surprised me a bit.

Noahsmama - Hang in there, you are doing fabulous. I read your posts all the time and am amazed how you are so strong with no BLTs etc. I feel your pain, I was also doing about 10 pounds a month and then this last month I've only lost 4 pounds and have a bit over a week to go. Frustrating!
lookinfine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #28  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

a week, that's comforting. this totally coincides with my lady visitor, too, so i'm sure that's not helping things. in fact, the diet made my lady visitor come a little early. lucky me? but i'm soldiering through. it's only 10 a.m. and i've already had nearly 50 ounces of water. i'm determined not to let this bring me down, especially because i'm wearing a shirt today that i haven't felt comfortable wearing in a long time (yay!) and i have a hair appointment tonight for a full foil dye job (double yay!) so i'm feeling OK today.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'6

I hope you kick it too. What is this sf syrup you speak of?

I love the notion of having syrup and french toast. Is that recipe in the MRC Cook Book?
Spiritofsuccessnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #30  
Lynn

oh no. i've heard of people on here using the Walden Farms SF (sugar free) syrup. The brand I use is Maple Grove Farms and I buy it at Wal-Mart.