3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   totally embarrassing question (tmi warning) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/179150-totally-embarrassing-question-tmi-warning.html)

E4FEwife 08-18-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmickley (Post 2882273)
I find that for constipatio the cleanser does not really help but drinking the 3 fiberfills per day really help. Plus my counselor said drinking those can help burn up to 250 cals per day-I don't know how though.

May I suggest FiberSure for any of you that are considering taking the MRC fiber. FiberSure has 5 grams of soluable fiber and only 25 calories and it is even undetectable in plain water.

Lori123321 08-19-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahruthie (Post 2881234)
well since we're all friends now, i'm going to veer even farther into TMI territory.

preface: i've been on birth control for a good four years now (i am on Yaz to help with The Crazy). that said, i can usually predict within 12 hours of when my period will start (usually friday night or saturday morning during my gym class, ugh).

the problem: my period started yesterday instead of this friday. is it being affected by my drastic change in diet? and if so, why? shouldn't being on the pill override any irregularities? has anyone else experienced anything similar?

quite fortuitously, i have an appointment at my lady doctor's office on thursday next week to have some bloodwork done (i had high-ish cholesterol at my last yearly in january), so i suppose i can try to ask about it then. but i just thought i'd try to get some reassurance here first that my body isn't falling apart.

Hormones are stored in your fat, so as your body releases the fat it can change your cycle. Trust me, I went over 7 weeks w/o my period and I was getting nervous. Even took a pregnancy test even though I had my tubes tied. After a very bad period, things evened out and now I am more regular then before.

kiahna23 08-19-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmickley (Post 2882273)
I find that for constipatio the cleanser does not really help but drinking the 3 fiberfills per day really help. Plus my counselor said drinking those can help burn up to 250 cals per day-I don't know how though.

colon cleansers (diet tea...smooth move laxative tea) help if your constipated because they "release" your feces....But long term you should add lots of water and fiber...Fiber must be taken with LOTS of water or it causes constipation....I made that mistake...lol...

leahruthie 08-19-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori123321 (Post 2882808)
Hormones are stored in your fat, so as your body releases the fat it can change your cycle. Trust me, I went over 7 weeks w/o my period and I was getting nervous. Even took a pregnancy test even though I had my tubes tied. After a very bad period, things evened out and now I am more regular then before.

this is comforting, thanks. i'll just keep on keepin' on, then! i just wish i didn't have to deal with it at all, hehe... especially the bloatiness and water retention and moodiness and cravings that come with :(

funshine 08-19-2009 06:55 PM

The day after I started the program my "friend" came to visit. The timing was horrible, but I should have planned better. I'm glad I see in advance that cycle may fluxuate with weight loss. That will save me a few grey hairs from worrying!

Biloxibound 08-24-2009 05:15 PM

i actually had an improvement! i went 3-5 times a day. now its 2 times a day if that. sometimes depending on what i have eaten it seems to be of a different "consistency" lol than normal. i DID have the dreaded D the first week on the preconditioning. *shrug*