3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Off topic: What products do you use? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/179035-off-topic-what-products-do-you-use.html)

Dolly 08-12-2009 11:44 PM

Off topic: What products do you use?

I'm definitely up for trying new products as my looks change. I was just wondering what products some of you like and which ones you don't.

I used to buy Clinique moisturizer but I found generic Oil of Olay does just as good. I love Bare Minerals makeup since it's so lightweight. Mary Kay has a variety of shades, but the eye shadow only lasts an hour on me.

Anyone else have any particular likes or dislikes?

Fiftieslady, I have a feeling you've got quite a stash of department store freebies somewhere. I think you're very femme in real life.

MSIM, I picture you as a more natural woman with only a touch of foundation.

Supradave?

Rosinante 08-13-2009 02:28 AM

excuse a stranger sneaking in:
I've just discovered bobbi brown, makeup and skin care. The makeup is quite minimalist but with it and the moisturizer, I look dewy! Some days anyway!

Lori123321 08-13-2009 04:39 AM

I use Loreal Infinity eye pump. The one with the dual pump, can't remember the exact name. Love it! Brings down the bags under the eye and lifts the lids. Haven't tried the mineral make up but when I get to goal, I plan on a total make over, so may try it then.

jeweliek 08-14-2009 03:54 PM

Avon has Smooth Minerals....it is AMAZING! and on sale now. It is so sheer....I hate wearing makeup and I can wear this! They make mineral eye shadow and lip stick too!!! I have fairly oily skin so I use Magix Face Perfector it is a clear Gel Powder that keeps me matte without shine!!! It also help the eye makeup stay on forever!!!!

Oh.....and they have awesome slimming clothes too!!!!

leahruthie 08-14-2009 04:24 PM

i don't wear much makeup besides mascara and eyeliner, but for those, i use almay eyeliner (both liquid and kohl) in the eyecolor-enhancing variety (a topaz color for blue eyes), and for mascara i use some maybelline something or other. the tube is bright green (i use black brown) and has an awesome brush.

hah, "something or other." aren't i helpful? :P

Fifties Lady 08-14-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little edie (Post 2872469)
I'm definitely up for trying new products as my looks change. I was just wondering what products some of you like and which ones you don't.

I used to buy Clinique moisturizer but I found generic Oil of Olay does just as good. I love Bare Minerals makeup since it's so lightweight. Mary Kay has a variety of shades, but the eye shadow only lasts an hour on me.

Fiftieslady, I have a feeling you've got quite a stash of department store freebies somewhere. I think you're very femme in real life.

Supradave?

OMG Edie...have you been looking in my bathroom???? I can't believe you said that, and you hit it right nail right on the head!!!

Yes, I have a ton of make up.....I use Cover Girl Olay for foundation and powder, which I purchased many on clearance of several shades, since through the summer I am usually quite tanned, so my make up changes shades several times through the summer months and fall, then back to the lighter shades.

I use Cover Girl mascara, Mary Kay blush and Rimmel eyeliner. Lipstick is a toss up, depending on what shade I like...you can bet I have many tubes sitting in a drawer that I don't like at all. The packages are deceiving in color.

Now, please tell me how you know that about me....do you know me personally? This is just too eerie that you would say that!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

msim 08-14-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little edie (Post 2872469)

Supradave?

I can hardly wait to here Supradave's beautifying regime!

I have been using the ProX products for the past few months. Don't know if they are making a difference on the wrinkles or not; but then again they have a lot of wrinkles to cover.

Lotion is just good old Jergins in the Cherry Almond scent.

I do use foundation as I have a smattering of freckles that I try to cover--probably Age Rewind or something like that, don't use blush, a little powder over the top. Lips are one of those long lasting L'Oreal stains, the one Beyonce sells, because I like that you can use it as a little mirror. I use the Almay eye shadows for eye colors-I have blue eyes so I wear an apricot or brown shadow, mascara, and eyebrow pencil-when I can find it. I need an auburn color and Maybelline used to make one that cost about $2.50 and I don't know if they quit making that shade or I just can't find one anywhere. Hairdresser slaps some color on my brows so that lasts for a while.

Was wondering about the Bare Minerals products and have wanted to try them.

Fifties Lady 08-14-2009 10:01 PM

Supradave...where are you...we miss your posts and how you are doing...

Karen1234 08-14-2009 10:54 PM

Fun question,
I'm a bit girlie and love to play up my eyes as they are my best feature...

Wrinkle prevention/eye puff helper etc: Sonia Kashuk (Target) eye cream to help with the puffiness/crows feet, Good old Oil of Olay daily moisturizer works great for me... I do exfoliate my face with an apricot scrub from st. Ive's every morning so makeup goes on smoother w/o dry and flaky areas around nose.
Foundation: Covergirl buff beige liquid powder makeup
Powder: seal that a bit with a quick touch of almay compact
Blush: Maybelline, the one with the 3 colors... I mix the first 2 darker on the left and put under cheek bones, I put the brighter one on cheek bone and top of nose, chin.
Eyes: I have hazel to brown eyes and a rich/deep burgundy type purples/Aubergine and mauves brings out the best in my eyes, I swipe this over my lid, in the crease and along my lower lid like you would eyeliner.. I then apply the lighter color (mauve) with a tad of shimmer on below eyebrow, you know - that area. I skip the eyeliner, I have thick dark lashes, don't need it really but I always use Rimmell gold tube of mascara.
Lips: generally neutral to rosy tones of a lip stain or long lasting color and topped with a gloss.

Karen1234 08-15-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msim (Post 2875649)
I can hardly wait to here Supradave's beautifying regime!

I have been using the ProX products for the past few months. Don't know if they are making a difference on the wrinkles or not; but then again they have a lot of wrinkles to cover.

Lotion is just good old Jergins in the Cherry Almond scent.

I do use foundation as I have a smattering of freckles that I try to cover--probably Age Rewind or something like that, don't use blush, a little powder over the top. Lips are one of those long lasting L'Oreal stains, the one Beyonce sells, because I like that you can use it as a little mirror. I use the Almay eye shadows for eye colors-I have blue eyes so I wear an apricot or brown shadow, mascara, and eyebrow pencil-when I can find it. I need an auburn color and Maybelline used to make one that cost about $2.50 and I don't know if they quit making that shade or I just can't find one anywhere. Hairdresser slaps some color on my brows so that lasts for a while.

Was wondering about the Bare Minerals products and have wanted to try them.

I'ved tried either CG's or Maybelline's version, was expensive, and wasn't very impressed. The coverup wasn't very good at covering my dark circles and in the end it seemed to accentuate the little lines around my eyes and make my under eyes look "crepey" and I'm only 34 for Goodness sakes! Had to go, still have some left but it sits in cabinet just waiting until I finally decide to toss it :0)

Dolly 08-17-2009 10:26 AM

Fifties Lady, it's odd. As soon as you started posting, I feel like I knew you. A lot of your personality comes through in your posts.

I LOVE my Bare Minerals. It hides my acne roscae and generally poor complexion. My skin in too oily (even though I have wrinkles) or liquid make-up. I love trying new products and will sometimes buy a cheap Macy's lipstick in order to get the gift package of other goodies that come with it.

I get excited over the littlest things in life.

Fifties Lady 08-17-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by little edie (Post 2879346)
Fifties Lady, it's odd. As soon as you started posting, I feel like I knew you. A lot of your personality comes through in your posts.

I LOVE my Bare Minerals. It hides my acne roscae and generally poor complexion. My skin in too oily (even though I have wrinkles) or liquid make-up. I love trying new products and will sometimes buy a cheap Macy's lipstick in order to get the gift package of other goodies that come with it.

I get excited over the littlest things in life.

Well Edie...you had me pegged perfectly. I couldn't believe when you said that about the make up. I had to laugh this weekend, because I was cleaning my closet this weekend, and I came across more Cover Girl make up that I had stuffed in with some purses....it made me laugh, because I thought "Edie must have looked in my closet"...lol. :hug: