Old 08-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
I'm new too. I was nervous about the program because I just wasn't finding much out there about MRC when I searched the internet. I sort of stumbled on this site by accident, but that turned out to be a blessing.
Welcome aboard and good luck on the program.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/148/143

Default Meat lovers menu?

I'm new to this board, but have lurked for weeks now. I just noticed angelofsc that you had "meat lovers menu" on your list. Is that a joke, or is that a real menu?
I think I pay attention to what my consultants tell me, but it seems that I have also heard conflicting information. So, maybe I don't know about this "meat lovers menu" but it sounds good to me! I have to say though, that I'm loving the produce that's coming out of my garden, I can't get enough! So much better than from the store, and virtually free!
Rileysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

I am on my first day of pre conditioning. I am kind of confused as to why eggs are in the protein column and also in another column of this menu and what does "free" mean next to some of the veggies.. My gal at the center wrote on the top of the veggie list 4oz cooked or 8 oz raw so I am kind of confused. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe different centers use different pre-conditioning menus? My pre-con menu (I've been on it 4 days) only has eggs listed in the protein column and nowhere else, and also all my veggies are unlimited right now; meaning I can eat them whenever I want and also have them as a snack. The items in the free column mean you can use them whenever you want.
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #20  

That is interesting.. I have 4 columns, proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and juices.. I guess I will ask them about this when I go in for my food class on Friday. This should be real interesting.. Thanks for the info..
Ronnie
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
Maybe different centers use different pre-conditioning menus? My pre-con menu (I've been on it 4 days) only has eggs listed in the protein column and nowhere else, and also all my veggies are unlimited right now; meaning I can eat them whenever I want and also have them as a snack. The items in the free column mean you can use them whenever you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
That is interesting.. I have 4 columns, proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and juices.. I guess I will ask them about this when I go in for my food class on Friday. This should be real interesting.. Thanks for the info..
Ronnie

I have no free columns....it must be the color of the menus....I wish I had unlimited veggies, because my tomatoes are coming in real fast right now and I can only have one large one....that's not enough for me. I asked, and was told that's all I could have. What color of menus do you have that gives you that option?
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #22  

Fifties Lady, my preconditioning menu is just on plain white paper.. I wonder if it has to do with how we previously ate or what our starting weight is at or things like that? I told them I was a sweet eater and a late night eater due to the hours I work. So maybe it has something to do with that?? Don't really know, but I am a woman on a mission now..

Ronnie
Old 08-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Fifties Lady, my preconditioning menu is just on plain white paper.. I wonder if it has to do with how we previously ate or what our starting weight is at or things like that? I told them I was a sweet eater and a late night eater due to the hours I work. So maybe it has something to do with that?? Don't really know, but I am a woman on a mission now..

Ronnie
Ronnie...my menu is white paper too....when everyone was talking colored menus, I thought maybe my center couldn't afford color paper...lol...

I was told until I am under 200 pounds, I will remain on this menu, so I was curious why I didn't have any freebies....or unlimited veggies, since I heard the other colored menus were very restrictive. I am a little confused on that. Maybe someone can shed some light on that question...
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 AM   #24  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Ronnie...my menu is white paper too....when everyone was talking colored menus, I thought maybe my center couldn't afford color paper...lol...

I was told until I am under 200 pounds, I will remain on this menu, so I was curious why I didn't have any freebies....or unlimited veggies, since I heard the other colored menus were very restrictive. I am a little confused on that. Maybe someone can shed some light on that question...
Fifties Lady...the unlimited veggies etc are on the Preconditioning Menu...prior to going fully on the plan. I went on the "white" preconditioning menu prior to beginning the full program...this is done to help with the withdrawal in a slower pace from sugars, carbs, caffeine etc. This is what my center told me...then depending on your starting weight you will begin with the yellow menu if you are under 200, for 1-4 days move to the Blue days 5-10 and finally to the green on day 11. For those that weigh over 200 typically the beige menu is given until under 200 is achieved, then the green menu is given. I know there are other menus that are more specialized for people with different challenges...hope this helps.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I am on my first day of pre conditioning. I am kind of confused as to why eggs are in the protein column and also in another column of this menu and what does "free" mean next to some of the veggies.. My gal at the center wrote on the top of the veggie list 4oz cooked or 8 oz raw so I am kind of confused. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Ronnie
The eggs are in two lists so you could choose to have eggs and cheese or something else from the protein lists. The free means you can eat as much as you want, use them for snacks and such since their calories are so low. If you cook your veggies, you can have 4oz to make your portion and the 8 oz for raw. I think the free only pertains to uncooked veggies.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/148/143

Does anyone have a food ledger that they have scanned into their computer to fill in on the computer, or have you made one that you use? I don't like the ones that MRC supplies. No room to put activity, or if I have a HNS between meals, I'd like to keep track of that. Please PM me if you have something.
Rileysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #27  

Default just starting

Hello everyone, I also have just start preconditioning day2. I was also told the 4 columns of food to choose from are to get you ready for the program and to lessen side effects from coming off carbs and caffeine. I also am hoping this works. Ive tried everything else.
kbmastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 188/151.5/141

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
I'm new to this board, but have lurked for weeks now. I just noticed angelofsc that you had "meat lovers menu" on your list. Is that a joke, or is that a real menu?
I think I pay attention to what my consultants tell me, but it seems that I have also heard conflicting information. So, maybe I don't know about this "meat lovers menu" but it sounds good to me! I have to say though, that I'm loving the produce that's coming out of my garden, I can't get enough! So much better than from the store, and virtually free!
No it's not a joke. I am actually on a menu thats called the meat lover's menu. For the first two weeks of the program you elimate all fruits and carbs. And you have a half of serving of vegetables for breakfast. You don't have to measure your proteins at all. Starting week three you add a fruit for lunch, and starting week 4 you can add a carb. Every week after week 4 you can add another carb. On this plan the HNS are optional. So far I don't have no complaints about this plan because I love meat and was upset when I was only allowed 4 ounces of it. Well if you have any futher questions please let me know.
angelofsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post

Fifties Lady... your menu should be beige/grey in color though they call it beige. The white menu you did for preconditioning varies from place to place. I did not have a real menu, only a piece of paper that said to avoid carbs, eat more vegs, lower then eliminate caffeine use, avoid sugar, drink water, start supplements. That's all, no real lists of food. Maybe the center ran out of beige paper for your beige menu? It's a mystery to me :0) Have a great evening!!
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #30  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofsc View Post
No it's not a joke. I am actually on a menu thats called the meat lover's menu. For the first two weeks of the program you elimate all fruits and carbs. And you have a half of serving of vegetables for breakfast. You don't have to measure your proteins at all. Starting week three you add a fruit for lunch, and starting week 4 you can add a carb. Every week after week 4 you can add another carb. On this plan the HNS are optional. So far I don't have no complaints about this plan because I love meat and was upset when I was only allowed 4 ounces of it. Well if you have any futher questions please let me know.
WOW! I had no idea they had a meat lovers menu! Why did they put you on this menu?
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote