3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Frustrated Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/178531-frustrated-newbie.html)

Bobsey 08-06-2009 09:44 AM

Frustrated Newbie

OK, so I have been on this program since July 6th and I have lost about 12 lbs which I am very happy with, however, other than weighing me, looking at my menu and taking blood pressure I get nothing new from the center. They have never checked to see if I am burning fat or muscle, etc. I ask each time I am in but they always say let's check that next time. Then every time I want new products they are out and I am on waitlist. Now how can they hold me to a contract that they don't follow. Also one person will tell me to take the Internal Cleanser and then last night the gals says you aren't still taking that are you, when I said yes she did not say anything else. I am really starting to get confused.:?::?:

lmickley 08-06-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsey (Post 2862273)
OK, so I have been on this program since July 6th and I have lost about 12 lbs which I am very happy with, however, other than weighing me, looking at my menu and taking blood pressure I get nothing new from the center. They have never checked to see if I am burning fat or muscle, etc. I ask each time I am in but they always say let's check that next time. Then every time I want new products they are out and I am on waitlist. Now how can they hold me to a contract that they don't follow. Also one person will tell me to take the Internal Cleanser and then last night the gals says you aren't still taking that are you, when I said yes she did not say anything else. I am really starting to get confused.:?::?:

Sorry, you are having a hard time. It seems like different centers are very different indeed. Some centers seem to be really helpful while others, not so much. Have you talked to a manager? Or is there a favorite counelsor you can try to see each tiem you go?

I dont know what center you are from, but there might be a different center close to you that you can switch too. Good luck!

wanting2b140 08-06-2009 10:15 AM

I would def look into switching centers.... all that is enough to drive anyone crazy! But snaps to ya for losing the 12 lbs!!!!!! :carrot:

noahsmama 08-06-2009 10:51 AM

I'm so sorry that you're going through this difficult time with your center. And all centers are different. For instance, mine told me that MRC didn't make peach/mango concentrate any more but I've read from people on here that they do. Frustrating!

I, too, had a difficult/bumpy start with one of the counselors at the center. But fortunately for me, she's only at the center on Fridays, and I of course, won't go that day. I do have a favorite counselor though, as she is the cookbook/food suggestion queen! She has bean a real lifesaver for me. Good luck!

msim 08-06-2009 11:51 AM

Hi Bobsey!
You are doing great! My center didn't run Tanita or do measurements until I had been on program a month. Although then they wanted to do them two weeks later...I think my counselor made a mistake and should have run them at two weeks and then at four weeks, but we got it adjusted so I do Tanita and measurements near my sign up date now.

Do you check ketones each visit?

A lot of us don't purchase supplements from MRC due to expense. If there is something specific that you need or want, it is likely to be available on-line or at health food/Walmart/Target etc... Only thing I didn't find a like substitute for was All Day Weight Loss and I stopped taking that after the first month.

Good luck to you!

Bobsey 08-06-2009 02:42 PM

I have never had my ketones checked. That is another issue. I was going to try and use their supplements for a couple of months until I got use to everything or at least until they run out and then buy what I can at Walgreens to try and save money as this is getting very expensive. Luckily my husband hasn't looked at the checkbook lately.

msim 08-06-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsey (Post 2862828)
I have never had my ketones checked. That is another issue. I was going to try and use their supplements for a couple of months until I got use to everything or at least until they run out and then buy what I can at Walgreens to try and save money as this is getting very expensive. Luckily my husband hasn't looked at the checkbook lately.

Bobsey
Do you know if your center has been established for a while or had a great deal of turnover? The reason I ask is that every center could have a misstep here or there, but yours seems to be constantly tripping.

I would contact the manager and make an appt to discuss your concerns directly with her/him; they are losing out on sales with you. Multiply that by other unsatisfied customers and that is not good business!

Bobsey 08-06-2009 03:07 PM

so when and how often do you gals get your ketones checked?

msim 08-06-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsey (Post 2862853)
so when and how often do you gals get your ketones checked?

They started checking after I had been actually on program--not preconditioning--for 5 days.

I check ketones at each weigh in--2x a week. Now if a counselor sees I have not been following program strictly upon reviewing my food journal, well they will give me the option of checking ketones.

I have gone from beige to a medium rose tone on the ketone stick.

jeweliek 08-06-2009 03:59 PM

Ours will ask about Ketone if they see something in my food diary or if I have an unexplained gain, but I check it each time I go in. There are sticks in the restroom....left there so you can use them. The scale is right on the bottle.

Momma H 08-06-2009 07:25 PM

I, too, have had issues with my center. I complained to them about a couple of things, but they don't really seem to care. First of all, the calendar wasn't ready until the 2nd of the month, therefore I missed the opportunity to extend my weeks. Then they've been out of supplements Ive needed, twice, and Ive only been on program 2 weeks! Also, I was constantly calling asking questions that should have been addressed by them that were just basic issues. It seemed they just left me to figure it out on my own. Seems they just wanted to get another member. Not super satisfied, but hanging in there and doing my best to figure it out along the way.

Fifties Lady 08-06-2009 08:52 PM

I just joined this week, and I really hate hearing these stories....when I think how much they want you to sign right away, and then to not be helpful weeks later is not good....and you really have no recourse....can anyone who is having problems name what state you are in? I am praying it's not Nebraska!!!

Dedge 08-06-2009 11:35 PM

Not all the centers are bad. I go to the one in Greeley, CO and everyone there is fantastic! :carrot: They are so supportative, and always answer any questions we may have. I hope things start getting better for you guys having bad experiences, I truly believe that is a big piece to this puzzle.

Good Luck everyone!!!! :D
:hug:

Lori123321 08-07-2009 04:39 AM

I go to the center in Colorado Springs, CO. Except for one incident regarding buying the multi vit/flax oil, I have not had trouble. And that struck me at a difficult time so I was probably a little over emotional. If you have another center then I would switch. Good luck and kudos to losing the 12 lbs despite their lack of help. :carrot:

lmickley 08-07-2009 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedge (Post 2863468)
Not all the centers are bad. I go to the one in Greeley, CO and everyone there is fantastic! :carrot: They are so supportative, and always answer any questions we may have. I hope things start getting better for you guys having bad experiences, I truly believe that is a big piece to this puzzle.

Good Luck everyone!!!! :D
:hug:

I agreee Dedge, my center is awsome, although I have heard some bad stories on these boards regarding other centers. I don't blame the program, just the employees at that particular center. It may be worth it, for those of you having a bad experience at your center, to go up the ladder. After all you did pay alot of money for the program and should get what you paid for.

kaylasmommy 08-07-2009 08:47 AM

Not all centers are bad

My center in Gainesville, FL is amazing. The girls are so helpful. They all have been on program and have lost a substantial amount of weight. They make you feel like a rock star for losing 3-5 lbs, and it just gives you motivation and in turn, you motivate others. You are doing great. Don't give up, but if you are not happy with that center, just change centers. This should be a great experience for you, not a depressing one. I have been OP since March 17th and have lost 81 lbs. If I can do it, you can too, just either voice your concerns or change centers. :)

msim 08-07-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylasmommy (Post 2863702)
My center in Gainesville, FL is amazing. The girls are so helpful. They all have been on program and have lost a substantial amount of weight. They make you feel like a rock star for losing 3-5 lbs, and it just gives you motivation and in turn, you motivate others. You are doing great. Don't give up, but if you are not happy with that center, just change centers. This should be a great experience for you, not a depressing one. I have been OP since March 17th and have lost 81 lbs. If I can do it, you can too, just either voice your concerns or change centers. :)

kaylasmommy
You are a rock star!!!! Your stats are fantastic!

I have a great center, noticing a bit of turnover, but the counselors coming in are great. I like that there are counselors in different age brackets.

Bobsey 08-07-2009 05:24 PM

Hi everyone,

First, let me say that I don't think that my center is bad, at least I am willing to give them another chance before I decided on that one (yes, it is in Nebraska) it is just a few of the girls that seem to put things off. So I have decided that I am going tomorrow morning and I am going to be specific about what needs done, and I am not leaving until it is all done. Then we will discuss where I am at and changes that I need to make. I think one of the issues may be that sometimes they seem like they are defending the program but I am a person who does not expect to get my money back. I want to learn a healthy lifestyle and realize that yes there will be cheats but I am OK with that as the next day I want to pick myself back up and get back on program. If I can learn that, I hopefully will not have issues with my weight any longer. I think that when I tell them that I am OK with ups and downs they think that is weird. But it does frustrate me that they have never checked to see if I am in ketosis. But tomorrow I am going to find out! Thanks everyone for all your help because I have learned so much from this board that I think it helps me when I go into the center.

E4FEwife 08-07-2009 09:03 PM

The center I have been going to (also in Nebraska) seems to be doing okay. They do seem to be out of products often. The first week I signed up they were out of a couple of things, now this week they have them back in but are out of others. I actually got the last box of one item tonight. I think that maybe if you picked up products before the Friday "rush" they might be in. ??? I found that the girl that weighed me in at my midweek weigh-in during pre-conditional was not at all helpful and actually made me feel worse when I had not lost a single ounce! (literally not an ounce).

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 01:43 AM

Today when completing our lists in class of flavors, there were about 3 or 4 items they were out of....which must mean they were the best flavors and I would have like to try them....I guess I will check at next weight in to see if they have them in and purchase them right then. They asked us to WI twice a week....does anyone have any tips on what days work for you....is it good on Monday right after a long weekend, and then again on Thursday?? Gee I hope you don't get tired of me for asking so many questions.

E4FEwife 08-08-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2865076)
Today when completing our lists in class of flavors, there were about 3 or 4 items they were out of....which must mean they were the best flavors and I would have like to try them....I guess I will check at next weight in to see if they have them in and purchase them right then. They asked us to WI twice a week....does anyone have any tips on what days work for you....is it good on Monday right after a long weekend, and then again on Thursday?? Gee I hope you don't get tired of me for asking so many questions.

I'm pretty new to this, and I think it probably varies from Center to Center, but I have weighed in on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday. It seems as if Friday is c-r-a-z-y busy and that they shuffle you in & out a bit faster than normal. On the other days they stop and chat a bit longer and see how you're doing. I plan to go with a Monday and a Thursday once I am on my long term menu (whatever color that is.)

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 05:20 PM

Another question....when you go in for WI, is that all they do....how often do they measure and do a body fat print out on you? So you probably want to do a 3-4 days in between weigh ins then?

Ok...sorry, that was two questions.

E4FEwife 08-08-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifties Lady (Post 2865715)
Another question....when you go in for WI, is that all they do....how often do they measure and do a body fat print out on you? So you probably want to do a 3-4 days in between weigh ins then?

Ok...sorry, that was two questions.

When I go in they take my blood pressure, ask what vitamins, etc I have been taking, ask how things are going, look over my food log, and then get weighed-in. They said that they retake your measurements and do the Tanita again after 2 weeks of being OP, I think. :?:

Fifties Lady 08-08-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4FEwife (Post 2865727)
When I go in they take my blood pressure, ask what vitamins, etc I have been taking, ask how things are going, look over my food log, and then get weighed-in. They said that they retake your measurements and do the Tanita again after 2 weeks of being OP, I think. :?:

Thank you for being so helpful.:hug:

truthteller 08-11-2009 12:16 PM

I was told the manager was too busy to return my call. And that was correct because she never did. They fabricated things in my chart and would not let me see the notes on me. I lost 43 lbs and got no support . Now I am so upset with them I donto want to go back in and have already gained back 5 lbs. I tried 2 clinics in metro Denver. The second one was worse than the first and they shared information. Be aware if you do not lose 3 lbs every week they will accuse you of cheating (which I did not do until this past week) That is their corporate policy. I need support. I am, really slipping back.

3ducksmom 08-11-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truthteller (Post 2869748)
I was told the manager was too busy to return my call. And that was correct because she never did. They fabricated things in my chart and would not let me see the notes on me. I lost 43 lbs and got no support . Now I am so upset with them I donto want to go back in and have already gained back 5 lbs. I tried 2 clinics in metro Denver. The second one was worse than the first and they shared information. Be aware if you do not lose 3 lbs every week they will accuse you of cheating (which I did not do until this past week) That is their corporate policy. I need support. I am, really slipping back.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with your center, but you know what?... look how far you've come! You said you lost 43 lbs with no support. Think about that. That means YOU did that! YOU were in control. Don't let them control you now. For too long, I (and probably most of us) have allowed food to control me. Finally we're taking that control back. Don't just hand it over to someone else now. You've worked too hard for that! You will get there, you just have to keep plugging. I don't know how far along into your contract you are, but you know the plan and know what you've have to do. Put your earplugs in, your blinders on and keep going. You can finish this, no matter how long it takes. This is for you and your future. Keep that control and don't give it away!

Fifties Lady 08-11-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ducksmom (Post 2869873)
I'm sorry you're having trouble with your center, but you know what?... look how far you've come! You said you lost 43 lbs with no support. Think about that. That means YOU did that! YOU were in control. Don't let them control you now. For too long, I (and probably most of us) have allowed food to control me. Finally we're taking that control back. Don't just hand it over to someone else now. You've worked too hard for that! You will get there, you just have to keep plugging. I don't know how far along into your contract you are, but you know the plan and know what you've have to do. Put your earplugs in, your blinders on and keep going. You can finish this, no matter how long it takes. This is for you and your future. Keep that control and don't give it away!

Great advice....I ditto everything...you can do it...don't quit now!!!;)

Smileydd 08-11-2009 01:45 PM

I have only been on MRC for about the same time you have & I know what you mean about the people on the inside. I love this forum for it has been helping me along my new journey

Smileydd 08-11-2009 01:46 PM

is your center in georgia?

Fifties Lady 08-11-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smileydd (Post 2869958)
is your center in georgia?

Not sure if you are talking to me, but I am from Nebraska...after WI this week, I will update my profile to show that. I was just lucky to get the ticker to work...LOL.:carrot::carrot:

Bobsey 08-13-2009 04:06 PM

Hi everyone, well I did what I said, I went in told them what I wanted checked and they actually did all of it and they were even surprised at things like how much actual fat I had lost etc. I am glad that I forced the issue, I am also making them take the time with me that I need. I am not saying anything to them I am just staying seated, asking my questions and once I am comfortable with everything that I need to know then we move to weighing in etc. Don't be afraid to do the same, for what we pay we have every right to request their time. I am going to actually buy a good scale (I never weight myself, but I am questioning my numbers because they each tell we what I lost and then what my total weight loss is and they can't add because I write down each time what they tell me and guess what, I show 2 more pounds gone and suddenly they are saying different. Weird huh, so now I am keeping track of what they say and writing in my food journal.

lmickley 08-13-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsey (Post 2873767)
Hi everyone, well I did what I said, I went in told them what I wanted checked and they actually did all of it and they were even surprised at things like how much actual fat I had lost etc. I am glad that I forced the issue, I am also making them take the time with me that I need. I am not saying anything to them I am just staying seated, asking my questions and once I am comfortable with everything that I need to know then we move to weighing in etc. Don't be afraid to do the same, for what we pay we have every right to request their time. I am going to actually buy a good scale (I never weight myself, but I am questioning my numbers because they each tell we what I lost and then what my total weight loss is and they can't add because I write down each time what they tell me and guess what, I show 2 more pounds gone and suddenly they are saying different. Weird huh, so now I am keeping track of what they say and writing in my food journal.

Way to go. I'm glad you stood your ground and got what you needed. I hope you feel better.

jeweliek 08-13-2009 06:33 PM

Bobsey
Congrats! I use my food journal for everything. I write down any question that I have right on the day that I had the question.....I write down how I feel, what exercise I did, my water (if it felt like too much or not enough)....I use a little book not the pages. It even has what I weighed and the measurements they write down on the Body Comp days so that I can look back. I can always tell if they don't read my journal because they skip all the questions! Use your journal if you are uncomfortable asking questions (not a problem for you now) it really does work!!!!