3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Frustrated Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/178531-frustrated-newbie.html)

Bobsey 08-13-2009 04:06 PM

Hi everyone, well I did what I said, I went in told them what I wanted checked and they actually did all of it and they were even surprised at things like how much actual fat I had lost etc. I am glad that I forced the issue, I am also making them take the time with me that I need. I am not saying anything to them I am just staying seated, asking my questions and once I am comfortable with everything that I need to know then we move to weighing in etc. Don't be afraid to do the same, for what we pay we have every right to request their time. I am going to actually buy a good scale (I never weight myself, but I am questioning my numbers because they each tell we what I lost and then what my total weight loss is and they can't add because I write down each time what they tell me and guess what, I show 2 more pounds gone and suddenly they are saying different. Weird huh, so now I am keeping track of what they say and writing in my food journal.

lmickley 08-13-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsey (Post 2873767)
Hi everyone, well I did what I said, I went in told them what I wanted checked and they actually did all of it and they were even surprised at things like how much actual fat I had lost etc. I am glad that I forced the issue, I am also making them take the time with me that I need. I am not saying anything to them I am just staying seated, asking my questions and once I am comfortable with everything that I need to know then we move to weighing in etc. Don't be afraid to do the same, for what we pay we have every right to request their time. I am going to actually buy a good scale (I never weight myself, but I am questioning my numbers because they each tell we what I lost and then what my total weight loss is and they can't add because I write down each time what they tell me and guess what, I show 2 more pounds gone and suddenly they are saying different. Weird huh, so now I am keeping track of what they say and writing in my food journal.

Way to go. I'm glad you stood your ground and got what you needed. I hope you feel better.

jeweliek 08-13-2009 06:33 PM

Bobsey
Congrats! I use my food journal for everything. I write down any question that I have right on the day that I had the question.....I write down how I feel, what exercise I did, my water (if it felt like too much or not enough)....I use a little book not the pages. It even has what I weighed and the measurements they write down on the Body Comp days so that I can look back. I can always tell if they don't read my journal because they skip all the questions! Use your journal if you are uncomfortable asking questions (not a problem for you now) it really does work!!!!