Old 07-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default ADVICE PLEASE...can't afford MRC

All, so far I have lost 15 pounds. But, like so many other folks...money is tight. I sooooo want to stay on the program, but, for the next few weeks (until I can get back on my feet)....something had to give. Has anyone found products elsewhere, but, cheaper???? Even similar food products/supplements/vitamins. Thank you in advance, buddleggo
buddleggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddleggo View Post
All, so far I have lost 15 pounds. But, like so many other folks...money is tight. I sooooo want to stay on the program, but, for the next few weeks (until I can get back on my feet)....something had to give. Has anyone found products elsewhere, but, cheaper???? Even similar food products/supplements/vitamins. Thank you in advance, buddleggo
Hi buddleggo;
I bumped up this old thread that you might look at.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...-hns-such.html

Dietdirect.com has weekly sales that you will definitely want to check out. They offer free shipping with a $79.00 purchase and a 10% discount with $99.00 purchase. Very fast shipping as well. I buy all my supplements elsewhere; I appreciate the fact MRC offers it so I can then go comparison shop for it somewhere else
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/160.8/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddleggo View Post
I am doing MRC on my own. I found a product that is has the exact same nutritional value as MRC hns. Its called Syntrax Nectar Whey Protein Isolate. You can get it online or at GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe. I buy my pills from the Vitamin Shoppe as well.
asherdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

OK....besides getting HNS at a discount. I use Flax and vitamins from WalMart.

On the cooking there are ways to make this cheaper too:
- Make only one meal for you and your family. Try to not use HNS in the recipe and supliment the meal with sides for the family.

- Tuna is cheap and makes a nice lunch. You can make tuna burgers (see the recipe link), tuna noodle casserole also in the recipes, tuna salad (add cucumbers to add moisture) or just eat it as is (YUCK!)

- If your family doesn't like turkey burger mix it into the regular burger. It is cheaper a lot of the time and if you slowly mix it in they won't be able to tell the gradual switch.

- Start adding Mushrooms and/or beans to your recipes to up the nutritional content and stretch the meat further.

- Try dump chicken.....buy chicken breast in bulk. It is 1.97/lb at Sam's club. Bring it home and put it in a freezer bag with marinade. One to try is Lemon Garlic....to a pound of meat add 2 cloves Garlic, 4T olive oil, 2T Chopped Parsley, 3T Lemon Juice and Pepper. Put it in the freezer. The night before you want to make it put it in the fridge and let it defrost and it will marinate at the same time. Grill and be happy!

- Buy only a 3 days to a weeks worth of veggies at a time so that none go to waste. Buy at a farmers market for savings.

- Frozen veggies are my best friends. I love that they are good nutritionally and that they don't go bad right away.

I may come up with more. Let me think.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/178.8/155

Height: 5'6"

Just some hopefully helpful Info. I was looking for the protein drinks online as I am currently not enrolled in the program and I found a cheaper site than diet direct. At familybariatric .com the liquid drinks sell for $7/box and they are Protidiet protein drinks, just like the programs and the shipping is a lot cheaper the more you buy. It is outrageous for just one or 2 boxes but it will save you money. I got 10 boxes 7drinks/box for $82 that includes the shipping!! Hope this helps some people. I love MRC but it can get pricey.
emilyszynaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #6  

Wow what a good tip .... they have the same products as the center and diet direct (private labeled with their name or the proti diet name) for cheaper than diet direct! The concentrates are on sale for $7.00 per box -- as were some of the bars and puddings. The downside is that I didn't see any free shipping? And the cheapest shipping adding nearly $14. Thanks Emily.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote