Old 05-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/219/170

Default 93% Fat Free ground turkey & caffeinated diet soda

Hello! I've gotten conflicting information on the 93% ff ground turkey?? My consultant said it's fine but I have a friend at a different MRC office and they said no?

Any insight?? We make turkey burgers about once a week with it.

Also, is there huge harm in drinking 1 diet pop (caffeinated) a day? My consultant told me it's a sodium issue so can I just drink loads more water??

Thanks!
smash0530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #2  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash0530 View Post
Hello! I've gotten conflicting information on the 93% ff ground turkey?? My consultant said it's fine but I have a friend at a different MRC office and they said no?

Also, is there huge harm in drinking 1 diet pop (caffeinated) a day? My consultant told me it's a sodium issue so can I just drink loads more water??

Thanks!
I am not sure about the turkey but let me know what you find out! I was told drinking caffeinated drinks can slow your weight loss. Not sure why. My center said that you can have Dt. Right, it comes in lots of flavors that are really good. I was a caffeine addict but gave it up when I started preconditioning and after the first few days (headaches) I am feeling fine.
I guess it is a personal choice whether you want to drink one a day or not. Honestly, I wouldn't think one would make a huge difference especially if you up your water like you mentioned. Hope this helps!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:

Thanks!
You really should try to get the 99% lean ground turkey.

As for caffine, I would stear clear. From what I understand caffine actually takes your body out of the fat burning process because it sort of tricks your body. I would stay away from caffine 100% while on this program.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169.5/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Thanks!
I was also told that caffeine increases your cravings...not sure if this is true.
khunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #5  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

I went in once all terribly guilty because I was EXHAUSTED at work one day and had a coke zero and the mgr told me that it's not going to be that bad. I've read that if you're body's processing the caffeine it's just one more thing for it to process other than the fat and I was told that most of the caffienated cokes have more sodium so to get the lowest sodium available. I've drank tea with splenda and diet cokes a few times a week and haven't had it adversly affect my loss.

I also use ground turkey, never checked the fat content, just knew it wasn't white meat only so I didn't care to read the rest of the label and that hasn't affected me adversly either.
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #6  
Stay Focused

S/C/G: 210/203/140

Height: 5'6

I know the artificial sweetener in diet soda is bad for you but I've never heard anything about turkey
Dominique19 is offline   Reply With Quote