Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Default From Pre-Conditioning to Biege

I finally got my biege menu! Since I missed a food class my pre-conditioning was 12 days long and I was so curious to find out what lay ahead for me!

I have to confess that two days before my food instruction class--last Wednesday--I was out of groceries and broke down and ate one of those 99cent Totino extra cheese pizzas. Trust me, it tasted delicious. I also found out at this time that I'm really an emotional eater because entirely LOST MRC movitivation after finding out they could ONLY instruct me on Friday even though I work Fridays.

So now I know what my "cheat" food will be. I have already made a mental note that I am only allowed to go off program whenever pizza is available at work or my kids make one. Knowing that I can do this and hop right back on plan makes me feel better about my committment the endless vegetable chewing that I'll be doing. This should only happen once a month though so I think it won't sabotage me too much.

Anyway, last Friday I went to my center for the food class fully expecting to show a two pound loss as from when I weighed myself at work. Now, I'm a shift worker and prior to me going in I had just woken up, showered, and ran to the Center with my stomach growling. With a sinking sensation in my stomach, I took off my shoes and socks and stepped on the scales still feeling pretty sleepy and distracted thinking about how busy my night was going to be and wondering at which fast food place I could grab some OP food to eat while I was driving to work.

Suddenly, the lady weighing me said, "You've done really, really, good." Before I could turn my head to look at her, she blew this obnoxious sounding horn at me causing me to jump out of my skin.

"You've lost TEN POUNDS!" she excitedly proclaimed. I was momentarily stunned and then felt this enormous sense of relief that all this wasn't for nothing. This WILL work, I haven't blown half a paycheck for nothing, and I will be healthy again

She then gave me a 10lb marker stone that I have since lost.

I had to hurry from there to work (got a plain grilled chicken sandwich from a nearby fast food restaurant and ate only the chicken and a salad).

I was on a high all night as I worked.

Last edited by Dolly; 05-11-2009 at 03:59 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations edie!! That's so awesome. you and I are at the same weight now, except that you're a lot taller than I am! I'm at a plateau that has lasted 11 days now and it's extremely frustrating, I can tell you that. So when/if it does happen to you, I hope that you can go right through it.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I finally got my biege menu! Since I missed a food class my pre-conditioning was 12 days long and I was so curious to find out what lay ahead for me!

I have to confess that two days before my food instruction class--last Wednesday--I was out of groceries and broke down and ate one of those 99cent Totino extra cheese pizzas. Trust me, it tasted delicious. I also found out at this time that I'm really an emotional eater because entirely LOST MRC movitivation after finding out they could ONLY instruct me on Friday even though I work Fridays.

So now I know what my "cheat" food will be. I have already made a mental note that I am only allowed to go off program whenever pizza is available at work or my kids make one. Knowing that I can do this and hop right back on plan makes me feel better about my committment the endless vegetable chewing that I'll be doing. This should only happen once a month though so I think it won't sabotage me too much.

Anyway, last Friday I went to my center for the food class fully expecting to show a two pound loss as from when I weighed myself at work. Now, I'm a shift worker and prior to me going in I had just woken up, showered, and ran to the Center with my stomach growling. With a sinking sensation in my stomach, I took off my shoes and socks and stepped on the scales still feeling pretty sleepy and distracted thinking about how busy my night was going to be and wondering at which fast food place I could grab some OP food to eat while I was driving to work.

Suddenly, the lady weighing me said, "You've done really, really, good." Before I could turn my head to look at her, she blew this obnoxious sounding horn at me causing me to jump out of my skin.

"You've lost TEN POUNDS!" she excitedly proclaimed. I was momentarily stunned and then felt this enormous sense of relief that all this wasn't for nothing. This WILL work, I haven't blown half a paycheck for nothing, and I will be healthy again

She then gave me a 10lb marker stone that I have since lost.

I had to hurry from there to work (got a plain grilled chicken sandwich from a nearby fast food restaurant and ate only the chicken and a salad).

I was on a high all night as I worked.
Awesome!!!! How exciting to be surprised with 10lbs!! You're doing great....keep it up!
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/ticker/160

Height: 5' 9.5"

Great Little Edie...what a spectacular motivating loss!
PoNdHopPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #5  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

a huge congratulations to you hun, I know it had to be fantastic to get to sign the 10 pound board on your first weigh in after pre conditioning. I only managed to get rid of 5 pounds on mine, but I know it was great for me too! Good luck on your life change and huggers!!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you all for your supportive words! It was quite the motivator, believe me.

Actually, since it was such a big loss, I don't expect to lose any on Wednesday. But in my mind, I'm lighter and it feels wonderful

Noahsmama, I hit that plateau when I did WW and quit when I was halfway through. I know I'll hit plateaus (maybe I'm on one now) but hopefully losses will show in measurements.

I can see this is going to be quite a mental roller coaster ride.

Last edited by Dolly; 05-11-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote