Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
Wow...there sure are a lot of new people here, but I'm glad to see some of the "old timers" here, too.

I finally feel like I am back on it. I haven't been focused at all for about two months for a whole list of reasons...actually excuses. Luckily during that time I only gained back four pounds.

I have been perfectly OP for three days now and am back at my lowest MRC weight. I'm excited to get going again and finish up.

I still have a long way to go and realized that I need the accountability of checking in here every day.

I love the support I get here!
I thought of you the other day and was wondering where you've been!! So glad to see you back. That's so encouraging that you only gained 4 lbs!! I'm terrified of what will happen when I go off plan. Anytime I've cheated I've gained 2 lbs. overnight just from the salt so 4 sounds like nothing for a whole month off plan. Congrats on getting it off again so fast!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

[QUOTE=Rocki;2665831]Shelby63..Did you use the water requested with just the jello recipe or the water that the MRC jello AND the 3-4 gelatin packs required? You just waited for them to set before you cut them, right? I ended up not going to the movies but I want to try this for a snack anyway.

I used the amount called for on the HNS packet and just added the additional gelatin. Good luck. I hope they turn out okay.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #108  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmickley View Post
Ok, question:

Do all of you really give up all salt, caffience, gel toothpast, and mouthwash etc as they suggest at the centers? I fnd this really difficult and I like my mouthwash. I would think mouthwash would only add negligibel amounts of sugar or alcohol. As for caffience, I don't see how on cup a day could derail weightloss that much. Any feedback?
I had already quit coffee except for the occasional *i mean maybe 2 a month* coke and I did quit salt. I am NOT buying special toothpaste when I have a brand new full tube of Aquafresh which is mostly paste but a little bit of gel. I did stop using my mouthwash when I ran out but have every intention of getting some more because I can tell a difference w/o it and it's driving me batty. If it slows me down, adding it back, then I'll consider stopping again.

I was told, after I confessed that I drank a diet coke because I HAD to have something for some energy that even up to one a day, with the lowest possible sodium isn't going to hurt so I'm using it sparingly when I need a one time boost.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #109  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
I had already quit coffee except for the occasional *i mean maybe 2 a month* coke and I did quit salt. I am NOT buying special toothpaste when I have a brand new full tube of Aquafresh which is mostly paste but a little bit of gel. I did stop using my mouthwash when I ran out but have every intention of getting some more because I can tell a difference w/o it and it's driving me batty. If it slows me down, adding it back, then I'll consider stopping again.

I was told, after I confessed that I drank a diet coke because I HAD to have something for some energy that even up to one a day, with the lowest possible sodium isn't going to hurt so I'm using it sparingly when I need a one time boost.
I am still doing coffee in the morning, but only one cup. I am using my mouthwas (can't go without that). I will switch over to caffiene free diet soda after I run out of what I have on hand. As for salt, I have cut it back greatly, but I did buy some of the Morton's light salt and it has less sodium than sea salt. So I use it very very sparingly.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #110  
Lindsay

Default Another question

Just wondering if any of you ever have a planned cheat meal? If so how does it affect your WL? I have read that having one occasionally will help boost your metabolism with the extra calories. And when I say cheat meal I mean one (and only one) meal once or twice a month.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:56 PM   #111  
Tired & disgusted...

I can't STAND that mortons lite salt. I bought some and then gave it away. I'm using the sea salt w/o any neg effects that I can tell. I don't use it on food after it's cooked because I have a grinder and it leaves BIG chunks *bla!* so usually by the time I think of it I'm already too late which is a good thing in this case. It's great to grill with and you don't need as much of it, especially after you've gone without salt for a while, you'll find it takes less salt to taste good.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #112  
Tired & disgusted...

Quote:
Just wondering if any of you ever have a planned cheat meal? If so how does it affect your WL? I have read that having one occasionally will help boost your metabolism with the extra calories. And when I say cheat meal I mean one (and only one) meal once or twice a month.
Lemme know how that works out for ya and I might try it. BF keeps asking me if I can do that and I think it's because he wants to cook for me *wth? * so if it doesn't totally ruin it then I might let him.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #113  
Lindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
Lemme know how that works out for ya and I might try it. BF keeps asking me if I can do that and I think it's because he wants to cook for me *wth? * so if it doesn't totally ruin it then I might let him.
Ya, that is what I'm trying to determine before I do it also. I guess it also depends on if you can stop at just that meal. It does get hard to get back on track, but if you plan then it may be ok.

Also, I won't be doing it anytime soon. Just a thought since my b-day is coming up in early May.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Thank you Shine On and KeepinOnandOn for your words. I feel much better now that you guys have gone through the same discouragements and still managed to lose big.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

LMICKLEY just remember that the cheat meal is going to cost you 3 days of no fat burning. It should not make you gain weight but will stall your weight loss. I have heard that before too, but I think is only for people who are not in ketosis, it is called calorie confusion, one week of low calories then one day of regular calories and back and forth. But with MRC, you are switching your body to ketosis which you have to maintain in order to lose weight. Also the HNS are what makes your metabolism rev up. Just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

[QUOTE=Rocki;2665831]Shelby63..Did you use the water requested with just the jello recipe or the water that the MRC jello AND the 3-4 gelatin packs required? You just waited for them to set before you cut them, right? I ended up not going to the movies but I want to try this for a snack anyway.

Rocki-
I use the knox gelatin packets with 1 cup boiling water and mix and HNS with 4 oz of cold water to make my evening jello! I feel like I'm getting a dessert that way! Plus it's sooo yummy!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hi Bonnie!

Girl, we all have those days! Just remember that it is not worth it to binge eat and do that to yourself. Look back at all that you have accomplished in the last few months....YOU and no one else! You are strong and you can resist those urges! Since you are craving bad stuff give yourself a good treat like a double chocolate creamie pudding or my favorite a lemon chiffon pudding, have a steak for dinner or something different that would seem like a treat but on program. You are doing great and will continue to do great, it is probably one of those darn plateaus! Do something for you today.....just because you are special and you deserve it!!

Sending you hugs and I know you will do the right thing! Keep up the great work my friend! You are a success!!!

Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post

What are you craving? You could make something up that is a mock version. Try pan frying a tortilla with butter flavored pam, a smidge of sea salt and garlic pepper - at the end, fold it over and you have a soft taco/chupulla. Or a juicy bison mushroom buger hits the spot for me. Grilled zuchunni chips. Home made salsa and a great taco salad, etc . . . Just get creative and stay OP. Of course, you are PMSing - so I'm sure you want to reach through the screen and slap me! Have a cup of hot chocolate instead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
This sounds like my last two months...I can assure you it is not worth it!!

Hang in there...just get through today. Easier said than done. Make mini goals if you have to...things like...I will drink X ounces of water before dinner...I will eat dinner on plan...I will drink X ounces of water this evening. Whatever works for you. That is what I have needed to do to get back OP.

Keep checking in!
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I did two things today that made me feel much better. I had Lane Bryant real women dollars (spend $50 get $25 free---I had SIX of them and used all of them) It was a reminder on how far I have come and why I shouldnt give in to my old ways. I loved being able to say "Do you have this is a 14/16?" and knowing it was the smallest size they carry. I actually enjoy trying on clothes and being surprised when something fits me. I also went to Macys to look at all of the cute sundresses (I LOOOVE sundresses but haven't found too many cutes ones in plus sizes) I was looking at the tags and noticing that in the "regular" section they go up to a size 14. I tried squeezing into a 14 but it didnt quite work. Instead of being bummed out I thought "Summer is still over 2 months away, by then I will be smaller AND the dresses will be on sale!"
When I got home I made the MRC Nachos and made them to plan except I added jalapeno peppers to it (which I don't think are allowed) so it felt like a big bad cheat and was comforting without the damage that I could have done at one fast food restaurant. So what started out as a bad day ended up good after all!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

I was just catching up on the last episodes of Biggest Loser. How do those people lose so much weight each week? Their diets look reasonable. They must work out continuously, don't you think?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #119  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ya, that is what I'm trying to determine before I do it also. I guess it also depends on if you can stop at just that meal. It does get hard to get back on track, but if you plan then it may be ok.

Also, I won't be doing it anytime soon. Just a thought since my b-day is coming up in early May.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
LMICKLEY just remember that the cheat meal is going to cost you 3 days of no fat burning. It should not make you gain weight but will stall your weight loss. I have heard that before too, but I think is only for people who are not in ketosis, it is called calorie confusion, one week of low calories then one day of regular calories and back and forth. But with MRC, you are switching your body to ketosis which you have to maintain in order to lose weight. Also the HNS are what makes your metabolism rev up. Just my opinion.
I agree with wanttobeskinny. The calorie confusion theory doesn't really work on this plan. When I started having an occasional cheat meal, it really messed me up. Especially if you don't gain. It's a slippery slope!! Everytime you eat off plan, you throw yourself out of the chemical burn and then your body is just counting on the low calories to lose weight, which really slows you up. It's the food combinations that really excelerates the weight loss on this plan. Did I do it? Yes, and it took me a lot longer to lose. Even when I had the occasional meal (and it really was only one meal - a lot of people have trouble getting back on plan) I went through a series of mental checklists to ask myself if it was really worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I did two things today that made me feel much better. I had Lane Bryant real women dollars (spend $50 get $25 free---I had SIX of them and used all of them) It was a reminder on how far I have come and why I shouldnt give in to my old ways. I loved being able to say "Do you have this is a 14/16?" and knowing it was the smallest size they carry. I actually enjoy trying on clothes and being surprised when something fits me. I also went to Macys to look at all of the cute sundresses (I LOOOVE sundresses but haven't found too many cutes ones in plus sizes) I was looking at the tags and noticing that in the "regular" section they go up to a size 14. I tried squeezing into a 14 but it didnt quite work. Instead of being bummed out I thought "Summer is still over 2 months away, by then I will be smaller AND the dresses will be on sale!"
When I got home I made the MRC Nachos and made them to plan except I added jalapeno peppers to it (which I don't think are allowed) so it felt like a big bad cheat and was comforting without the damage that I could have done at one fast food restaurant. So what started out as a bad day ended up good after all!
What a great success story!! I bet those regular 14's will fit next month. VICTORY to you!!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
I was just catching up on the last episodes of Biggest Loser. How do those people lose so much weight each week? Their diets look reasonable. They must work out continuously, don't you think?
I believe I read on their website they work out six hours a day!!! and yes, while they lose their BIG numbers I always think "Thats not reality, most people can't work out that much in one day--7 days a week!" I am a huge fan of the show tho.
Closed Thread