Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 221.5/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi All....Congrats to all for your continued loses.

I went to WI today (today is my full Day 16 on the program) and I am down 1more pound for 7 lbs total.

I was a bit disappointed and frustrated though. I was told at my WI last Friday that when I came for my WI today, they were going to take my retake my measurements (since it will be the 2 week mark). Well they didn't and I am a bit frustrated because I have gone for 4 seperate WI's so far and each weigh in has been done by a different person (and if you count the manger who did my consult and my inital weight and measurements that makes 5). I don't feel like they are "on par" with each other. The girl told me today, they will do that later this week. Do ya'll see the same counselor each week? My days for WI's are the same each week Tuesdays and Fridays between 4:45 and 5:00. Plus, each conselor tells me something different. I had one tell me that my splitting my meat with cheese for lunch was OK. Like 4 oz meat and 2 oz cheese and then another one tell me to stop doing that, that I should only have cheese in the morning and she would prefer if I didn't at all. One tells me I can now cut back my HNS's to 3 another is till telling me to do 4 or 5 a day.

Anyways I just had to vent and wondered if anyone elses center is like mine?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]

Last edited by tmlmommy; 03-10-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Question when you make the lasagne how do you write it on your menu's since we aren't supposed to have cheese & eggs at night?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5"5

Hi, I've been lurking for some time now and getting some serious motivation from all your posts. This is a forum with such a great group of people. I feel like I know many of you. A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted a picture of me on face book, and I was stunned at how big I had gotten. I guess I had been in denial up to that point. Needless to say, I joined MRC the next day. I just finished preconditioning with a 6 lb. weight loss and lost another .6 after my first day on the first diet plan.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:56 AM   #394  
Cari

S/C/G: 304 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2ski2004 View Post
Question when you make the lasagne how do you write it on your menu's since we aren't supposed to have cheese & eggs at night?
I make the lasagna frequently to take in my lunch to work and i generally put the ingredients down like ground turkey & cheese, zucchini. Even though it's in the MRC cookbook, If i just put Lasagna I usually had to tell them what was in it anyway.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #395  
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
Hi, I've been lurking for some time now and getting some serious motivation from all your posts. This is a forum with such a great group of people. I feel like I know many of you. A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted a picture of me on face book, and I was stunned at how big I had gotten. I guess I had been in denial up to that point. Needless to say, I joined MRC the next day. I just finished preconditioning with a 6 lb. weight loss and lost another .6 after my first day on the first diet plan.
Welcome to MRC and congratulations on the weightloss so far. Keep coming back and posting for support. Also be sure to check out the recipe thread for lots of great ideas for keeping your menus interesting.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #396  
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post

I went to WI today (today is my full Day 16 on the program) and I am down 1more pound for 7 lbs total.

I was a bit disappointed and frustrated though. I was told at my WI last Friday that when I came for my WI today, they were going to take my retake my measurements (since it will be the 2 week mark). Well they didn't and I am a bit frustrated because I have gone for 4 seperate WI's so far and each weigh in has been done by a different person (and if you count the manger who did my consult and my inital weight and measurements that makes 5). I don't feel like they are "on par" with each other. The girl told me today, they will do that later this week. Do ya'll see the same counselor each week? My days for WI's are the same each week Tuesdays and Fridays between 4:45 and 5:00. Plus, each conselor tells me something different. I had one tell me that my splitting my meat with cheese for lunch was OK. Like 4 oz meat and 2 oz cheese and then another one tell me to stop doing that, that I should only have cheese in the morning and she would prefer if I didn't at all. One tells me I can now cut back my HNS's to 3 another is till telling me to do 4 or 5 a day.

I would talk to the center manager and see what they have to say. You are paying a lot of money for their support so if you are getting different answers from different people bring it to the manager's attention so it can be addressed. If you are confused, others probably are as well.

I see a different counselor at my center most of the time too but I know if I want to see a specific person, I can write their name behind mine when you sign in. If I do that, I might have to wait a little longer to see that person but you would get some consistency.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
WOW...WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I don't know why I've been soooooooo chicken to share my pics...buy the difference in your face is AMAZING!!! You're doing sooooooooooooo "good"!!!
Thanks, Carrie! Yes, we'd love to see a pic! It's nice to put a face with the name
Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #398  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Thanks, Carrie! Yes, we'd love to see a pic! It's nice to put a face with the name
I love your new picture!!! You look great!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #399  
Denise

Morning!

Welcome to all the newbies and hello to all of my friends!

I made it to stabilization on March 28th and started week one of adding foods back in on April 7th. I ended up losing 180.5 lbs and weighing 174.5 lbs so I exceeded my "initial goal" by 9 lbs. I feel really great. I was super nervous about starting stabilization so that week after making it to stab, and before meeting with my counselor for the meal plan I had to have a serious heart to heart with myself and got it all worked out. I went it there excited about this new journey, just like I was when I walked in the door at MRC.... It's all unknown, you know? But we go for it for one reason or another and I'm ready. Yesterday was my first day of "adding in" and I did just fine. No obsessing, no over doing it.... just enjoyed it and moved on.

Thanks you all for your continued support! I love each and every one of you.... and hope you have a wonderful journey! Just remember, we're always here for each other!

Love!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Morning!

I made it to stabilization on March 28th and started week one of adding foods back in on April 7th. I ended up losing 180.5 lbs and weighing 174.5 lbs so I exceeded my "initial goal" by 9 lbs. I feel really great. I was super nervous about starting stabilization so that week after making it to stab, and before meeting with my counselor for the meal plan I had to have a serious heart to heart with myself and got it all worked out. I went it there excited about this new journey, just like I was when I walked in the door at MRC.... It's all unknown, you know? But we go for it for one reason or another and I'm ready. Yesterday was my first day of "adding in" and I did just fine. No obsessing, no over doing it.... just enjoyed it and moved on.

Thanks you all for your continued support! I love each and every one of you.... and hope you have a wonderful journey! Just remember, we're always here for each other!

Love!
WOW 180.5 lbs lost!!!! THAT IS AMAZING! I am new to this forum and to MRC in general- but I have got to say that you are an inspiration! I'm interested to see how stabilization goes for you- but I have no doubts that you are going to do great! Congrats!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #401  

S/C/G: 207/189/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby63 View Post
Welcome again Shelby! It's awesome that you are getting a chance to change your life! I too was in denial about my weight gain-- we took family pictures with DH's family and when I saw the pics, I realized I looked as big, if not bigger as my SIL who was 7 months pregnant at the time. I'm so used to only seeing me from the neck up, I hadn't realized I still looked pregnant even though my baby was already 8 months old. I didn't sign up right away, but I'm sure glad I did eventually though!

WOO HOO for your weight loss! Can't wait to hear more great things from that scale!
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #402  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexasmama View Post
WOW 180.5 lbs lost!!!! THAT IS AMAZING! I am new to this forum and to MRC in general- but I have got to say that you are an inspiration! I'm interested to see how stabilization goes for you- but I have no doubts that you are going to do great! Congrats!
Thanks so much, I appreciate that!

You are going to do great as well! I look forward to seeing your success and hearing more about your journey.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #403  

S/C/G: 249/249/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlmommy View Post

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
Don't get discouraged, I also see a different person each time. They all should be on the same page as far as program. My center said to know your body, if you see weight stalled if you are splitting your meat and cheese, then don't do it and see how that week goes. My center also said it varies from person to person. For some, 3 pieces of sugarfree gum will put them out of ketosis, and for others, they can have 2 pieces of lo-carb bread and still be in ketosis. You just have to monitor your body's reaction.
I personally, only eat cheese once, in the morning. Sometimes I have a little shredded cheese on my taco for dinner and I still managed to lose 2 lbs. I don't know if I would of lost 3 or 4 lbs if I didn't put the cheese on it, who knows.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #404  
Cari

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Morning!

Love!
Congrats Denise!! you lost above and beyond your goal and starting off stabilzation wonderfully. Thanks for being such a source of inspiration and support!!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #405  

Height: 5'5"

Hello guys! I am on Day 10. I had a "cheat day" (already, i know) on Day 9. I made delicious pastries for my kids (mistake) and ate them. I picked back up. I wonder if I should push myself back one day - to make up the day I cheated or if I should push forward and go to 3rd menu when it is time. I am not going to MRC center (not one near me), so I am just using my old stuff. What do you guys recommend?

I also must brag that I ran to the park and touched the park sign (which is exactly one mile from my house); walked for a minute and ran back (slightly less than one mile)...That is two miles. I calculated the cals I burned, though, and they were just over 200. What kind of crud is that? I was pushing so hard that I thought I was going to keel over.

I hear that if you keep going, your cardiovascular endurance gets WAY better and you get to wear you could run and run (burning hundreds of calories) without getting super tired.

Any runners in here?

Please share your experience with me, also, about starting on MRC - on that second week...I am curious to hear your stories!
Closed Thread