Old 02-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Default What happens if not completely OP/1 day?

Hi everyone! I have a question about going off program for 1 day? I started on 1/22/09 and was on day 10 (blue menu). My mom got put in the hospital on Saturday midday. I ate my breakfast and had my HNS for breakfast and my supplements. When my brother called me that she had been rushed to the hospital I didn't think about my eating for the day and didn't take my pills with me. My daughter brought me her leftover lunch to eat at the hospital (chicken nachos), I mostly ate the chicken/cheese but may have had some of the tortilla chips too cause it was a little soggy. I didn't take my pills or have my HNS either. I didn't get home until almost midnight so didn't eat anything else all day. I started back the next day with green menu. Should I have restarted with the yellow menu?

My mom is fine now by the way. I am also having problems with constipation. I asked at my center and they are out of the fiber drinks so she told me to take metamucil, I hate that stuff, I only drank 1 glass ful on Sunday. Any other suggestions? I take 6 flax a day but have always had issues with constipation before.
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #2  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Hi everyone! I have a question about going off program for 1 day? I started on 1/22/09 and was on day 10 (blue menu). My mom got put in the hospital on Saturday midday. I ate my breakfast and had my HNS for breakfast and my supplements. When my brother called me that she had been rushed to the hospital I didn't think about my eating for the day and didn't take my pills with me. My daughter brought me her leftover lunch to eat at the hospital (chicken nachos), I mostly ate the chicken/cheese but may have had some of the tortilla chips too cause it was a little soggy. I didn't take my pills or have my HNS either. I didn't get home until almost midnight so didn't eat anything else all day. I started back the next day with green menu. Should I have restarted with the yellow menu?

My mom is fine now by the way. I am also having problems with constipation. I asked at my center and they are out of the fiber drinks so she told me to take metamucil, I hate that stuff, I only drank 1 glass ful on Sunday. Any other suggestions? I take 6 flax a day but have always had issues with constipation before.
Glad your mom is okay - that's what's important in the big scheme of life.
You'll probably be up a lb or two of water weight, but you never know - one day might not have done too much damage. Just get back on the wagon & that water weight will come off pretty quickly. They're all human at the center, just like we clients are, so they understand that sometimes stuff happens that makes it difficult or impossible to follow the plan perfectly.

I've used the Smooth Move diet tea when I've been constipated. The MRC internal cleanser also was great for awhile, I seem to have developed an "immunity" to it recently though, so I think I'll just using it daily.

Also, make sure you aren't just eating a bunch of lettuce & salad for your veggies - the more fiber the better. (Although romaine frequently gets things "moving" for me.)
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #3  
Restarted WW 09/14/13

S/C/G: 193.2/see ticker/152

Thanks Meemo!

I don't like too many raw veggies, so I have been eating alot of salad and also celery and cucumber. I love cooked veggies and have been eating asparagus, squash and broccoli for dinner. Now with the green menu I can have a little more veggie variety. I have also missed my apples, they always helped me with constipation before so I will have one with lunch today. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a few meal replacement shakes this week to help with that one day? I think you can have 3 a week.
NewMe2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #4  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2009 View Post
Thanks Meemo!

I don't like too many raw veggies, so I have been eating alot of salad and also celery and cucumber. I love cooked veggies and have been eating asparagus, squash and broccoli for dinner. Now with the green menu I can have a little more veggie variety. I have also missed my apples, they always helped me with constipation before so I will have one with lunch today. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a few meal replacement shakes this week to help with that one day? I think you can have 3 a week.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about the shakes yet. Just drink extra water, maybe take a B-6 or two for a couple of days to flush out any water you're retaining. And don't stress over it - stress makes you retain water too!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/222.5/165

Height: 5'7

I am glad that everything is ok w/ ur Mom and family. In a case like that, I wouldn't care about the diet. But as long as u kept it w/in moderation and not totally indulged in chocolate and grease, u will b fine.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqyTxTA/]

Last edited by junebaby; 02-02-2009 at 06:59 PM.
junebaby is offline   Reply With Quote