Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #1  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Recovery from a Slipup

So I've been doing very well for the past month (almost perfect except for a meal where I was over at someone's house with very few options, and even then I did the best I could), and then today comes, and everyone wants to go to a mexican place for lunch...one of my big problem places.

Anyhow, while I should have gotten a taco salad or something, I got the three soft tacos (meat and cheese) and ate some chips and salsa. I did tear the tops off the tortillas, though, so I really had more like 1.5 tortillas.

Anyhow, my question is this: I wasn't very hungry tonight, so I just had a HNS and two hard boiled egg whites. I'm full now, and that was really all I wanted. Was that a good idea, or should I have just stuck to the menu and had the protein/veg/starch? I'm not really sure how much of a "chemical balance" it is-- they say it is, but we are also really cutting calories (around 900-1000 per day), so I thought not having my carbs tonight might help make up for the extra tortilla and chips. I have my WI tomorrow, and I really don't want to gain...I know that what's done is done, and what the scale says really has no impact on what is actually on my body now, but I've been doing so well that I don't want the mental setback.

I'm also going to drink tons of water tomorrow to help with the water retention from the extra sodium that I assume was in my food. I did at least take the carb blockers, though, so hopefully that did something.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #2  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I don't have an answer for you but I have to sympathize as Mexican restaurants are impossible for me. I haven't stepped foot in one since starting MRC as I know I would eat off plan. And have a margarita probably, too!

All you can do is get right back on OP, like you are talking about & drink lots of water. Good luck at WI!
Finz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #3  
Started Precon 6/29/11

Well, I just got back from WI, and I'm up 1/2 lb. I think I'm definitely holding water, though, because there's a pretty big discrepancy in the ammount that went in vs. what came out . Oh well, I shouldn't have any big problems staying OP the rest of the week, so hopefully it will be all balanced out again by Friday when I go in again.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I actuallly ate at a mexican restaurant Saturday night for my wedding anniversary. I had fajitas (only having 2 tortillas) and a few chips and salsa. I drank a lot of water that day/evening and drank about 60oz yesterday and trying to drink a lot today. Based on my home scale I am up about a pound from when I weighed in last week Tuesday (and I was up a 1/2 pound then, more than likely water retention). I don't know if I will weigh in tomorrow or not. I take B6 and B12 daily (one a day) as well as my vitamins and my flax. Is there anything else I can take to help get this water weight off???? I may not weigh in until further into the week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sharisse
pamperedmomoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #5  
Started Precon 6/29/11

just keep drinking water, I think. I cheated Sunday lunch but didn't think about the water thing until night time, at which point I drank 4 glasses of water-- I didn't have to get up during the night, so I definitely hung onto it. I started really drinking on Monday and weighed midday at MRC, up half a pound since last WI. However, I kept up the water (about 2 L in a day), and this morning I was back down 1/2 lb. below where I was on Sunday, so it only took me about a day and a half to recover. Not too bad, really. I dont' go off plan often, so once a month or so won't kill me-- also, it is just water, and if you have patience it will definitely level out in the end.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

glad to hear I am not the only one that has slipped up. Weekdays are fine for me when I am home alone and can concentrate on my meals. Weekends kill me.
fattgirl is offline   Reply With Quote