3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC Help (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/148077-mrc-help.html)

dflanders407 08-02-2008 08:40 PM

MRC Help

I did MRC a couple of years ago, lost 45 lbs and 50 inches, but never got to maintenance and eventually I gained the weight back. I went in today to rejoin and was told that I cannot take Corti-Trim because I'm diabetic. I took it the entire time when I was on the program last time. They explained to me that it has chromium...which is GOOD for blood sugar levels. This does not make any sense to me. Can any one help explain this one to me? Thanks.

pbolton1 08-02-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dflanders407 (Post 2298625)
I did MRC a couple of years ago, lost 45 lbs and 50 inches, but never got to maintenance and eventually I gained the weight back. I went in today to rejoin and was told that I cannot take Corti-Trim because I'm diabetic. I took it the entire time when I was on the program last time. They explained to me that it has chromium...which is GOOD for blood sugar levels. This does not make any sense to me. Can any one help explain this one to me? Thanks.

I have no idea, but ask your Dr. You could just buy it online somewhere instead of the center. Probably much cheaper as well.

snowicedeb 08-03-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

The best thing to do is give your dr, a call anf talk to him and see what is has to say, be safe don't put your health at risk.

snowicedeb 08-03-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

The best thing to do is give your dr, a call and talk to him and see what is has to say, be safe don't put your health at risk.

wogchica 08-03-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Doesn't make sense at all!? I would ask your consultant to give you a release form for your doctor to sign... I'm sure they're doing it just because they have to! Good luck with re-starting. My mom did the same thing when she was on the program before and didn't finish maintenance... she's back on with me now and dedicated to do maintenance... Good luck we're cheering you on:carrot:

heartscry 08-03-2008 01:58 AM

There is a big debate between endocrinologists as to whether or not it is good for a diabetic to take chromium. Many do not allow diabetics to take it. So MRC is covering their butts!!!

JSTUCKLY 08-03-2008 05:09 PM

I don't have a answer for you but wanted to say Welcome Back

SassyTexan 09-02-2008 12:43 PM

I was told that if you are NOT insulin dependent, you can take it.
My center checked with my Dr. and got the go ahead. (I have Type-2)

I would agree with the ladies who also suggested you call your Doctor.

cherokee77 09-04-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

If you're able to in relation to your diabetes and the MRC diet (some are no-nos) , get your chromium naturally from these whole foods: broccoli, grape juice, whole grains, potatoes, beef, orange juice, turkey, red wine, apples, bananas, green beans, brewer's yeast, oysters, bran cereals, liver, dried garlic and basil.
Hope this helps.:)