Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/260/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Stuck in a Rut!

Hey everyone,

My name's Kendal and this is my first post here. I'm 22 and live in Roscoe, Tx. I've been doing MRC since February and cannot seem to stick with it. I hate eating breakfast and most of the time I forget to eat lunch because I don't always get lunch breaks. My husband refuses to eat vegetables, and I usually end up cooking 2 or 3 different things at dinner. School is draining me of energy and I need some willpower, encouragement, anything. I had two miscarriages, one in April, one in May, and I gained all of my weight back. I'm back on the program now, but I could've lost most of my weight already! I have to have surgery sometime next month or so to remove a lump from my breast (it's just a cyst), and the medication he's given me to get rid of the infection reacts with all the supplements from mrc! It's only 10 days but I hope it doesn't screw me over. Sorry for practically writing a short story, but I could really use some encouragement, advice, anything.

Kendal
kawright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/135-see tracker

Height: 5 ' 3"

Hi-

It sounds like there's lots going on in your life between having two miscarriages, a pending surgery, taking medication for the cyst, school and feeling the need to prepare special foods for your husband to accommodate his dislike of veggies. It seems like all of those things would make it extra hard to stick to any diet. Trying times

I don't know what kind of diet you're trying to do(not sure about what the abbreviation means) but maybe that particular diet is not a good fit for you:your emotional personality and eating personality, although any healthy diet for weight loss will have you eating breakfast and lunch. Would it be possible to pick one of those meals and start working on getting into the habit of either eating breakfast, or lunch or figuring out how to cook a dinner for yourself that works for your diet and your husband(or see if you can enlist him in problem solving how to address both of your dinner needs).

There's a book by Ellie Krieger in which she helps the reader make gradual changes over the course of 3 months to slowly build healthier habits around eating, exercise and stress reduction. I don't remember the name of the book but if you look her name up on amazon or at your local library you should be able to find the title. It's a good book with great guidelines and a very balanced approach to weight loss.

This is a great place to post-lots of wisdom and information and caring folks.
Good luck and hang in there. It may take some time, but you'll figure it out.
Ailey60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 PM   #3  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

kawright - Sorry to hear you are going through so much. Try to stick to the basics to develop long term healthy eating habits. Any diet/healthy eating plan will want you eating every 4 to 5 hours. Is it breakfast type foods you don't like or the prep time? It's so important to eat in the first hour of waking to rev your metobolism. Maybe you can make some meals ahead of time. We've got some great recipe ideas on our thread. You can modify your family favorites to make them MRC compliant. Then just add a starch for your family. Does your center have classes for behavior modification and emotional eating? Staying focused on proper eating will actually make you stronger to handle all the other things going on in your life. Please come join us on our main thread (mrc take 24). There are a lot of great people with great ideas on there. You may not be able to control all the things that are happening in your life, but you can control how you take care of yourself. Just wish I could give you a big hug right now
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

First a big hug it sounds like you have a lot going on. I strongly urge you to try and find a way to deal with your emotional issues. I know that I am an emotional eater and until I could admit how that affected my life and find other ways to deal with pain and sadness other than food no diet in the world was going to help!

As for the meal issue have you talked to your staff at MRC??? I know I have heard tell of a 2 meal plan don't know if that at all applies in the situation but perhaps one of the more knowledgable folks will know. As for the veggies, it is hard, what about getting some of the steamfresh packs for yourself. Alot of them are about 2 servings so you have one for dinner and then one for the next day. They cook in the microwave so it would be super easy to make in a flash! You can do it!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #5  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawright View Post
Hey everyone,

My name's Kendal and this is my first post here. I'm 22 and live in Roscoe, Tx. I've been doing MRC since February and cannot seem to stick with it. I hate eating breakfast and most of the time I forget to eat lunch because I don't always get lunch breaks. My husband refuses to eat vegetables, and I usually end up cooking 2 or 3 different things at dinner. School is draining me of energy and I need some willpower, encouragement, anything. I had two miscarriages, one in April, one in May, and I gained all of my weight back. I'm back on the program now, but I could've lost most of my weight already! I have to have surgery sometime next month or so to remove a lump from my breast (it's just a cyst), and the medication he's given me to get rid of the infection reacts with all the supplements from mrc! It's only 10 days but I hope it doesn't screw me over. Sorry for practically writing a short story, but I could really use some encouragement, advice, anything.

Kendal
Welcome Kendal,

You really do have a lot going on. Does your center offer any classes to help with emotional and/or stress eating? If not, look for "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" by Linda Spangle. A lot of the centers that do offer classes base them on this book.

As far as your husband goes, mine didn't always eat just like me either - he likes veggies, but he likes his taters & pasta & rice too. You can feed him whatever protein you're eating, fix your veggies & fix him a starch, & keep some fruit on hand if he'll eat that. I pretty much fed mine what I was eating, then added a starch for him (potatoes, rice, etc) if I felt like he needed a little something extra. That way you're pretty much cooking a "normal" meal - protein, starch, veggie. At times I'd fix him something simple that was totally off plan for me, and eat some of my leftovers (I'd usually cook more veggies that necessary for me) or a big salad with leftover chicken or tuna in it.

As far as breakfast goes, is it "breakfast food" you don't care for? Or the time it takes to prep? Or eating early in the morning? It's easy enough to get around the first two. If you have a hard time eating in the morning, just keep in mind that every weight loss plan and every healthy eating plan out there stresses the importance of eating something in the morning. It doesn't have to be the typical "breakfast" food. But you definitely need to eat something. Let us know what your specific issues are with breakfast and we might be able to give you more help. Same with your counselors at your center - you're paying them good money for their help & advice - USE THEM!!!

As far as the medication goes - it probably won't do any more damage than your skipping breakfast and/or lunch does. Spend this time thinking about ways you can get yourself back on track. Figure out some good on-the-fly breakfasts & lunches that can keep you on program. You can make smoothies for breakfast, lunch can be most anything if you put it in an insulated lunch bag. There are ways to do this - you just have to figure them out & commit yourself to them. You can do this!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote