MRC - Take 22

You're on Page 2 of 33
Go to
  • I am officially on stabalization. I have my week 1 menu, and I get to add a new starch, 3 days a week for lunch. I am a bit nervous for the new menu. But I am totally pre planning everything, so crossing my fingers that this first week goes well. Today starts the new menu.

I totally see how this program walks with you until the end, no others will hold your hand, and teach you how to eat again. Learning how much your body can really eat is essential to long term weightloss.
  • Donuts...if you are out there lingering....I could use a good vote of your knowledge during this new era of learning. I know you should be going into your maintenance menu now, and I would really like to get some questions anwsered about the next few weeks. My center just keeps telling me to relax and everything will be ok. Ha..me relax!! I am so worried that I am going to mess up this miraculous change that I have undergone.
  • Quote: I am officially on stabalization. I have my week 1 menu, and I get to add a new starch, 3 days a week for lunch. I am a bit nervous for the new menu. But I am totally pre planning everything, so crossing my fingers that this first week goes well. Today starts the new menu.

I totally see how this program walks with you until the end, no others will hold your hand, and teach you how to eat again. Learning how much your body can really eat is essential to long term weightloss.
    Are your portion sizes the same? Do you still use the HNS? I think my center said that you still tend to lose on stablization--they said I can start it when I am 7 lbs from my goal weight. I would be a bit nervous, too--we've gotten so used to this one now!
  • Quote: Are your portion sizes the same? Do you still use the HNS? I think my center said that you still tend to lose on stablization--they said I can start it when I am 7 lbs from my goal weight. I would be a bit nervous, too--we've gotten so used to this one now!
    Portions are the same and yes, you still use the HNS for the 6 weeks of stabilization, they just slowly start taking them away, down to 1. Yes my center says that I will lose 6-8 pounds on stabilization. You are right, I have just gotten so comfortable with my menu, that I think it is hard to start adding foods that have been off limits until now. Like for this week, I have a choice of potato/sweet potato, popcorn, dry cereal, pasta, rice, and some other things. But silly me, I looked at the list, and just used a black sharpie, and crossed of the things that I knew were trigger foods for me...ie angel food cake, animal crackers, saltines, pasta, graham crackers. Things that I knew would be hard to stop at just 1 small serving. In my mind, I think there will be certain foods that I just don't even want to incorporate back into my healthy eating. I mean, I have been able to change my lifestyle for the last 8 months, why not for forever. My counselor said it was fine to cross of the trigger foods, but to make sure that I do choose some foods to add back in. I think it will be great to have a baked potato, or a baked sweet potato, so I am safely going to choose 1 of those this week, and I think for the other 2 days, I will have a wrap/pita for lunch with my tuna as a nice change over tuna on salad.
  • Originally Posted this on 21 - Thought I would move it here since I think 22 was already started.

Quote:
    Personal update. I'm very frustrated with the diet right now. I'm boycotting some of the pills b/c I just can't take them all anymore and EVERYTIME I go in there they want me to take something else (or they mention something that I should "put in my pocket" to think about for next time, or once I'm in stablilization).

I feel like I'm doing the best I can and following the rules and the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 weeks again. I was so hoping to be at goal by now (original goal of 130) but I'm stuck @ 138 and I REALLY want to go lower (like 120-123). UGH! Then I get mad and eat what I want, b/c THAT will help. I've done well all week and then @ lunch I had 1/3 of a hamburger and about a 1/4 cup of fries from Bennigans (after I had eaten most of my salad with real dressing on it). I, at least, took some carb blockers when I realized I was going to cave, but still. This self-sabotage sucks!
    Rocki - you can do this! The scale has not moved but maybe you are losing inches!
    Quote: I wanted to let you all know I hit the 70lb board I am so on cloud nine I now weigh 174.5 yeah . I started stabalization today. they are going to do my measurements next week.
    Congradulations on all of yu that lost this week. melanie
    Melanie - Congrats on the 70 lb board. That is awesome.
    Quote: Hi, everyone-

I am new to the program (just started yesterday) and am excited, nervous, a little doubtful right now. I've been reading through this forum and am so grateful to have found it. The support here is fantastic and you have answered so many of my questions already.

I'm in the 'detox' week now and am amazed at how much food I have to eat (way more than I usually do). I purchased the vitamin, flax, MRC-6 and MSM, but didn't buy the other supplements that were recommended (quite pricey...).

Anyway, I guess I'm skeptical at this point because I faithfully followed the Sonoma diet for the past two years and lost 20 pounds, but fell of the wagon last November and gained all of it, plus a little, back. That's the story of my life (and I can see I'm in good company!!). I have a hard time believing that I'm going to drop a minimum of 3 pounds per week. That's NEVER happened to me before on any of the plans I've been on, like WW, which I followed religiously, even with regular exercise.

Is it the supplements that make the weight loss possible? I don't want to get my hopes up and lose my motivation...

Thanks!
    Welcome - This is a great program and a great forum!
    Quote: Hi all and WELCOME country mamma!!Well i went in today to get weighed and measured and since march 22nd i have lost 26.4 pounds and 26.5 inches! I thought that was awsome i did re-sign for another 17 weeks so i plan to lose alot more! I just want all you to know that i could not have done it without all your help and encouragment!
    Way to go! Glad you re-signed.
    Quote: I inherited several loose packets of FiberFill without any instructions. How do these fit into the program? Do they replace an HNS? Is there a limit on how many you can drink in a day or week, like the creamies? Also, the packets are smaller than the creamies/HNS, so how much water is ideal for mixing them up?
    You can have 3 per day on the green menu. They say if you need help going to the bathroom to drink them with food. Otherwise just drink them in between to fill you up. I mix them with about a cup of water.
    Quote: Hi everyone, I went to the emergency room late last night and had to get pain meds, vicodin and 800mg motrin, for a wicked bad toothache. It was so bad I had to leave work early yesterday. I didn't sleep at all last night, the meds didn't start working until early in the morning.. and I've been a little out of it since then... anyway I've been staying on plan though.... just haven't taken any of the supplements, except for the hns my multi-vitamin. I'll be back to normal once I see the dentist on Monday.

Hey is spaghetti squash supposed to be crunchy? I cooked my spaghetti squash, at least I thought I did, but it was crunchy when I ate it.

And how often are we supposed to be measured? I'm on day 20-something and haven't been measured yet. And is there a 10 lb board?
    Sorry about the toothache. Hope you feel better soon! As for the spaghetti squash - it shouldn't be crunchy. When you cook it you should be able to poke a fork in it really easy and scrape the strands with the fork easily.

A little update on me - Started the week .5 from the 30 lb board. I was facing many challenges and winning. Then Monday morning TOM. Started both Mon and Tues on plan - did not end OP. Wed got back in the saddle one more time and stayed OP. Friday WI still .5 form 30lb board. But then I got sick. A stomach virus that I got from my son. So Fri and Sat were way off plan. Trying to get back on today. But still feeling a little off. Maybe that .5 will be mine anyway tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Quote: I am not speaking from experience, as my spaghetti squash is still sitting on my kitchen cabinet taunting me. However, when I looked this veggie up on Fabulousfoods.com, it gave several different cooking methods:

BAKE - pierce shell several times and cook 1 hour in an oven preheated to 375

BOIL - use a pot big enough to hold the entire squash, drop squash into boiling water and boil 20 to 30 minutes or until tender with a fork

MICROWAVE - cut squash in half lengthwise, place cut sides up in microwavable dish in 1/4 cup of water, cover with plastic wrap, cook on high 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, let stand covered for five minutes before scraping with fork

SLOW COOKER - Add 2 cups of water to slow cooker, pierce shell several times, cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours

Maybe I'll get around to trying one of these methods soon, and I'll let you know if I have crunchy squash-LOL! Other than the explosion and the crunch, did you like it?
    My personal preference is baking it - they can be really hard to cut in half when they're raw so I take the easy route! Might cook mine for lunch if the power comes back on!
  • Quote: I did not pierce my squash first - I don't think the little sticker instructions told me to do that! Live and learn I guess....

Your pizza sounds really good - I may have to give it a try myself! I've been really missing my buttery, garlic potatoes, but I think I've found a decent substitute. I've been slicing up zuccheni (can't spell it) and fresh mushrooms and then I crush a clove of garlic and fry them in a tbs of olive oil - I then add a little bit of ICNINB spray and some Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning - yummy!! I just love this - it's not my beloved potatoes, but it's working for me!
    Try doing cauliflower that way - Steam of boil cauliflower until it is VERY soft (20 - 30 minutes). Put it in a strainer or a sieve and mash as much of the water out as possible. You can add cloves of garlic if you want. Mash them up like potatoes. (This is a low-carb recipe, of course you can use cream & butter when you're low-carbing, but some ICBINB or Molly McButter could substitute.)
  • Quote: Portions are the same and yes, you still use the HNS for the 6 weeks of stabilization, they just slowly start taking them away, down to 1. Yes my center says that I will lose 6-8 pounds on stabilization. You are right, I have just gotten so comfortable with my menu, that I think it is hard to start adding foods that have been off limits until now. Like for this week, I have a choice of potato/sweet potato, popcorn, dry cereal, pasta, rice, and some other things. But silly me, I looked at the list, and just used a black sharpie, and crossed of the things that I knew were trigger foods for me...ie angel food cake, animal crackers, saltines, pasta, graham crackers. Things that I knew would be hard to stop at just 1 small serving. In my mind, I think there will be certain foods that I just don't even want to incorporate back into my healthy eating. I mean, I have been able to change my lifestyle for the last 8 months, why not for forever. My counselor said it was fine to cross of the trigger foods, but to make sure that I do choose some foods to add back in. I think it will be great to have a baked potato, or a baked sweet potato, so I am safely going to choose 1 of those this week, and I think for the other 2 days, I will have a wrap/pita for lunch with my tuna as a nice change over tuna on salad.
    You're really smart to leave off your trigger foods - I really never should've started back eating peanut butter - I KNOW what a huge trigger it is for me. You'll do great through stabilization & maintenance!
  • Hi, everyone-

That squash story cracked me up. If it makes you feel any better, I once started my microwave on fire cooking chicken in it...melted a hole right through the bottom.

Quick question- do any of you have recommendations for caffeine withdrawal? I started the pre-conditioning diet and have been drinking my decaf coffee, but ended up in bed for two hours yesterday with a splitting headache. I've been taking motrin, but it hasn't been doing much.

Thanks!
  • Quote: Hi, everyone-

That squash story cracked me up. If it makes you feel any better, I once started my microwave on fire cooking chicken in it...melted a hole right through the bottom.

Quick question- do any of you have recommendations for caffeine withdrawal? I started the pre-conditioning diet and have been drinking my decaf coffee, but ended up in bed for two hours yesterday with a splitting headache. I've been taking motrin, but it hasn't been doing much.

Thanks!
    Are you still on pre conditioning? If so, you can do half regular half decaf for 1 or 2 days, then slowly take away the caffeine. Even if you do this into your first menu week, that should be fine. I was a HUGE coffee drinker, I drank 6-8 cups a day of the hard stuff (starbucks brand..I brewed at home). I slowly took myself off of regular coffee by doing it half and half for the first week, then reduced to 1/4 regular to 3/4 decaf..then so on. I didn't have such a huge caffeine withdrawl because of it. Now, I still enjoy a few cups of coffee (but of course strictly decaf now), but truly I think it is mental as to why I still drink it (cuz it isn't for the caffeine fix), plus I just love the taste of a good cup of coffee. I wasn't a soda drinker before, so that wasn't a problem, sweet tea is my second evil drink Now, I have found Crystal Light lemon flavored Decaf iced tea. I drink that 1 time a day, usually with dinner. Hope this helps.
  • Quote: You're really smart to leave off your trigger foods - I really never should've started back eating peanut butter - I KNOW what a huge trigger it is for me. You'll do great through stabilization & maintenance!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! I thought I was being silly, but the more I think about it, I think it is best for me to steer clear of my arch enemies (pasta, cake, crackers, etc). LOL
  • Thanks, Goal4Life- that helps a lot. I thought I had to go cold turkey and it's KILLING me! You'd think I'd given up smoking by how grumpy I am!

You sure look fantastic. What an amazing accomplishment- way to go! The women on this blog are truly an inspiration.
  • Good morning all, just a quick check in befor lunch as of this morning i am down another pound which puts me at 217! Hope everyone is doing good i will ck back after lunch.
  • Back from WI. Down 1 lb. Signed the 30 lb board. And actually made the goal weight that we initially set when I signed. But I am not quite ready to say I am done. Went shopping yesterday and bought size 10 pants. Really happy about that. I do not know when the last time was that I could wear a 10.
  • CONGRATS WORKING MOM!!!! A 10 is awsome i would love to be in a 10 right now that has always been my goal size, i have not been a 10 since i was 18 i think maybe younger ..lol what size were you when you started if you dont mind me asking?