Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #76  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok, I'm having a really hard time understanding the problem with cooked tomatoes. I found a box of diced tomatoes from Italy at Walmart this weekend ( mostly soupy, like stewed) with No Sodium, and only 4 grams of sugar in the WHOLE box. I made a turkey chilli with it today, and it will make 4 servings, so that is LESS than 1 gram of sugar per serving. Does anybody else know why this is besides the fact that they want us to use their tomato supplements???

Thanks for the help!!
I'm kinda with you on that one - it never made much sense to me. I think the biggest issue would be if you were using them in a recipe - a casserole or something - it's hard to control the amount you're getting unless you make a single serving. But overall, it just never passed the logic test for me. (That's not the only thing I've felt that way about with the program, but I still lost my weight!)

Then again, most of the time if I start thinking I'm "smarter" than they are, I get myself in trouble! As far as buying the supplements - I used to think the recipes were just a way to get me to buy more. Then I realized it was a way to increase the variety of supplements - I need the same amount whether I'm getting it through a clear or a creamy or a soup. It's just a way to keep me from getting as bored with our HNS.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Wow! You have all been busy yesterday and today. I would comment but everyone has done such a great job answering questions and giving ideas!

I had WI this morning and.......I......lost.....4 lbs! That is since Monday! WOOHOO That is 6 pounds since Friday! I have one pound left to get to where I was in January!

My consultant encouraged me to set new goals since I have met and maintained the 3 from two weeks ago. I am not exercising right now, so I told her my goal was to get under 300 and I would start exercising. My weight goal is to make 40 pounds lost! I will get those written in my folder.

This group has made the difference between failure and success for me. I can't thank you all enough for the support. I promise to never leave again! If any of you lurkers out there are struggling or need support, please let us know. My problem was that when I was struggling, I didn't want to admit my mess ups, but I now realize if people in this group don't understand, then no one will!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #78  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Meemo or snflrgirl--

Thanks so much for the Beware the Feeder tips. I looked through my paperwork, and I do not have a copy of this sheet. Would one of you mind posting it or somehow sending it my way?

Thanks also for the book referral. I'll look online this evening and see if I can round it up. I'm afraid enforcing boundaries is still a challenge for me!
I just sent you a PM ...
Old 06-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I'm kinda with you on that one - it never made much sense to me. I think the biggest issue would be if you were using them in a recipe - a casserole or something - it's hard to control the amount you're getting unless you make a single serving. But overall, it just never passed the logic test for me. (That's not the only thing I've felt that way about with the program, but I still lost my weight!)

Then again, most of the time if I start thinking I'm "smarter" than they are, I get myself in trouble! As far as buying the supplements - I used to think the recipes were just a way to get me to buy more. Then I realized it was a way to increase the variety of supplements - I need the same amount whether I'm getting it through a clear or a creamy or a soup. It's just a way to keep me from getting as bored with our HNS.
Thanks Meemo. When I first started this program, I told myself that I was going to go into pretending I had an IQ of 50 and just do what they say, no questions asked. But sometimes, I just have to!! LOL. Well, as long as I'm 97%, I'm ok with that. I don't tweak anything else, and I haven't tried the Tomato HNS, so maybe I'll get some of those and try them too.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #80  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone , i am coming here to hold my self accountable for my actions..if most of you remember i attended a quinceanera this sat and was so sure i was gonna be op the whole time after signing the 20 pound board, well i did ok sat food wise but ended up having 4 drinks... sugury drinks at that ! Then sunday (Fathers day) Again ate off plan, mon and tues too while at home with my 2 sick girls...I cant believe how one off plan day led to FOUR OFF PLAN DAYS!!!! Well i am op so far today and feeling way better . I felt awful waking up the days i ate off plan but yet i continued to do so..WHY??? I was making up excuses because i had family from out of town staying with me that came down for the party , Funny thing once they left i felt all the guilt, started with the "how could you do this to your self" thoughts and had no problem coming to work and getting back to plan but who knows how today would have gone if i did not come to work. Anyways i needed to come here and tell the truth so i could be accountable by the way the at home scale shows a 5 POUND gain!! I will definetly not be doing this again it was not worth it!! Congrats to all who have stayed op ,and to all who had a loss this week ! I will wi on sat so im sure there will be a gain at the center too but i am going to do my best to follow plan to the "T" . Thanks for listening everyone i feel alot better being truthful,Have a great afternoon i will check back later.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #81  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
[B]
Yeah...I can't just stop with at few squirts either. That's why I don't do well with the Salad Spritzers either. But, I don't use ICBINB on my veggies. I only use it when I have toast. So, doing it every day may have an affect. I really don't know. We are all sensitive to different things making us go out of ketosis it seems, so it may very well be something you can get away with that someone else may not. Just watch you losses - if you aren't losing much try laying off the ICBINB & see if it makes a difference. I love cheese, but figured out that very much of it makes me stall.

Sorry couldn't be of more help on that one.
No, you were a HUGE help, thank you!! That makes sense, I need to learn my body and what works and what doesn't work for me.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:59 PM   #82  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
If you'all can believe it, I may be waving goodbye to the 170's!!! I haven't gotten to go wi since I got back in town, but my scale is reading 169.2!!! This is amazing, I was so worried about going out of town this time, but I managed to stay on plan, and skipped a delicious looking Cappachino Blast cake that my sister chose from a specialty bakery for her graduation!!! Devil that she is LOL. Now I have to survive the beach this coming weekend!!
Woo hoo that's awesome! I'm truly impressed that you were able to stay on plan while on vacation! How did you do it? I don't dare to eat out anywhere for fear of going off plan.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #83  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Girl...I was a SWEET Magnet before MRC!! Trust me when I say, you are better off if you stay away from them. I haven't touched a single sweet since Oct, and I can honestly say that I have no cravings for them. I lost my cravings after about the first or second month of being on plan. I am one of the ones that knows the B L T's don't work for them. I just can't even have a taste, or I dive off the cliff into Willy Wonka'ville LOL
Keep up the dedication, and you will get to your goals!
Thanks for giving me hope, I can't wait until the cravings go away! I am almost 2 weeks in and it's getting easier but I still crave something sweet every day
All I can say is thank goodness for the lemon chiffon and double chocolate pudding HNS's, they are my life savers right now!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:19 PM   #84  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
That's exactly what he called in! I'm starting tomorrow. Your center didn't recommend making any menu adjustments to accomodate the meds, did it?

I notice you live in Lincoln. I went to UNL one semester and loved the town! I really miss those Runzas!
No adjustment to the food but I can't have the All Day something something pills, the ones that people say works the best for giving you energy and helping you lose weight. When they told me that I thought, just my luck lol.

Hypo is the opposite of Hyper... with Hypo our thyroids don't produce enough of the hormone, so we have to take synthetic thyroid (thus 'synthroid'). Hyper thyroids produce too much of they hormone, so those people can eat all day long and never gain an ounce. May sound nice but for them it's not, and a lot of them end up removing their thyroid and taking synthroid for the rest of their lives. There's more to it then that but that's the extent of my knowledge.

I just moved to Lincoln in January, I lived in Omaha/La Vista for about 8 years before that. I really like Lincoln, the downtown area is always full of people. Yeah Runzas, aren't they great
Old 06-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #85  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperedmomoftwins View Post
I can not figure out how to update my tracker to show the recent amount of weight that I lost. Any idea how to do that?? Maybe I need to switch tickers.

Sharisse
I go to User CP, edit signature, go to where you enter you signature/ticker, etc., find the part about your "slider"... (there will be 3 numbers...beginning/goal/current), just change your current weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Wow! You have all been busy yesterday and today. I would comment but everyone has done such a great job answering questions and giving ideas!

I had WI this morning and.......I......lost.....4 lbs! That is since Monday! WOOHOO That is 6 pounds since Friday! I have one pound left to get to where I was in January!
6 Pounds in less than a week! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks Meemo. When I first started this program, I told myself that I was going to go into pretending I had an IQ of 50 and just do what they say, no questions asked. But sometimes, I just have to!! LOL. Well, as long as I'm 97%, I'm ok with that. I don't tweak anything else, and I haven't tried the Tomato HNS, so maybe I'll get some of those and try them too.
I use the tomato HNS for chili, stuffed peppers, taco meat, etc... I don't mind the flavor when I use it in recipes. It's pretty bland, so I spice it up.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #86  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi everyone , i am coming here to hold my self accountable for my actions..if most of you remember i attended a quinceanera this sat and was so sure i was gonna be op the whole time after signing the 20 pound board, well i did ok sat food wise but ended up having 4 drinks... sugury drinks at that ! Then sunday (Fathers day) Again ate off plan, mon and tues too while at home with my 2 sick girls...I cant believe how one off plan day led to FOUR OFF PLAN DAYS!!!! Well i am op so far today and feeling way better . I felt awful waking up the days i ate off plan but yet i continued to do so..WHY??? I was making up excuses because i had family from out of town staying with me that came down for the party , Funny thing once they left i felt all the guilt, started with the "how could you do this to your self" thoughts and had no problem coming to work and getting back to plan but who knows how today would have gone if i did not come to work. Anyways i needed to come here and tell the truth so i could be accountable by the way the at home scale shows a 5 POUND gain!! I will definetly not be doing this again it was not worth it!! Congrats to all who have stayed op ,and to all who had a loss this week ! I will wi on sat so im sure there will be a gain at the center too but i am going to do my best to follow plan to the "T" . Thanks for listening everyone i feel alot better being truthful,Have a great afternoon i will check back later.
Water. water. water! You didn't eat 5 lbs worth of food (at least I doubt you did!) - you're just retaining water from the extra sugar, etc. So drink lots of extra water, maybe take an extra B-6 for the next day or two, eat lots of cucumbers. Flush that water out & stay on program & it'll be gone in no time!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Height: 5'4"

Alexiah You are back on track and that is what matters! Take it from me....don't let it prevent you from getting back on! You will have to fight those urges again, so do as our sage Meemo says. Many of us have been there. Make sure you are writing down what you eat...having a truthful food journal is important. You might also try and write down why you want to eat when you are craving. I know that has helped me to analyze my feelings. I know it is emotional so I have to identify the emotion I am feeling (like frightened the night of the tornado) and then find something else to deal with the emotion! I usually get on this board or play a computer game with a pitcher of water next to me!

You can do it Alexiah!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #88  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks meemo and karen! I am back on track and going to take all your advice!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 PM   #89  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

alexiah - I had a similiar weekend. Out of town for a wedding, didn't have good choices and then made some bad ones on purpose. I jumped on the scale on Monday with a 4 lb gain. Thought, oh well, just get back on. I went in the center to wi and it officially was a 4lb gain. I fessed up and said "what's done is done and I'm back op!" I'm already down those 4 lbs as of this morning. Don't sweat it! The important thing is to get right back on. This isn't a short term plan for me. It's a long term life change and I'm not perfect. The important thing is to catch yourself and stop the slide as quickly as possible. Brush yourself off and get back to eating the way that makes you feel great!!

Karen, way to go. I'm so proud of you!!

Last edited by ShineOn; 06-18-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #90  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Woo hoo that's awesome! I'm truly impressed that you were able to stay on plan while on vacation! How did you do it? I don't dare to eat out anywhere for fear of going off plan.
My trick to eating out is to only look at the salad section of the menu or if we are at a seafood restaurant, I will look at the grilled/broiled sections. Once I find something that I like and will be on plan, I see if it needs tweaked in anyway by the chef. Then I put my menu down, and ignore what others order. When I am out of town, I do try to max out my HNS also to help with staying on plan and making good choices.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 06-19-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Closed Thread