Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #16  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
Congratulations to all:

Those with big loses: can you tell me what you eat in a typical day? What is a sample of your menu. I have a hard time trying to put things together that are on plan. If someone tells me eat this at this time, I can follow it closely. Thanks for the support and help.
I always just chose from the lists - fish was always a good protein for me at lunch when I was trying to kick up the loss rate or break a plateau. Lots of cucumbers for my salads so they weren't so honkin' big. I almost always ate (and still do eat) either one boiled egg + cheese toast or two boiled eggs + cinnamon toast for breakfast. Supper - lots of grilled chicken, sometimes buffalo burgers. Berries are good for lunchtime fruit, or cantaloupe or honeydew (lowest glycemic impact, which is kinda what the whole list of fruits/veggies is based on). Same thing with bread - if you can find the bread with the lowest usable carbs (if you can get Nature's Own Double Fiber bread in your area it's great) it helps with cravings, etc, because it has the least impact on your blood sugar.

Not sure if that's the kind of info you're looking for - they pretty much lay your choices out for you with the lists & menus - what specifically do you need help with?

Last edited by Meemo; 06-17-2008 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I hate typos
Old 06-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #17  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttobeskinny View Post
Congratulations to all:

Those with big loses: can you tell me what you eat in a typical day? What is a sample of your menu. I have a hard time trying to put things together that are on plan. If someone tells me eat this at this time, I can follow it closely. Thanks for the support and help.

I doubt I can count myself as having a "true" big loss since I'm only on day 4 and like namaste said--it's probally mostly water weight. But I've followed the yellow menu to a T. Very basic food - and I drink 4 HNS a day as well. But time will tell for me if I can stick with the program!

Good luck!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #18  
Sharon

S/C/G: 255

Height: 5'5"

Hello all...

Just got back from WI and a recheck with the Dr. I was down another 2.4 lbs. for the week. I am now at 47.4 lbs. total. I am so happy about the loss. We stayed with some friends over the weekend and I had trouble staying on plan. However, I got right back OP Monday. The Dr. was very impressed with my weight loss, blood pressure (no more BP medication....YEAH!!!!), heart and lungs, blood glucose levels, and inches lost. That made me feel good to know that I am getting healthier!

So I had a great NSV over the weekend. It has always been my dream to learn to scuba dive, but I was always too afraid to do it because I was soooooo big and had health problems (BP and borderline diabetic). I was afraid there wouldn't be a wetsuit big enough to fit me and that when I went to the class they would laugh and tell me I was too overweight to dive. But I DID IT this weekend! I didn't have any problems and didn't feel too selfconcious in the wetsuit. I actually wasn't the biggest person there and I fit into an XL wetsuit. We are going to Aruba and Curacao in two weeks and I GET TO DIVE there!! I can't believe it! I wouldn't have even thought about doing it 47 lbs ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
I have bee a little disappointed that things have been going slower than I like then I had to remember that I am doing this for my health. One thing I found in the past is that when the losing lbs seems slow, I know that my insides are healing. Our bodies cannot do it all at the same time! Yesterday when I went to WI my blood pressure was lower than it had been in months. Now that is what I am talking about! Also my blood glucose levels have been lowering. Those are two of the main reasons I want to lose weight.

Just remember when the plateaus are happening, it doesn't mean something good is not going on, we just can't always see it!

Don't get discouraged. You are doing great and getting healthier! Congratulations on the lower blood pressure and glucose levels! That is totally awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Namaste Thanks so much. I wish I had stuck with it like you! However, it is what it is and I am back on track!

Keep up the good work!! Take it one day at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Good Morning everyone! Well this is day 4 for me OP and I had my first weigh in since Friday.....I was down 6lbs!!!!! WHOO-HOO!! I guess all my griping about eating salads is paying off. I'll go in again on Friday, but doubt I'll hit more that 1 or 2 then....it can't keep coming off in such big amts can it? Even though I lost 6 I can't tell it yet in my pants or anything, that dissappoints me a little. I still feel bloated kinda - maybe from all the veggies? Anyway.....I'll check in later!
6 lbs. Holy Cow!! That is awesome!! I couldn't really tell in my clothing until I hit about 30 lbs. Just stick with the program and the clothing sizes will drop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks for the reminder K!! I have been a little discouraged too because my scale only shows about 2lbs for this week ( I weigh in tomorrow), but while reading your post, it made me realize that when I went to the Dr. last Friday, I was down 34 lbs since I was there last year and my blood pressure, though never high, was really good, like 110/70, so I have to remember it's not always about the scale, it's other things as well, and I have to keep telling myself, that NO ONE gets fat eating chicken, salad, eggs, fruit, and turkey!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so right....it is not all about the scale! You are doing fantastic....Keep it up!

Congrats to anyone I missed!

Last edited by snflrgrl1962; 06-17-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:18 PM   #19  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
I doubt I can count myself as having a "true" big loss since I'm only on day 4 and like namaste said--it's probally mostly water weight. But I've followed the yellow menu to a T. Very basic food - and I drink 4 HNS a day as well. But time will tell for me if I can stick with the program!

Good luck!
Oh, you better count that as a BIG loss!!! Shoot... I don't care what kind of loss it is, if the scale moves, it's a loss!!!! YOU GET EXCITED! I am! Don't take what I said the wrong way..... You need to be jumping up and down! This is you, changing your life! You will keep having big losses, small losses, plateaus, and likely... some small gains.... and you'll fit right in with all of us! You smile and keep your chin up, and CELEBRATE! YOU are DOING this!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #20  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Hello all...
Just got back from WI and a recheck with the Dr. I was down another 2.4 lbs. for the week. I am now at 47.4 lbs. total.
So I had a great NSV over the weekend. It has always been my dream to learn to scuba dive, but I was always too afraid to do it because I was soooooo big and had health problems (BP and borderline diabetic). I was afraid there wouldn't be a wetsuit big enough to fit me and that when I went to the class they would laugh and tell me I was too overweight to dive. But I DID IT this weekend!
6 lbs. Holy Cow!! That is awesome!! I couldn't really tell in my clothing until I hit about 30 lbs. Just stick with the program and the clothing sizes will drop!
Hello!!! And congrats!!!! Great job! You are doing wonderfully! And what a great NSV. I bet that was so exciting! What an amazing freedom; to get in that wetsuit and scuba!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

See.... I couldn't tell until about 30lbs either.... It took me forever to drop a size too! I could have screamed!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #21  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Oh, you better count that as a BIG loss!!! Shoot... I don't care what kind of loss it is, if the scale moves, it's a loss!!!! YOU GET EXCITED! I am! Don't take what I said the wrong way..... You need to be jumping up and down! This is you, changing your life! You will keep having big losses, small losses, plateaus, and likely... some small gains.... and you'll fit right in with all of us! You smile and keep your chin up, and CELEBRATE! YOU are DOING this!

Oh - I didn't take what you said as anything bad. I just find it hard to believe I could lose that much so quickly as well. I too think it could be water weight...but since I drink easily over 100oz of water a day, I'm not sure about that either. Like you said a loss is a loss, I don't care where it comes from! Thanks for the support!
Old 06-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in. Congrats on the losses. I WI today for a 2lb loss. That puts me at 27.5. I think I have finally got off of my plateau. I have recommitted myself to the program since I only have a few weeks left. Doing medi-quick this week again. But I am hungry this time. I wasn't last time. Oh well! Like I said I am totally committed. Maybe I will have a big week this week. I am trying to eat all my vegetables raw this week. But that is a lot of veggies.

Good Luck to everyone this week.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

I forgot to add that my goal weight on the tanita keeps dropping too. They told me as long as you were in a healthy fat % you did not need to worry about that.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 PM   #24  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I don't consider myself one that gets big losses very often. But wanted to tell you what works for me.

I am pretty consistant (say 4 days out of the week) with 2 boiled eggs & toast at breakfast. And, grilled chicken salad at lunch, with usually an orange or strawberries. Dinner varies...it's the one meal I mix it up.

The other 3 days at breakfast & lunch, I'll do a MRB or 2 oz. cheese, or leftovers from the night before for lunch (chicken, broccoli, stuffed peppers, etc.)

Hope that helps you a little...

Also, I do my HNS between my meals to stave off any hunger. I don't do creamies (but, I've heard they sustain you longer).

Typically on the really long days at work I will have HNS at 5:30, breakfast at 6:00, HNS at 9:30, lunch at about 11:30, HNS at 2:30 & 5:00 & dinner at 7:00.
Ok question, do you not have an HNS with your meals like the menu says you have to? Because, funny, I got my new menu yesterday and now with all this food I was thinking, to myself, 'Why am I adding additional calories and protein with the HNS when the meal itself is enough to fill me up'. I have long days at work like you (up at 5 am, hour commute to work, work 7 am - 5:30 pm, home by 7 pm, dinner by 8 pm, bed) so I think I will have to try your way, it makes more sense to me.

I eat pretty much the same as you too. I was doing (on the yellow and blue menu) 1 egg 1 slice of toast and 1/2 orange for breakfast, and a chix salad for lunch. Now that I'm on the green menu I have the whole orange with lunch, and 2 eggs instead of 1. Dinner is either more chicken with a steamed veggie or fish with a steamed veggie. Only once did I have steak, but it was so thin and dry. Oh and I bought those turkey brats and had those once, but it was so good I ate over my 4 ounces so I put the rest away in the freezer lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #25  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Goal weight .... I had a weird thing happen at the center .... they set my goal weight at 167 .... and now as I've gotten closer, they are setting it lower and lower every time --- it's down to 137# --- whaaaaaaat? I didn't weigh anything close to that in high school (35 years ago) when I was a cheerleader and in terrific shape! ... I know I don't have the frame to weigh that. She said it's all about body comp. I just find it weird they keep lowering and lowering it by that much. It's just another one of those things that doesn't make sense to me -- I have a lot of those. lol

Has that happened to any of you?
When I stopped exercising for a few months, my muscle tone went down and my goal range moved to 145 - 165. So when I signed up again it was time for a new body comp. I had only been working out hard for a couple weeks. I already had it in my head that I wanted to be in the middle for weight range, so I told them my new goal was 160, not 180. They did the comp and it read my new range as 155 - 175. I immediately panicked thinking I had set my weight too low. They said my body would let them know when I hit the ideal range. I'm still getting my work outs in, but I'm plateauing a lot more now - 2 weeks this time. Just when I think I've reached my level, I remind myself that the "muffin top" will go down with that last 15 lbs!! I'm trying to focus on the health and firming up so the inches around the waist will go down. That's the most dangerous area to carry weight. So, in a very winded response, yes, that has happened to me
Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 PM   #26  
Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
So I had a great NSV over the weekend. It has always been my dream to learn to scuba dive, but I was always too afraid to do it because I was soooooo big and had health problems (BP and borderline diabetic). I was afraid there wouldn't be a wetsuit big enough to fit me and that when I went to the class they would laugh and tell me I was too overweight to dive. But I DID IT this weekend! I didn't have any problems and didn't feel too selfconcious in the wetsuit. I actually wasn't the biggest person there and I fit into an XL wetsuit. We are going to Aruba and Curacao in two weeks and I GET TO DIVE there!! I can't believe it! I wouldn't have even thought about doing it 47 lbs ago!
THAT IS AWESOME!! These are the kind of things to hold on tight to during tough times. Nothing compares to that kind of freedom. The numbers on the scale will fluxuate, but these kind of memories are priceless!!! Thank you so much for sharing that. I still click on my parasailing photos (and that was right around the 50 lb lost mark). I vividly remember the freedom I felt and the sense of pride & accomplishment. I had always wanted to parasail, but I was over the weight limit and would have felt ridicious before. Would love to see a photo in your profile - I'm sure the weight loss is really starting to show.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205.5/171.5/145

Height: 5'4.5"

I just have time for a quick post as I have some cleaning to do but wanted to say I weighed in for the first time since last week Tuesday and I am down another 2 pounds for a total of 9 pounds lost in 30 days!! They measured me today too and I have lost 7.75 inches!!! Not too shabby!!! It is my goal to be OP every day the rest of this week starting tomorrow since I ate a few things off plan today.

Also - can you take all your vitamins and flax at one time, say for instance at breakfast?? I have been really bad at remembering to take them.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #28  
Gina

Quote:
Good Morning everyone! Well this is day 4 for me OP and I had my first weigh in since Friday.....I was down 6lbs!!!!! WHOO-HOO!! I guess all my griping about eating salads is paying off. I'll go in again on Friday, but doubt I'll hit more that 1 or 2 then....it can't keep coming off in such big amts can it? Even though I lost 6 I can't tell it yet in my pants or anything, that dissappoints me a little. I still feel bloated kinda - maybe from all the veggies? Anyway.....I'll check in later!
Great job! When they do the first set of measurements, it will really start to sink in. When I first started losing, I wouldn't allow myself to get too excited because I figured it was just water weight. I started to cry when they did my first set of measurements and I realized that this was really happening! Now, just mentally brace yourself for the 7 - 10 day plateau. Remember, you're still losing, your body will start inflating the collapsed fat cells with water before it allows you to flush them out. It usually freaks everyone out. Just stay true to the plan and you start seeing big results again. Great job!!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #29  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Wow a lot of great losses today, I love it! It really helps me to stay on track when I come here and read everyone's posts.

I started the green menu today, but the funny/ironic thing is, I am too busy to go to the store to buy any new stuff. Hubby and I went shopping this weekend and I stocked up on everything I needed according to the blue menu LOL. The only thing different I have is some sort of chocolate wafer meal replacement thingy that they said I could have twice a week for breakfast or lunch, and it replaces the protein and the starch. I had to laugh out loud when I saw the serving size for oatmeal - 1/4 of a cup. I used to eat a whole cup or more, in one sitting, back in the old days! With splenda and milk of course. *sigh* I miss milk...

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I accidentally stumbled upon a nice way to drink the clear HNS's. I mix one HNS with 1/2 packet of crystal lite (the small travel ones) and mix them with a full glass of water. I have been mixing the wildberry HNS with the cherry pomegranate (again, sp?) crystal lite. Yum-O! I've also nicely discovered Meemo's trick of mixing the hot cocoa creamy HNS with coffee. But I use 1/2 cup of real coffee and 1/2 cup of water. I use this on the mornings I need a little caffeine pick-me-up, which has been about twice a week so far.

Ok I'm outty! momofboys, keep up the good work, you're doing great!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 264.5/258.9/150

Height: 5 '4'

Krazykk- Thanks for that thought. I think that is so important for all of us to remember! I think that we get so caught up in loosing the weight that we forget all that goes into loosing weight.
Closed Thread