Old 06-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #16  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I had 5 HNS's my first day on plan and when the lady looked over my food diary she didn't scold me over it. I think they would rather you have one more of those then something bad. She just reminded me that technically I'm only supposed to have up to 4 a day. She was more concerned that I was using 3 tablespoons of dressing instead of 2 on my salads lol.

Funny What sort of dressing do you use? So far I've only done 4 HNS's each day...I'm not hungry - just used to snacking, especially at night!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #17  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Thanks - the different label made me unsure I guess. I'm currently on the yellow menu (days 1 thru 4) and she told me "for the best results" use 4 to 5 a day. I'm guessing I'll be onto the blue menu next.... not sure what they tell me about how many to have on that one.
I stand corrected I just looked back on the yellow sheet & you are allowed up to 5 on that one. It goes down to 4/day on the blue & green menus.

I stuck with 2 a day for the most part, knowing that I'd hit plateaus & could add one or two a day to help push through the plateaus, and did that a couple of times. Then again, maybe I did that because I'm cheap! It was actually a combination of the two I reckon!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #18  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I stand corrected I just looked back on the yellow sheet & you are allowed up to 5 on that one. It goes down to 4/day on the blue & green menus.

I stuck with 2 a day for the most part, knowing that I'd hit plateaus & could add one or two a day to help push through the plateaus, and did that a couple of times. Then again, maybe I did that because I'm cheap! It was actually a combination of the two I reckon!

I'm mostly doing 4 a day because I want to snack otherwise....so instead of grabbing that bag of chips or whatever I do a HNS instead.
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #19  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Funny What sort of dressing do you use? So far I've only done 4 HNS's each day...I'm not hungry - just used to snacking, especially at night!
Those first few days I was using some sort of balsamic vinagrette that I had found at walmart, it was fat free and 1 gram of carbs per serving so it was allowed, but I was used to eating salad with a LOT of dressing so I was having trouble only using 2 tablespoons. I have since found the walden farms dressings, but I had to go to a different store (Hy Vee) and located them in the health food section. Those are nice because they have more variety like ranch, asian, caesar, honey dijon etc. I had read a few people saying they didn't like the ranch so I got the honey dijon instead. I like it but again, 2 tablespoons did not cover all 8 ounces of salad. That is why I tried the vinegar combination and I have so far liked that the best.
strawberryrhubarbpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #20  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post

My center advised me that on the days I am intensely exercising, to have 5 HNS if I needed them. I've only done that once,though. I've been pretty lazy the past couple of weeks :P.
Noah Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 195/192.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello,
I am new to the board but have been through MRC before. I found when trying to save money I looked for products under the name of WonderSlim or Protidiet. Several places sell them. Same HNS but just different names.
angelsldyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #22  

Lightbulb

Oh also as far as pills and such. Take your bottles of MRC-6 and other stuff to your local health food store. My local store helped me find a product just like MRC-6 the only differance was it had "apple cider vinegar" in it(which is suppose to help with weight loss anyway). It was only $9.00 a bottle!!!!! I am a stay-at-home mommy. So the only way I can do "program" again is by cutting all corners. I am so glad I kept all my menus and cookbooks. This time it has paid to be a "pack-rat"
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #23  

What a great wealth of information!!!
Jenn170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsldyd View Post
Hello,
I am new to the board but have been through MRC before. I found when trying to save money I looked for products under the name of WonderSlim or Protidiet. Several places sell them. Same HNS but just different names.
Where can you find these? (Health Food Stores, Wal-Mart, etc)
THANKS!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsldyd View Post
Oh also as far as pills and such. Take your bottles of MRC-6 and other stuff to your local health food store. My local store helped me find a product just like MRC-6 the only differance was it had "apple cider vinegar" in it(which is suppose to help with weight loss anyway). It was only $9.00 a bottle!!!!! I am a stay-at-home mommy. So the only way I can do "program" again is by cutting all corners. I am so glad I kept all my menus and cookbooks. This time it has paid to be a "pack-rat"

I am a stay-at-home mom too (on a tight budget)....would you be willing to share what pills you got from the health food store, so I can try those out too?

Last edited by Jenn170; 06-30-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #26  
Shannon

I am so excited to have found this site! I did MRC about 6 years ago and almost got to goal before I got frustrated and sick of SALAD and quit. Thanks for all of the awesome information! I start pre-conditioning tomorrow and will not begin the plan until July 19. (I have a trip and a couple of big events planed and do not want to start out sabotaging myself!) Any words of wisdom as I begin again?
shenanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #27  

Lightbulb after market mrc-6

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back. computer troubles
Anyway the brand that I bought is "Solgar" All-in-one plus grapefruit
it has kelp, vitamin b6, lecithin, cider vinegar, grapefruit powder.
it is sugar free and starch free, it is also suitable for vegetarians.
The bottle comes with 100 tablets for around 10.00!!!!!! What a steal huh??
I buy it at my local health food store. The guys in there are so helpful. It takes a little searching but you can find almost everything MRC has in your local health food stores at a big savings.
Hope this helps everybody.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #28  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanigan View Post
I am so excited to have found this site! I did MRC about 6 years ago and almost got to goal before I got frustrated and sick of SALAD and quit. Thanks for all of the awesome information! I start pre-conditioning tomorrow and will not begin the plan until July 19. (I have a trip and a couple of big events planed and do not want to start out sabotaging myself!) Any words of wisdom as I begin again?
I know what you mean about the salad, I had a hard time with that also. My advice, hang in there with the salads until you get to the green menu, and then you can have 4 oz. of cooked veggies for both lunch and dinner. I think I have had salad once since I've started the green menu!

Jenny Craig was another one that drove me nuts with the salad... 2 cups of lettuce for lunch every day with just a tiny packet of their fat free dressing. UGH!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #29  
Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn170 View Post
Where can you find these? (Health Food Stores, Wal-Mart, etc)
THANKS!
If you do a search for wonderslim you can find several websites that sells them... I find that if I buy 5 boxes at a time (5 for $55) at the center then I wouldn't really save any money once you factor in shipping... besides, I'm too impatient to wait for stuff to come in the mail lol. BUT if I ever did this program on my own then I would definitely order them online.

http://www.dietdirect.com
Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #30  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

bariatricchoice.com is the one I ordered from and everything is great. It's just a small savings ($9.99 a box) but there is free shipping and they also have the meal bars and shakes for less than MRC sells them and they have a larger variety on the meal bars (if you like them). My MRC only carries 2 kinds of bars now and this website has at least 7 of them. Their powdered shake mixes are only about $14.99 where MRCs are around $20 or $21 I think. Their shipping is VERY fast and the customer service was great (they answered all my emails and questions very quickly and helpfully).
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote