Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #376  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Does anyone watch the Today show? I used to work weekends so I would watch it a lot, now I work tues-fri and can only watch in Monday mornings. Anyway, my favorite part is the Joy Fit Club, if anyone is familiar with this they showcase people who have lost 100+ pounds. I love watching these segments, they are truly inspiring. And todays person was amazing, I got misty eyed looking at this lady, she lost 262 pounds!!! Without surgery! She went from a size 32 to a size 4. She said the 'a ha' moment came when she was a nanny for a couple, and one of the kids was wolfing down some mac n cheese, and the dad told the kid 'you are going to eat every day of your life, don't eat like this is your last meal' or something like that. I'll include the link below if you would like to read about her, her name is Veolia Gibson.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21627769...lub_MAIN_Apr08
Thanks for sharing this! I love it before and afters.... and she is amazing!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #377  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Calorie free Gatorade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
[COLOR="darkslategray"]Well, for a couple of days we thought it was low iron and humidity, but that turned out to be only part of the story. Apparently my low blood pressure has gotten REALLY low, and my pulse is fluctuating between the high 40s and low 50s. Great...except I'm not an elite athlete. Will probably be having an EKG next week. Not sure if it is low electrolytes or malfunctioning thyroid. Hopefully adding a little salt back into the program will resolve it but I won't have a game plan before Monday. In the mean time, I'm off B6, which kinda stinks because I'm definitely on a water plateau. Anybody know of a plan-friendly version of Gatorade?
There is a product called Nuun which is an electrolyte tablet that you add to water (kind of like a fizzie, if you are old enough to remember those). It can be bought in running and bike stores or online.

Also, there is another product called ecaps by Hammer Nutrition that is used by athletes in hot weather to prevent them from getting dehydrated. That has essential electrolytes and sodium in it too. That can be bought at the same locations as above.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #378  
Bonnie

Default Diuretics and leg cramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Ok, thanks everyone for their kind words. Let me tell ya'll what happened next. I called my mom because I know she has to take diuretics. I went to get one because I was determined to get all this bloating out of me!! She warned me to only take 1/2 because hers are prescription. Did I listen. NO. Well, from 9-12 last night, I had to pee about every 15 minutes. I kid you not. And not just a little. Long story short, I was 9lbs lighter this morning than I was before I took the pill!!! Isnt' that crazy. I know that as I drink my water this morning some of that will come back, just goes to show how much I was holding in!! I knew I couldn't have gained 4 lbs in 3 days!!! I will make sure to watch my sodium intact to a tee from now on!!
Also, has anyone gotten leg cramps on this. I had one the other day, but thought surely I was getting enough potassium with all the vitamins and minerals. Well, when I started looking at everything I was taking, there really wasn't much potassium in anything. And since I don't eat bannana's and milk right now, my main source of potassium has been depleted. Got some potassium pills this morning to get my level back up, but was wondering it this had happened to anyone else and if the centers had ever said anything about potassium. We just have a satteliete office, so we don't get to spend much one on one time with the counselors.
Thanks!
Missy
When you are dehydrated you will get leg cramps. By taking the diuretic (maybe a little more than you needed... should have taken a half) you became dehyrated. I am telling you this because the same thing happend to me. I started a new med which was given to me by the dr and I had the most wicked cramps in my legs (especially at night) that I hardly slept. Now I know that I need to drink more water whenever I take this medicine (which is 2x per day). It's not the potassium.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #379  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hawaii..Just like Meemo said. You just say "Nope, I'm good for now". I bought 5 boxes today b/c I earned a double punch for buying 5 for $55 (some new contest). However, I'll be ordering the rest from Bariatricchoice soon. Understand what you mean about the warranty. There's no way I could ever claim they stated something they couldn't deliver. I KNOW that if I fail at this it is MY fault, not MRCs!

Personal Update

WI this AM. Good news is I lost 1/2 a pound and am in the 130s for the first time in 17 years. Not so good news is that I've been so strict on plan that I was really hoping for more than 1/2 a pound. Good news again is that I lost 5 lbs in ONE week! WOOHOO!! MEasurements were good. Another 6" lost and BMI was down another % to 25.5, while Body Fat was down another % to 30.5! I'm almost in the healthy range of 19-24% for the BMI. That's very exciting.

Also, they wanted to schedule me for the stabilization meeting this Saturday and I elected to wait another month. We changed my goal weight to 125 instead of 130. I think I'm going to make it 120 on my ticker b/c they said that was the lowest I should weigh based on my fat/bone/muscle ratio thing they do (can't remember what that one is called). Anyway..I have 4 more weeks of program time and then they're doing more free weeks as a July 4th contest, so hopefully I can win another 1 or 2 weeks and that will get me where I want to be weight wise without having to spend another $99 for 10 more weeks I shouldn't need.

Take care all. Have a great Monday.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #380  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
You are such a rebel!! I think I may have to try the Kraft dressings - and I think I'll give the cottage cheese "dressing" a shot too. At this point I have to try something. I don't mind cooked veggies...and I don't mind raw ones either - just not so much! Has anyone tried the MRC "mayo" ? I love my mayo too and can't imagine eating tuna without a little. Like I said the lady at MRC scared me to death about eating off plan even a tiny bit!
I'm really not a rebel. Just had to find the path that will keep me on plan most of the time. I know what little tastes provoke my cravings now - and it's not the salad dressing. Its sweet stuff. And, since I've never had a sweet tooth I find it really odd that sweetness is the one thing I occassionally have a craving for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Have you tried it with the Hidden Valley fiesta ranch dip mix - its got a little kick to it.
Yeah...I tried it thata way, but it gagged me. I think it's probably just the thought of the cottage cheese. LOL

And, thanks for those #'s to go by...my center never told me anything like that. They said it was ok to use the Spritzers, but I can't make myself only spritz a few times...I want more flavor. LOL So, I keep spritzing, until I've probably gotten in more carbs, calories, & fat than if I just used the Kraft one in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIBOUNDBY40 View Post
Thanks Strawberry- that was a great story. I just love before and after storys and photos!! Means there is hope afterall. Just one day at a time, one pound at a time.
Perfect attitude. Slow and steady is much easier to maintain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hawaii..Just like Meemo said. You just say "Nope, I'm good for now". I bought 5 boxes today b/c I earned a double punch for buying 5 for $55 (some new contest). However, I'll be ordering the rest from Bariatricchoice soon. Understand what you mean about the warranty. There's no way I could ever claim they stated something they couldn't deliver. I KNOW that if I fail at this it is MY fault, not MRCs!

Personal Update

WI this AM. Good news is I lost 1/2 a pound and am in the 130s for the first time in 17 years. Not so good news is that I've been so strict on plan that I was really hoping for more than 1/2 a pound. Good news again is that I lost 5 lbs in ONE week! WOOHOO!! MEasurements were good. Another 6" lost and BMI was down another % to 25.5, while Body Fat was down another % to 30.5! I'm almost in the healthy range of 19-24% for the BMI. That's very exciting.

Also, they wanted to schedule me for the stabilization meeting this Saturday and I elected to wait another month. We changed my goal weight to 125 instead of 130. I think I'm going to make it 120 on my ticker b/c they said that was the lowest I should weigh based on my fat/bone/muscle ratio thing they do (can't remember what that one is called). Anyway..I have 4 more weeks of program time and then they're doing more free weeks as a July 4th contest, so hopefully I can win another 1 or 2 weeks and that will get me where I want to be weight wise without having to spend another $99 for 10 more weeks I shouldn't need.

Good for you being so close to goal! And, for the good WI! I bet next time you WI you'll be down several...

Wish my center would offer free weeks. The only things we do are a weekly drawing for a box of HNS from the names of everyone that buys the 5/$55. And, we get a sticker for each pound lost, bringing our food sheet, WI 2x/week, & going to FTC class. Whoever has the most stickers at the end of the month gets a suprise gift. I sure could use those free weeks though... I'm gonna have to resign.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #381  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Personal Update

Congrats!!!! You're almost there!!!!

Last edited by namaste; 06-16-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #382  
Crystal

It's a good day!!!

I lost 3 1/2 pounds at WI today!!! Busted past the 170 mark...again...and I'm not looking back! Yippee!

AND, today I bought a pair of Seven for all Mankind jeans...(clearance of course) Size 11 Juniors! I've heard such great things about the brand but never tried them. LOVE 'em! The actually fit in my waist and my hips, legs, rear! I have always had a hard time finding jeans that don't gap in the back. Y'all need to try a pair.

ALSO - has anyone ever done Zumba? I'm going to a class tonight. It looks like fun - & it looks like it'll kick my butt! LOL But, my butt needs some kicking since I've really slacked off on the exercise the past 2 weeks. Just wondering how difficult it is?

Here's a YouTube video to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4 Supposedly you burn 1000 calories an hour!!! And, the guarantee on the videos is to lose one size in one week...! Looks like a great ab workout regardless.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-16-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #383  
Bonnie

Default Salt and NSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
I know that had to feel good to flush out 9 lbs of water - once it was over LOL! - just watch out for the possible "rebound" from flushing so much with a diuretic. Not the whole 9 lbs, but you might pick up a little of the water weight back up. Yep, pickles are always good for a couple of lbs of water for me. Chinese food too.
I noticed when starting MRC that in the morning when I got out of bed my eyes did not have the "bags" under them anymore. The elimination of salt was causing swelling and water retention. Also, the extra water we drink helps flush sodium out of our system.

Another somewhat related NSV that I noticed since losing some weight is that I don't "leak" when I sneeze anymore. I attributed that problem to menopause but read in USA weekend that excess weight could be the problem. Who woulda thunk?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #384  
Bonnie

Quote:
Crystal...The shipping to me for 12 boxes was $12. I think I'm going to order from the Bariatricchoice website instead. I never place the order the other night, so I'm going to do it tomorrow and research some more.

Salad eaters..I've been using Rice Vinegar (bought at an Asian grocery store) and I haven't added any oil and it's still really good. It's made special for salads. I had 2 kinds, one was "gourmet seasoning" and the other was just original. I really like it even without adding a sweetener.
If you use dietdirect.com and order $79. of product shipping is free. You can also ask for 3 pouches of free samples. I used to ask for the ones to cook with (that I do not want to buy a whole box of) or something I wanted to try. Also their grape concentrate is the same as the centers (I think it's called barichoice or something like that). And, if you put save10 in the coupon line you save 10%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
Just wanted to let everyone interested in the SeaThin that it is on sale at CVS right now for $19.99. I think that's a pretty good price. I picked some up to try since everyone else has had pretty good luck with it.
Great! I'm right on it.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #385  
Bonnie

I think we need to start a new thread since we are on page 26. We had said that when a thread got to be 25 pages we would start a new one but I don't know how to do that. Can someone help?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #386  
Crystal

Namaste - 106 pounds... YOU just astound me! Everytime I see your ticker...I'm so amazed!!!!

Off to Zumba! Will let you all know how much pain I'm in tomorrow!!!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 06-16-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Default Liquid Minerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
What is the name of the liquid minerals from Walmart...I haven't really had leg cramps for my entire weightloss stage, but now that I am approaching my stabalization, it seems that I am getting them in the wee hours of the night.
I have not seen them at Wal-Mart (but haven't looked, either). Sam's carries a bottle called Liquid Colloidal Minerals and the brand name is Drinkables Liquid Supplements. It's over in the pseudo-pharmacy area and a 30 day bottle is $9+change. I hope you get relief soon!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Default Calorie Free Gatorade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
There is a product called Nuun which is an electrolyte tablet that you add to water (kind of like a fizzie, if you are old enough to remember those). It can be bought in running and bike stores or online.

Also, there is another product called ecaps by Hammer Nutrition that is used by athletes in hot weather to prevent them from getting dehydrated. That has essential electrolytes and sodium in it too. That can be bought at the same locations as above.
Thanks so much! I will look into this and let you know how it works out!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #389  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Another somewhat related NSV that I noticed since losing some weight is that I don't "leak" when I sneeze anymore. I attributed that problem to menopause but read in USA weekend that excess weight could be the problem. Who woulda thunk?
Wow! I'm not the only one. I never thought to mention it, but was actually taking medication for that pre-MRC and have since stopped taking it with no embarassing events. Just another reason to stay OP-or at least not stay too far
Old 06-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #390  
MRC since 10/8/2007

S/C/G: 174/135/125

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, I finally got the avatar switched out. This is me and my "baby" at Disney, she'll be 16 in October. She's the one that is mad at me because I'm a size smaller than her now, yeah the typical girl we all hated in High School that thinks she is "fat" (eyerolls). I love her anyway.
Closed Thread