Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 06:17 PM   #211  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
Ok the one time I made them I used dry oats. They were still good. I just was too dumb to know it was supposed to be cooked.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who used dry oats! I wondered why the batter was so thin! I will be trying these again, using the cooked oats!

Well, I have been AWOL for several weeks and it shows. I am at a stall, and it really is my own fault. I have been eating CRAP! I know that I really need to get back on track and lose these last 18 pounds. I haven't really gained, but I haven't lost either. I know that a very big part of my problem is that I haven't been visiting this site. This site and you all keep me accountable and I REALLY need that, obviously. So, my goal is to not only read the posts everyday, but to actually post to keep myself accountable. I really need to help and encouragement of you all!

Currently, I am out of town and having a hard time staying op. We will be eating out for every meal until Friday evening. I did bring my HNS with me, so I can try to keep up with them. (haven't done very well with that lately, either.) I am also going to really chug the water. Any other tips?

As for my plan, I was actually at my goal date on Monday. When I went in on Tuesday, no one at the center said anything about my weeks being up. They just did the usually thing and told me to come in later in the week. Do I bring up the fact that I am over my weeks, or do I wait for them to bring it up? I don't want to have to pay any more, but I want to keep going and losing. I am obviously not ready for stabilization. If I don't resign, am I just eating into my maintanence weeks?

I am glad to be back and glad to see so many new faces. But, there are a lot of faces missing! Come back, you guys!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #212  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Oh, yeah, btw, I just changed job discriptions. When school starts again, I will be teaching 8th grade science, rather than the 5th grade social studies I have been teaching. While this is very exciting for me, it is also a bit stressful. Science is definitely my "first love" when it comes to teaching, but I have never taught 8th grade before. I will be in a new building under a new principal. Just a bit of stress!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #213  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
When you move on to the blue menu, it's fruit for lunch only - no more fruit for breakfast.
I'm on the blue menu now and it has me on the fruit for breakfast still, not for lunch. Do you think we have different menus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
Hi everyone I'm back from my 3FC vacation. I am so excited for all the newbies. I still remember how nervous and excited I was in the begining of my weight loss journey. The MRC plan truly works!!!
The infamous donuts! So you are the one everyone keeps asking about, I was wondering. WOW you look great, you could be on a billboard too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I was thinking of getting a personal trainer. I really don't know what to do at the gym or HOW to do alot of the stuff at the gym.
I highly recommend hiring a personal trainer if only for a few sessions. I hired one a few years ago and learned a LOT and have never forgotten the things he taught me. Well worth the money!
Old 06-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #214  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Questions and comments!

First off, I have to admit I cheated last night - I had a creamy! I wasn't supposed to start having them until today, but right before I went to bed I was craving something sweet so I sneaked one in. ACK!

There are also 2 other things I've cheated on: I have put 3 tablespoons, instead of 2, of dressing on my huge 8 ounces of salad a few times. And I've had a few ounces of jicama, which I love and bought before I discovered I'm not supposed to have. You would think it's safe to eat since it resembles a radish in a way, but I called and they told me no

Ok question for the tenured peeps: Will I forever have to eat 8 ounces of salad for lunch every day? I have been filling it with heavy stuff like cauliflower and cucumbers, but I still really dislike eating that much salad. I'm just not a cold veggie eater at all. The last 2 nights I have not eaten my 4 ounces of cold salad like I've supposed to. It's getting to the point that I am forcing myself to eat lunch and having an upset stomach over it afterwards. I almost want to skip lunch and just have a few HNS's to get me through to dinner.

I'm going in tomorrow to weigh in so I think I'll talk to them about it then, just wanted to get some thoughts here also...
Old 06-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #215  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykk View Post
Momofboys The HyVee at Shadow Lake has Walden Farms. I think that is closer to you then 108th and Fort. When I asked about using the products, they said they are not part of the program, and if the weight is not coming off, they will have you stop using them. I personally don't use them much, only the Maple Syrup. I have the BBQ sauce and just not have felt a desire to use it.
Thanks! The one at Shadow Lake is much closer. I figured it wouldn't hurt to check out what they have. Although I did read a post that had a cottage cheese ranch dressing recipe I just might have to try as well.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #216  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
Questions and comments!

First off, I have to admit I cheated last night - I had a creamy! I wasn't supposed to start having them until today, but right before I went to bed I was craving something sweet so I sneaked one in. ACK!

There are also 2 other things I've cheated on: I have put 3 tablespoons, instead of 2, of dressing on my huge 8 ounces of salad a few times. And I've had a few ounces of jicama, which I love and bought before I discovered I'm not supposed to have. You would think it's safe to eat since it resembles a radish in a way, but I called and they told me no

Ok question for the tenured peeps: Will I forever have to eat 8 ounces of salad for lunch every day? I have been filling it with heavy stuff like cauliflower and cucumbers, but I still really dislike eating that much salad. I'm just not a cold veggie eater at all. The last 2 nights I have not eaten my 4 ounces of cold salad like I've supposed to. It's getting to the point that I am forcing myself to eat lunch and having an upset stomach over it afterwards. I almost want to skip lunch and just have a few HNS's to get me through to dinner.

I'm going in tomorrow to weigh in so I think I'll talk to them about it then, just wanted to get some thoughts here also...
hah, I don't always get veggies at lunch, either . But, once you hit day 10, you can have 4 oz of cooked veggies instead. I like making broccoli and cheese a couple of times a week for lunch.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #217  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboys View Post
Thank you for explaining the HNS to me - I knew I was required to drink at least 2 a day, but I didn't understand all the post I've been reading about the creamy ones I guess. Can you use the creamy one to cook with? No I don't have a Publix but maybe they'll tell me something comparable to use around here. I suppose if I just had a little patience and waited till my first meeting this Friday I'd have all these questions answered - huh?
Don't feel bad- I was the same way. I found this website before I went to my initial meeting and asked the same questions you are...it's only natural.

The creamies include: vanilla, double chocolate or lemon chiffon pudding; cream of chicken (some make it as a soup or cook with it), cream of tomato; capaccino (sp), hot chocolate...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. The cream of tomato ends up turning pink and doesn't have that great of a taste. I usually use it for taco or chili flavoring and add lots of chili powder. The chili powder turns it more red.

For dressings, you can also use some of the spritzers... rule of thumb is 2 fat / 3g carb and 2g sugar or less per serving.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #218  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
Lori ... I don't know if all centers are the same, but at my center it was $99 to sign for 10 more weeks and $139 for 17 weeks. (I resigned for 17 just to take the pressure off of myself).

I'm also doing the preconditioning menu .... does anyone know what would happen if you stayed on that? I know you wouldn't lose as fast, but if I kept losing just 1-2 per week, I'd been more than good by my 17 weeks. Just wondering.
Thank you, Deb,
I went today and told her I wanted 6 more weeks to lose 20lbs and she told me $99. Maybe 10 or less weeks is a fixed rate?

I'm not sure about doing the pre-conditioning that long. I originally did it for 1 week and lost 7lbs. Was going to do it this next week, but they advised me not to. (I still might)
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 PM   #219  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Soooo... last monthly wi, I hit 31% body fat and 24 bmi! woohoo! That's healthy! I have a tanita at home, and today it said 29% BF . When I went in Tuesday to weigh in.... *drum roll please* They signed me up for stabilization on the 24th! I still have a couple more pounds to lose, but I think it will come off over the next couple of months.

Yahoo!
Old 06-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 244/174.5/171

Height: 5'10'

Hello everybody congrats on all that have lost and welcome to all of the newbies. I haven't been on line in awhile. aI thought I would be at the 70lb pound board by now but I think I have hit a platuea.
I have been very depressed. We found out 3 weeks ago they were having to place my great nephew whom my parents and I took care of till his dad and stepmother moved to east Texas in a mental facilty for the rest of his life. We knew he had alot of problems he had been diagnosised with ADHD for years but the last two years he had really started spiraling out of control. They finally had to put him in and have test run on him he had been hoarding food in his closet and it rotting. Hitting teachers and students at school talking to himself and finally he beat his stepmother and dad up mind you this child is only 14 and weighs130lbs and 5'4. He kicked his bedroom door down and busted the frame going into his room. My nephew is 6'3 and weighs over 225lbs. he took his dad to the ground. They had to call the police and they placed him in a hospital where the ran test on him they diagnoises him with Pycochis schiphrenia bipolar( know this is incorrectly spelled) disorder and would probably get worst his IQ is 57.
I was just so down but I finally had to let the Lord take care of it. I was finally able to get back on my program this week. Sorry to cry so much but it sure is hard to face . I talked to my counsler about it. But I have to say I think he will be took good care of in the Mental facility they have a school and people to help him there.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #221  

Height: 5'5

losingforhealth...I am so sorry to hear about what is going on in your family. You and your family will be in my prayers.
alisha
Old 06-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #222  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingforhealth View Post
Hello everybody congrats on all that have lost and welcome to all of the newbies. I haven't been on line in awhile. aI thought I would be at the 70lb pound board by now but I think I have hit a platuea.
I have been very depressed. We found out 3 weeks ago they were having to place my great nephew whom my parents and I took care of till his dad and stepmother moved to east Texas in a mental facilty for the rest of his life. We knew he had alot of problems he had been diagnosised with ADHD for years but the last two years he had really started spiraling out of control. They finally had to put him in and have test run on him he had been hoarding food in his closet and it rotting. Hitting teachers and students at school talking to himself and finally he beat his stepmother and dad up mind you this child is only 14 and weighs130lbs and 5'4. He kicked his bedroom door down and busted the frame going into his room. My nephew is 6'3 and weighs over 225lbs. he took his dad to the ground. They had to call the police and they placed him in a hospital where the ran test on him they diagnoises him with Pycochis schiphrenia bipolar( know this is incorrectly spelled) disorder and would probably get worst his IQ is 57.
I was just so down but I finally had to let the Lord take care of it. I was finally able to get back on my program this week. Sorry to cry so much but it sure is hard to face . I talked to my counsler about it. But I have to say I think he will be took good care of in the Mental facility they have a school and people to help him there.
I am so sorry to hear about what your family is going through. It must be very difficult. I will pray that you can work through your depression. Know that you will feel better if you can eat more healthy and get healthy physically. I will be praying for you.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #223  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
Soooo... last monthly wi, I hit 31% body fat and 24 bmi! woohoo! That's healthy! I have a tanita at home, and today it said 29% BF . When I went in Tuesday to weigh in.... *drum roll please* They signed me up for stabilization on the 24th! I still have a couple more pounds to lose, but I think it will come off over the next couple of months.

Yahoo!
Wow! That is really impressive. Congratulations on your success. Good luck on stabilization.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #224  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
I
Currently, I am out of town and having a hard time staying op. We will be eating out for every meal until Friday evening. I did bring my HNS with me, so I can try to keep up with them. (haven't done very well with that lately, either.) I am also going to really chug the water. Any other tips?

As for my plan, I was actually at my goal date on Monday. When I went in on Tuesday, no one at the center said anything about my weeks being up. They just did the usually thing and told me to come in later in the week. Do I bring up the fact that I am over my weeks, or do I wait for them to bring it up? I don't want to have to pay any more, but I want to keep going and losing. I am obviously not ready for stabilization. If I don't resign, am I just eating into my maintanence weeks?
Glad to see you back!

I posted some vacation tips (not my own, I got them in a newsletter) on another thread - some of those might help you. And salad, salad, salad (or if you're eating some place like Ruby Tuesday where you can get grilled chicken or bison & a side of steamed veggies, that works too). Pick up a bag of apples so you'll have a piece of fruit in your purse when needed for lunch. It's hard to be perfect, but keeping up with your HNS will help balance out any extra carbs you might be having.

Yep, if you don't resign, you eat into your maintenance weeks. That's what happened with me - I was actually eligible to start stabilization in August, but was out of town in Aug & Sept so it kinda ate up 2 months of my maintenance. Well, more if you count from when I finished stabilization & started actual maintenance. My weight-loss goal date was in mid-September, my maintenance was up the following mid-September.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #225  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryrhubarbpie View Post
I'm on the blue menu now and it has me on the fruit for breakfast still, not for lunch. Do you think we have different menus?
!
No - I think I should proofread what I write! I meant to say the green menu! Sorry!!!
Closed Thread