Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 294/271/165

Height: 5"7

Default great job

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Glad i found you all i was worried there for a minute! I did weigh in today and got to sign the 20 pound board!!I actually only needed 2 pounds but i was down 4. I have a way to go but being down 23 pounds is awsome!! I hope everyone has a great op day.
4 lbs rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job!!
Old 06-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #32  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Wow hard to find you all again. I have to admit I have not posted in quite awhile and have not been the model MRC citizen over the past few months. I have gained 4 lbs and have decided that I need to finish what I started and that is to loose my final 12 lbs. I have decided to put my self on the very begining meal plans....to jump start my body again. I think this is something that I will need to do. I just got a memebership to our local gym and so hopefully that will help as well. Just wanted to come here to get these things off my chest and look forward to the support that is on here. The support really does help and when I read everyone elses "good" stories it motivates me to want to share mine.....so I better get my butt back in gear so I can share with you all.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello from Kathleen

Hi everyone, I am new and so glad I found this forum. I belonged to one kinda like this before my wt loss surgery several years ago and it really was so helpful and supportive. If I had known about MRC before that I might have just dieted as I nearly lost as much on it (60 lbs) as I did from the surgery (65). So far have kept off 100 lbs and am back on MRC to try to get to goal again. I kept off 25 from my last MRC time, 2 years ago and since it was the only diet that really worked for me I am back.

I don't know you folks here but I just wanted to say that reading your posts these last several days I just feel so proud of you! I'm proud of me too in fact, and it feels good to be back on MRC. I know with the encouragement of the counselor and people here I can make it to my goal.
Kathleen
Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 AM   #34  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

I'm with you, ShineOn! I thought how long it takes me to catch up on the weekends and then got on and was caught up! Small gifts to us who haven't been on all week but I'm sure frustration for those who have.

I'm still plugging along, with some days better than others. I will WI on Monday, so hoping for some kind of a loss

Anyone heard from 3MM??
Old 06-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 344.5/tracker/144.5

Kathleen

You will get much out of this forum.

My update for the day. I am pleased to say that I met all my goals for the day and have stayed OP these past few days. Tomorrow is the real test with my daughter's party. I will save fruit for that since I bought some delicious strawberries. I think I will have them with the vanilla pudding to make it more like everyone else.

Hot and humid here today so it is easier to stay OP since the heat takes away my appetite.

Have a great day and I will be back tomorrow evening!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #36  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

WOW! I am glad I found you all again. I hate that I missed everyone's post since I've been gone. I know there were some losers so CONGRATS!

I went to Hilton Head Island with a few friends for a few days and was totally off plan. My home scale shows up 1 pound so that is not so bad. It's time to get back on the right plan though. I think it's an attitude that will get me back....I do not want to gain any of the weight I have lost, better choices, and feeling better. I also think of all of the things I will lose if I don't lose....feeling better, new smaller clothes, and admiration from my friends and family. Here's to better choices for everyone who is struggling.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'9"

Whoa...looks like the last few weeks are gone. So much for catching up.

I've been completely off program this entire week. I started a medication that has completely took my appetite away and actually haven't been eating much of anything. I was so sick to my stomach the first couple of days that I didn't eat at all My scales show me down 1 lb, so I'll just take that for now and try to get back OP after a visit with my parents later today.

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats to all with losses this week. Hopefully I'll be back on track after this week. I'm not going to stress much about it since I had lost 6 the prior week.

Looks like I lost my weight loss ticker too.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 AM   #38  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Gigi, You didn't miss anything. Melinda and I go to the same center so that's how I knew. A counselor told me. I hope she's okay with me mentioning it.
No, I totally don't mind you mentioning it! I had a hard time finding the site here. I can't believe our past 2 weeks is gone. Ah well, can't fight with technology.

I actually surpassed my original goal by 2 pounds...102 pounds gone forever. I celebrated yesterday by doing quite a bit of clothes shopping. I bought size 12's!!! I can't believe my clothes are a size 12. I haven't been in a 12 in 10 + years! It does feel really good.

I will have my stabilization party on June 26th. I am basically having a free few weeks of program, since my contract is done, and I met goal. I really don't want to lose much more weight during these few weeks and stab. I would like to end right at around 160 by the end of stabilization going into maintenance. I will be totally happy with that.

Thanks for all of your support, you all are awesome!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #39  

Height: 5'5

Goal4Life congrats on the 102lbs, that is outstanding! Have a great OP day everyone! Alisha

Last edited by thelish; 06-08-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #40  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post

I actually surpassed my original goal by 2 pounds...102 pounds gone forever. I celebrated yesterday by doing quite a bit of clothes shopping. I bought size 12's!!! I can't believe my clothes are a size 12. I haven't been in a 12 in 10 + years! It does feel really good.

WOW!!! What a fantastic accomplishment! 102 pounds--and size 12
CONGRATS!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:52 PM   #41  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Goal4Life - You look absolutely amazing. I'm so very happy for you. Now a request - you need to put your before picture back up with your after. You are truly an inspiration!! Big hugs
Old 06-08-2008, 01:19 PM   #42  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
I did weigh in today and got to sign the 20 pound board!!I actually only needed 2 pounds but i was down 4.
YEAH 4 lbs. gone forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a few weeks & I was wondering how I would catch up, or if I should just start reading current - well, it looks like the decision was made for me. Hope everyone is doing well.

A quick update. I was on and off plan the last 8 week sign up and only lost 5 lbs, but 9 lbs of fat. I re-signed and they decided to start me from the beginning - so I "got" to do the day 1-4 and 5-10 plan which I just finished. When I started, I was so heavy, I couldn't participate in these beginning plans. Well, I made it through with no problems. It feels great to wake up this morning and get to choose from a larger variety. I did add Corti-trim and MRC-6. I was really struggling with the cravings and getting hungry between meals even though I was maxing my HNS. I have been very vocal about not taking any of the extra's - so I think it's only fair that I now admit these extras are really helping with my cravings. The belly fat seems to be dropping faster and I'm not hungry between meals. When I hit the 4 - 5 hour mark, I do have to eat because I am faminished!! But in between I'm perfectly fine. Just pushing through and looking forward to stabilization.
Soo good to have you back!!! You can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenY View Post
Hi everyone, I am new and so glad I found this forum. I belonged to one kinda like this before my wt loss surgery several years ago and it really was so helpful and supportive. If I had known about MRC before that I might have just dieted as I nearly lost as much on it (60 lbs) as I did from the surgery (65). So far have kept off 100 lbs and am back on MRC to try to get to goal again. I kept off 25 from my last MRC time, 2 years ago and since it was the only diet that really worked for me I am back.

I don't know you folks here but I just wanted to say that reading your posts these last several days I just feel so proud of you! I'm proud of me too in fact, and it feels good to be back on MRC. I know with the encouragement of the counselor and people here I can make it to my goal.
Kathleen
Good to have here! We are all here for one another! I find a lot of my support on this forum. All here are wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
I'm still plugging along, with some days better than others. I will WI on Monday, so hoping for some kind of a loss

Anyone heard from 3MM??
Here are some GOOD VIBES for wi! You know, I have been wondering about 3MM myself! I looked her up on myspace this weekend and sent her a message! I havn't heard anything yet! Hope all is well!
Old 06-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #43  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for all the comments i appreciate it!! Congrats to all you that have had a loss this week also, And a big welcome to all the newbies.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #44  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Quick Update

Thanks to so many of you for your kind thoughts, comments and suggestions in the posts that are now gone forever.

It's been one week since I went on the "dizzy pills" for the vertigo I was experiencing, and I can't believe the difference. No more dizziness. DH and I just came back from two days in the beautiful mountains near here, where I actually slept all night for the first time in over two weeks.

Our county seems to be recovering from the tornadoes well, and our community foundation raised over a quarter of a million dollars for the victims. The generosity we've experienced has been overwhelming and this week, we will start disbursing money to those who lost homes, belongings, cars, etc. Some of the stories are so sad, it really breaks your heart. I know that the stress from all this was a major part of what made me sick.

I was ready to give up this weight loss journey, so you will never know how much I appreciated having so many of you urge me on. After visiting with the MRC staff about going on a medical leave, they suggested I just watch to see how my body reacted to the meds (I'm on HRT as well as the meclazine). Well, to my surprise, I was down another 2.5 lbs last week so they think I can just keep going. That's just 1 lb from the 25 lb board and over half way to goal.

Now my NSV. One of my favorite stores is Chico's and when I started this program in mid-March, I could no longer get into their size 3 pants. Last month, I bought a pair of size 2.5 jeans. Yesterday, I got into a 1.5 (which equates to a size 10!). I haven't worn a 10 since 1997. So now I have two new pairs of pants in that size. Unbelievable!

It truly feels great to be back with all of you. Hello to those I hadn't met before, congrats on all the continued successes, and thanks again to all of you for your support. I've really missed this forum!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 06-08-2008, 06:30 PM   #45  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Gma: I must have missed the dizzy spells, but I'm glad you are better and have decided to keep going. You are doing so great, it'd be a shame to stop now!
Closed Thread