MRC - Take 20 Redux

You're on Page 2 of 27
Go to
  • Hi everyone! It's good to see us back up!

I had my first class tonight, the one where they tell you all about the program and give you your first menu to follow. She suggested that we spend the weekend 'getting ready' for the program, meaning get all of our cravings out of the way now, and starting officially on Monday.

Well I have a confession! When I signed up last week and they gave me the 'pre-conditioning' thingy, I didn't follow it at all, actually I did the opposite - I acted like a death row inmate on her last meal all week!!! AND I GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!!!!

Well now I'm so ready to start losing weight, I'm not waiting until monday. I went to the store tonight to get everything I need to start tomorrow. Well I've rambled on enough now - I'll be back tomorrow to check on everyone again - Alisha I'm happy to see you starting tomorrow too, woo hoo!!!
  • Krazy Karen .... yay, you're back. I like the goal-setting ideas, I will try with two for a day or two and see.

Jeannie ... thank you for sharing your past struggles -- it helps to know, and you're right, when one is ready, then it will happen. Glad you're home for a while!!

Rocki ... We can do this ... yummmmmmmmmmm Olive Garden . I like the suggestions we've gotten ... you're right, we have both come too far, we can do it (it's like the old children's story ... I think I can, I think I can ...) Glad your surgery went well. I know you will be happy to dump the glasses.

Sharon ... you will get into those 18's by your cruise! While you're at the Braves game, I will be at the Rockies game in a suite with catered food, celebrating my dad's 75th birthday with the entire family.

Maybe instead of stressing all weekend about it, I should just make my goal and commit to Monday as my redo day....of course there are always special occasions and I just have to work with them and stop putting this final stretch off....funny how I can think of a million excuses to put it off another day, when I know better!

Anyone had a Donut sighting lately??

Yay new people for signing up and committing to a new lifestyle!
  • KrazyKK-
    I have been on MRC for a short time (3 weeks). I can see how stress is so hard to deal with and be on program at the sametime. I know you can do it with the help of this blog. I feel like this blog is such a great support system and so much information.
    I like your ideas for the three goals. I think I am going to take some advice from Ms. Gigi and start ordering some of the drinks on-line to get all my 5 in a day.
    Welcome back.
  • Strawberry, you can do it!! Good luck on your first day OP!
    Alisha
  • welcome Karen
    Hi Karen- welcome back!! I'm a month old newbie, but I LOVE this site and the SUPPORT I receive from everyone is amazing!!!! You've lost 26 lbs already!! That is wonderful. You should take a backpack, load it up with 26 lbs worth of stuff, put it on your back, and walk around for a while. That will help you to remember what you felt like before you lost that weight and should help to motivate you in the future. Think I'll do that myself. Would be a neat experiment!!! LOL
  • Rocki--I was wondering where you were! Wishing you a fast recovery

Alisha Good luck on your first OP day--it sounds like you're off to a good start

Karen I started in January so haven't seen you here. Good on you for getting back to the program & glad you're back on the forum.

strawberryrhubarbpie Your post made me laugh! Good luck on your first day!
  • Rocki Hey, I'm glad to hear you are doing well after the Lasik. I'm really feeling u on this sabotage thing. I tasted some red velvet cake the other day, about 5 fries from mickey d's, and a few pringles. I'm just on a downward spiral. I can't believe I lost 1.5. I know I won't continue to be this lucky. Seems like now that I'm closer to goal, I'm really going berserk! They went ahead and gave me the two meal plan. I will start that tomm and see if it gives me a jump start.

Melinda Tina said you signed the 100 lb board today!!!!YEEEEEEEAHHHHHHH!!! You are really Awesome! You deserved this! I know you are so proud.
  • 100 lb board!!!
    I missed something! Sooo sorry! : woohoo:
  • Gigi, You didn't miss anything. Melinda and I go to the same center so that's how I knew. A counselor told me. I hope she's okay with me mentioning it.

Quote: I missed something! Sooo sorry! : woohoo:
  • Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a few weeks & I was wondering how I would catch up, or if I should just start reading current - well, it looks like the decision was made for me. Hope everyone is doing well.

KrazyKK!!! Oh my goodness, you have been on my mind a lot. I've even looked for your name & picture on the boards the last time I was in. I'm so glad to see you are back on board!!!

A quick update. I was on and off plan the last 8 week sign up and only lost 5 lbs, but 9 lbs of fat. I re-signed and they decided to start me from the beginning - so I "got" to do the day 1-4 and 5-10 plan which I just finished. When I started, I was so heavy, I couldn't participate in these beginning plans. Well, I made it through with no problems. It feels great to wake up this morning and get to choose from a larger variety. I did add Corti-trim and MRC-6. I was really struggling with the cravings and getting hungry between meals even though I was maxing my HNS. I have been very vocal about not taking any of the extra's - so I think it's only fair that I now admit these extras are really helping with my cravings. The belly fat seems to be dropping faster and I'm not hungry between meals. When I hit the 4 - 5 hour mark, I do have to eat because I am faminished!! But in between I'm perfectly fine. Just pushing through and looking forward to stabilization.

Deb, my self talk for the last 15 lbs . . . . . . I need to follow the plan perfectly now, so when they start introducing more food during the last 10 lbs, stabilization, that I will truly know how much I can eat to maintain my weight. We're almost there - hang in there!!
  • Glad i found you all i was worried there for a minute! I did weigh in today and got to sign the 20 pound board!!I actually only needed 2 pounds but i was down 4. I have a way to go but being down 23 pounds is awsome!! I hope everyone has a great op day.
  • Gina .... 83# You're awesome ... and you're right, we can do this -- I think I will "start over" also ... my body needs to be cleansed from the crap I've been eating. Cravings are never a problem for me .... my eating is never about hunger or anything -- it's all emotional. It truly is my drug of choice -- uugghh!! But thank you for the encouragement -- I love this forum and have to be here more often -- the positive advice is invaluable!

Diana -- WOO HOO --- you did it!! The 20# board ... you have worked long and hard to get here, now it's all down from here.

Melinda -- 100#!! WOO HOO to you too!!
  • Ooops forgot ...

Jennifer ..... the self-sabotage thing is a trip, isn't it?? If we keep on posting here and supporting each other, we will get through it and back where we need/want to be!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! It's good to see us back up!

I had my first class tonight, the one where they tell you all about the program and give you your first menu to follow. She suggested that we spend the weekend 'getting ready' for the program, meaning get all of our cravings out of the way now, and starting officially on Monday.

Well I have a confession! When I signed up last week and they gave me the 'pre-conditioning' thingy, I didn't follow it at all, actually I did the opposite - I acted like a death row inmate on her last meal all week!!! AND I GAINED 2 POUNDS!!!!!!

Well now I'm so ready to start losing weight, I'm not waiting until monday. I went to the store tonight to get everything I need to start tomorrow. Well I've rambled on enough now - I'll be back tomorrow to check on everyone again - Alisha I'm happy to see you starting tomorrow too, woo hoo!!!
    I was exactly the same when I started...felt I had to cram everything into that one week. My last goodbye to the good stuff. I gained 1 pound. Now - I don't really miss any of my old foods. I just eat 'cuz I need to not 'cuz I want to. Trust me tho...it took awhile to get here. There were some tough weeks. But, it's easier now.

You CAN & WILL be successful! Welcome to our group!

Quote: Glad i found you all i was worried there for a minute! I did weigh in today and got to sign the 20 pound board!!I actually only needed 2 pounds but i was down 4. I have a way to go but being down 23 pounds is awsome!! I hope everyone has a great op day.

FANTASTIC!!! Doesn't it feel GREAT!!
  • Thanks to all for the good wishes! I now remember why IU was so successful when I was using this board!

GINA! you look absolutely FANTASTIC You have done such a fantastic job! I would not have guessed that you had problems on plan. When I saw how much you had lost I was so happy for you but so mad at myself! However, I do realize that that is negative self talk and I choose to only have positive self talk! I hope to run into you soon. I am so thankful for Susie and the staff, they have been very supportive and understanding.

Strawberry I also had a gain after my conditioning week, but took it in stride. It is great to see all the new people, I can feel like not only do I have the wisdom of those who have been around a while, I also have fresh ideas from all the newbies!

I also think it is great to mention our gains and slip ups. Sometimes just getting it out really helps. I have no support here at home, my husband doesn't believe in asking how it is going, he thinks that is a personal question, I want him to ask, so we don't talk about it! Go figure!

Keep up the good work everyone, I can't wait to get to know you all better!