Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 03:39 PM   #346  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Hi everyone...Nothing new to report here! REALLY! NOTHING NEW!

MrsPhibes.. I can't even imagine WANTING to ride a back for 5.5 hours, let alone actually doing it! WAY TO GO for you, that is really awesome. I'm just not a bike person myself. I seriously wish I were though! Where in Kansas do you live? My uncle lives in Lake Quivera and Shawnee sounds familiar, like it's close.

That's all for now. Take care everyone.
Rocki: Yes, Lawrence is pretty close to where your uncle lives. If you ever come for a visit be sure to let me know. Small world.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #347  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
ms gigi- Sounds good to me whatever works. I asked earlier about the b-6 flush can anyone tell me what this is/how does it work?
B-6 acts as a diuretic, so if you're retaining water taking a little extra can help "flush" it out. I usually just take one extra when I know I'm retaining.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #348  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Hey everyone. Slow today. What's going on??

I WI this morning and was back down the 1/2 that I was up last week! So, in 2 weeks I've lost 1 lb.

Here's my little vent from my center visit. The lady asked me why I gave up on the MQ diet and I just said b/c I got tired of it but that I only did 4 days which means I could do 3 more sometime in the next month. Well, she said that since I quit and didn't follow through with the full 7 days IN A ROW that I won't ever get the full benefit. Whatever. I didn't realize it was SUPPOSED to be a ful 7 in a row, I just thought that it was allowed 7 days within a month. I just think that even if I only do 3 days in a row that I'll still see a slight benefit (IF I STICK TO IT COMPLETELY THAT IS).

Good news is that I'm still OP today (had normal breakfast before WI, thus another reason I wasn't down more probably, water, 2 HNS and a meal bar for lunch) AND they're having another special @ our center this weekend. If we WI on Friday the 23rd and then again on Tuesday the 27 (after the holiday) we'll get 1 free week IF WE LOSE WEIGHT and 2 free weeks if we lose AND make a product purchase. Well, I KNOW I'm going to lose b/c that is major incentive for me (besides the fact that I just need to stay on track and get this weight off of me) and I can always find a reason to buy some more product. Plus, the girl said that the manager is probably going to give 3 weeks to everyone who loses and buys products (like the 1 week + the 2 weeks combined). I'm excited about that for 2 reasons.

One, I'm pushing it with my time (only 5 more weeks left on my contract, if I have the 3 free weeks that I've aleady earned) and IF I stay on track for the next 5-8 weeks I should be less than goal by 10-15 pounds which is where I REALLY want to be!

Okay. Enough rambling from me. Thanks for listening if you've read this long.
Good for you getting back on track! Sorry no info. on the metaquick here, I have never done it! I do remember previous discussion about it and if I remember correctly, some here have said the time was split! Here we go again with the differences! Can they all just get on the same sheet of music, it is the same company! Hey the extra weeks sound good to me! Go for it! I'm rooting for you!

Hey I called in my wi this morning, got a new counselor and was told about the max 120 oz on the water! I asked why that was seeing as most days that I am over that now! I was informed that the 120 recommendation is for someone that is sitting around all day with no activity due to extra strain that can be placed on the kidneys!
Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #349  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Can someone tell me what KWIM is?
Old 05-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #350  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

KWIM ~ Know What I Mean!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:42 PM   #351  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the info meemo!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #352  
Ms. Jennifer

S/C/G: 196/SEE TICKER/150

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on all your losses!

Gigi, how are you making your tuna? That sounds really good for lunch sometimes.

WI today and was down 2 pounds. I am now 1 pound away from the 30 pound board, so hopefully Saturday will be the big day.

Happy WI to all!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #353  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post

WI today and was down 2 pounds. I am now 1 pound away from the 30 pound board, so hopefully Saturday will be the big day.
**YEA** That 30 lb board is so yours!!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #354  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
Congrats on on your BMI! Thats awesome. I understand how you feel! I am already feeling that way. My weight loss has slowed down, that's why I am doing the Metaquick (to help get this over with!). Thanks for sharing your experience with Metaquick. Did it help speed up your loss? Hang in there...you are so close!
Thanks! It did speed it up. Of course I had gone off plan around both times I did it, so it put me back on track. It seems that if you do the shakes (no bars) you will loose 1 lb for each day you do it. That's about what I did and some others at my center also. I was also told to make sure and take the Liquid Minerals to help with energy.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #355  
Lori

Quote:
Oh, when you mix the Diet Rite with the shake how do you do it without it exploding? I mixed some of the chocolate (Canfield's I think) soda with an HNS one time (in the blender) and it exploded all over! I mean it blew the top off of the Shake and Take. I now have a personal blender (Hamilton Beach) but it doesn't hold enough liquid to even make a full shake. I love the Diet Rite Tangerine (Winn Dixie had them on sale this week but it ended today and Target has them on sale and you get free Edy's ice cream if you buy so many..How the F does that make sense??)

Oh, I only stuck to the MQ diet for 4 days, so obviously 7 was too much for me too!
LOL...that's a visual...I picture chocolate all over your kitchen and ceiling. I haven't had any problems like that...not sure if it's the order the ingredients go in the blender??? I put the soda in first, then water and the powder on top. Put the lid on and hit blend. I bought the little Hamilton Beach Mrs Phibes told us about and use it for the breakfast smoothy (with cottage cheese) and then I have an older Hamilton Beach 10 speed blender that I use for the Metaquick.

Glad I didn't go by Target...Diet Rite & Edy's Ice Cream????? Really bad combination!! I love Edy's Ice Cream.

Hope you are having a great OP day!
Lori
Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 167.5/161/125

Height: 5'4"

Checking in....nothing reallye exciting today - just trying to browse through the cookbook to find something different to eat....I am a scaredy cat to try certian things for fear it won't be good and I'll have wasted product!

Congrats to everyone who has weight loss - I don't weigh in again until Friday. My home scale says I am down another lb so we shall see....

hmmm - guess I better post more in the next week if I am going to get my ticker!

Deb
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #357  
Lori

Quote:
Here's my little vent from my center visit. The lady asked me why I gave up on the MQ diet and I just said b/c I got tired of it but that I only did 4 days which means I could do 3 more sometime in the next month. Well, she said that since I quit and didn't follow through with the full 7 days IN A ROW that I won't ever get the full benefit. Whatever. I didn't realize it was SUPPOSED to be a ful 7 in a row, I just thought that it was allowed 7 days within a month. I just think that even if I only do 3 days in a row that I'll still see a slight benefit (IF I STICK TO IT COMPLETELY THAT IS).

Good news is that I'm still OP today (had normal breakfast before WI, thus another reason I wasn't down more probably, water, 2 HNS and a meal bar for lunch) AND they're having another special @ our center this weekend. If we WI on Friday the 23rd and then again on Tuesday the 27 (after the holiday) we'll get 1 free week IF WE LOSE WEIGHT and 2 free weeks if we lose AND make a product purchase. Well, I KNOW I'm going to lose b/c that is major incentive for me (besides the fact that I just need to stay on track and get this weight off of me) and I can always find a reason to buy some more product. Plus, the girl said that the manager is probably going to give 3 weeks to everyone who loses and buys products (like the 1 week + the 2 weeks combined). I'm excited about that for 2 reasons.

One, I'm pushing it with my time (only 5 more weeks left on my contract, if I have the 3 free weeks that I've aleady earned) and IF I stay on track for the next 5-8 weeks I should be less than goal by 10-15 pounds which is where I REALLY want to be!

Okay. Enough rambling from me. Thanks for listening if you've read this long.
Hey Rocki,
You may not have had the full benefit of 7 days in a row...but you had the full benefit of 4 days in a row! I really wish the centers would be more united on the way they present info. The first time I was going to do Metaquick I was going to do 7 days. The counselor I was talking to suggested I only do 3 days and even asked Judy what she thought. Judy said do 3 days and save the rest for another time in the month when you might need them. I think you did perfectly fine with 4 days.

Cool incentive. They didn't mention anything like that for us, but that's okay by mid June I'll be ready to stabilize. Keep up the great OP day!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #358  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Hey all - since we keep getting the suggestion to go to a weekly thread (because we are slowing up people with dial up), how about we make a cut off on pages! How about once we hit 25 pgs, we create a new thread! What do you all think?
Sounds good to me! Congrats on the 2lbs lost woohoo!!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #359  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
Congrats on all your losses!

Gigi, how are you making your tuna? That sounds really good for lunch sometimes.

Happy WI to all!
Ms. Jennifer, you are a fat burnin machine! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #360  
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Oaks View Post
Checking in....nothing reallye exciting today - just trying to browse through the cookbook to find something different to eat....I am a scaredy cat to try certian things for fear it won't be good and I'll have wasted product!

Congrats to everyone who has weight loss - I don't weigh in again until Friday. My home scale says I am down another lb so we shall see....

hmmm - guess I better post more in the next week if I am going to get my ticker!

Deb
Hi Deb,
I know what you mean. I'm not a big veggie fan so I really need to try some new things, but I hate it, especially when HNS is involved. They're expensive and I hate to waste them. Tried the spaghetti squash once and it came out horrible. Need to try the cauliflower mock potatoes but still haven't been able to do it yet. Have all the ingredients - just need to do it.

Have you tried the honey mustard crusted chicken? (page 65 in my book) It's really good, no HNS involved.

For breakfast I really like the chocolate smoothy (pg 206) I'm not a cottage cheese person at all, but I can't taste it in this recipe. Sometimes I use a lemon chifon pudding mix instead of chocolate and add 1 tsp of cherry extract - it's pretty good.

Have a good evening!
Lori
Closed Thread