Metabolic Research Center - Take 17!!! (May)

You're on Page 2 of 32
Go to
  • Quote: Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
    Hope you have a great day.
    sorry to hear about the pain you have been through. goodluck this time around.
  • Quote: Today was my center visit (via the phone) LOL The manager in the Murfreesboro office is so kind, she is always very helpful and positive. She says that I am where they want me to be but for some reason I feel I am behind. It was recommended that I change up how I take my HNS's through out the day. (BORO ladies, help me out here- I can never remember her name) is it Tere or something like that? (Hard to remember a name without putting it with a face). Well any how, it was recommended- 1 as soon as I get up, 1 mid morning, 1 with lunch, and a 4th mid afternoon! Suppose I will try this! I was doing 1 when I got up, 1 mid morning, 1 mid afternoon, and one later in the evening! Ohhhh BTW I got my HNS's in today (never thought they were going to get here, I ordered them on the 19th)! UGH!! Granted the home brew was not that bad, it was getting a bit old on the taste buds!

So with all being said, I am going to step it up a bit! Since I have been ducking and dodging this weighing of food stuff, I have a scale and am on it dogonit! Changing up HNS intake a bit and am up to 30 min. on the eliptical! Have shut down the gym twice this week thus far and am feeling pretty darn good! Had to put a boot to my boooooty and get it in gear! All have a wonderful, fabulous OP day!

Here is some hugs and joy for you all just because you are all fabulous! You are all winners in my book! Just in case you need it through out the day, here is some Make your decisions wisely!!

It's me!! It's me!! I think I'm the only 'boro person!! I LOVE THE MANAGER THERE!! Love her so much more than everyone else there. She is always so encouraging and she told me the same thing about the hns about two weeks ago and it seems to be working! I signed the 40 # board today!!! And she's so excited about it! I was a 1/2 pound away and she started looking for clothes that I could remove and then I realized that I had gym shorts in the car, she got so excited and said "GO GET THEM!!!" And it brought me to the whole pound needed for the board! And I think her name is Tarie. I think...I see her name tag and since it's spelled differently, I have a hard time with it...But she is super. I wish I could have her every time I go in. There is one girl there that is not as supportive and encouraging.

Angie, wanted to tell you what Tarie would have said about your little fall last night. She told me when I had five bites of pie, that what that tells her is that (since I didn't eat the WHOLE pie) I'm committed to making a life change. And that I've already made that change. I can have one bite and that be it. You had one drink, one slice of appetizer, what would you have done before MRC? Several drinks? A whole appetizer? I would have! So you are making HUGE changes! Give yourself props for not going all out!!!
  • I have been kind of busy at work, so I have mostly been a lurker.

Thanks to all who gave me hugs and encouragement. I have been back on plan for the last 3 days. And I am seeing a loss on the home scale.

Welcome all the newbies and returning newbies.

Cargirl - I was sorry to hear about your mother.

Congrats to all the big losses on the scales and the tape measures.

Congrats on the NSV's.
  • Quote: 2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.
    WHOA SISTER!!! That's tough!! I LOVE BACON!!! And I miss it!!! Dont' know if I could resist a taste!
  • Quote: I've been having some sweet cravings lately so I've been playing with my nighttime HNS and making them into smoothies/icees of some sort. Tonight is peach mango power mixed in the blender with little bit of ice and a Diet Black Cherry Hansen's. I wasn't sure about it at first but dang, it's good!!! And calms both my snack and sweet urge.

Today was full of challenges and while I wasn't perfect I think I did pretty darn good. Breakfast was totally on plan (MRB), no problems. But then I went to lunch with a client at Texas Roadhouse. I stuck with chicken and veggies (even asked for them to hold off on the extra salt and butter/oil) and while it was SOOOO HARD managed to not have even a nibble of a roll. Those hot, fresh, buttery rolls.

But then came after work. My friend really needed someone to talk to so I met her at Carino's and caved a little. I had one vodka soda and a single slice of their appetizer pizza thingy. I didn't have any of their fresh bread or the toasted garlic/oil mix. And then I came home and had tuna fish and green beans. I don't really feel like I "cheated" per se but I do know my willpower wasn't as strong as I had hoped it was.

But all I can do is drive on to the next exit and turn around, right? I took all my pills and I drank all my HNS's (maxed out actually) so I have that going for me.

Btw, new favorite thing ever... Mixing my nighttime HNS with a diet soda (sodium free, of course) and blending it up. I love snowcones so it's kind of like having a snowcone without the calories or guilt!
    I love the HNS idea. I am going to try that tonight! I think you did great today. Think about what you would have done last time.

Quote: This is wonderful news, what a great day! 2 lbs. WAY TO GO! 53" WOW - fabulous!!! Sounds like May is going to be a tuff one but I know you can do it! Stay focused, make the best choices possible and when you can, PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!
    Thanks so much for the encouragement! You are always so positive. I would like to second the comments on how well you are doing. I'm not sure I would be as "good" in your circumstances...on the road and all!

Quote: Last night I had a great NSV.

It's finally time to do the big switcharoo. That's when I take out spring cloths and put away the winter ones. Clean out what hasn't been worn and what doesn't fit. Anyway, guess what? Shorts and summer things that were either tight or didn't fit now do. I modeled things that I was unsure of for DH and several things were too big. Even though they are almost new they are going bye-bye today. It was such a good feeling not to have to suck it in to get it to fit. And my muffin-top is a lot smaller.
    What a great feeling! Great motivation too!

Quote: 2 of my kids have science TAKS today, 1 has social studies TAKS tomorrow. On TAKS days I get up earlier and fix my kids bacon, eggs, toast so they can have protien to sustain them through the ridiculously torturous test (they usually eat the sugary junk at school also once they get there but at least they had protien in them first) Oh the whole house smells like bacon, when I got home from taking them to school my goodness you could smell it before I even opened the front door. I did not have even a taste, nope, not any. Yall know that commercial for "beggin strips" dog snacks, it says dogs dont know its not bacon and where that really obnoxious dog goes around saying bacon bacon bacon!!! lol, I felt like that a little this morning, but still did not have any.
    I love bacon too! That would have been hard for me. You are such a great mom! We just finished testing here too...CRCT. Same dang ridiculous test I'm sure.

Quote: Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
    Welcome and jump right on in. We will help all we can!

Quote: There is nothing wrong with you. I had one of these days yesterday. I don't know why. I just got done with a big lose and yesterday I just couldn't resist cookies, and some recees minis YIKES! But join me today, I am right back on track and I am going to write everything down right when I eat it! It is nice that this is easy to get back to.

Good job on your loss of 2!

I hear you about the May thing. I have 6 grads and 3 confirmations to go to out of state. I am staying with my SIL. Remember that grilling is fab. on this lifestyle. Have you grilled zuchinni and squash yet???? YUM! Most grilled events are great for having protein, veggies....just watch the pasta salads! You can always bring something too. This first cookout I went to I brought the Fiesta Ranch Dip and a plate of veggies. I wasn't asked to, but the hostess loved it and I had food I knew I could eat. I also keep HNS, supps, and some apple chips in my purse just in case. You will do well, just plan ahead!
    GOOD FOR YOU! Keep up the good work! Thanks for the suggestions. I will certainly take them. Good luck to you too with all you have going on. We can get through it!
  • Quote: She did'nt say anything about the 5th, but I am assuming it would be fine! Figured I would try and back off of the 5th and use it as needed! When those cravings kick in and or if I eat dinner real early and just feel I need something in the late evening!

I asked her this today!! B/c like Jewlie, I'm starting to get hungrier. She said no more than four! Booo...After the guy told me I could have 5!!
  • Quote: I asked her this today!! B/c like Jewlie, I'm starting to get hungrier. She said no more than four! Booo...After the guy told me I could have 5!!
    I think you can have 5 if you are on the plus menu (over 200lbs) and it goes down to 4 once you get under 200.
  • Sharon: ( I always have trouble with the screenname so I hope this is okay) You are really working this program!!! You are melting away! Wonderful loss!

iedu8em: 2 pounds is awesome!!! And 53 inches!!!! You are burning it up! Thanks for your encouraging words!

Gmato4: I really like those mini goals you set. I don't think they're vain at all. If it motivates you then it's all good. I actually have a similar one to look good at my mother in law's reception at the end of May.

Namaste: Love the analogy. Very motivating!
  • Just have a few minutes because I need to head back to the office (been gone almost 2 hours... good thing I'm sales and at budget already).

I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO!

Plus they had some chocolate meal replacement shakes (been out for 2 weeks) and I picked up a couple of those. Even had one for lunch with a couple of frozen strawberries thrown in (I asked her if I could do that and she said yes). It was YUM!

Ok, off here and back to work! Congrats on the losses I've seen and good luck to those still waiting to weigh in today/tomorrow!
  • Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.

Congrats to all the losers....welcome newcomers and those returning to us.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Quote: Angie, wanted to tell you what Tarie would have said about your little fall last night. She told me when I had five bites of pie, that what that tells her is that (since I didn't eat the WHOLE pie) I'm committed to making a life change. And that I've already made that change. I can have one bite and that be it. You had one drink, one slice of appetizer, what would you have done before MRC? Several drinks? A whole appetizer? I would have! So you are making HUGE changes! Give yourself props for not going all out!!!
    Thank you so much for telling us this. I really needed to hear it. When I mention that I feel guilty about a bite of this or a taste of that, my counselors immediately tell me "Well, you've knocked yourself out of fat burning for three days." Of course, then I feel horribly guilty and that starts the cycle over again. It makes it feel impossible to me. I like what yours said, because it is so true. Before MRC, I would have eaten a whole slice of carrot cake, a brownie and a piece of pie. Now, I just eat one bite of the carrot cake (or whatever). Thank you for reminding me that I AM making changes and that is what counts!
  • Ready to be thin: I have found some things that help with my hunger. When I am going to exercise; I will have group 3 protein for breakfast instead of eggs and cheese. I moved my creamy HNS from after supper to afternoon and that has helped a lot. I eat raw veggies for lunch instead of cooked and that feels me up!

Quote: Just have a few minutes because I need to head back to the office (been gone almost 2 hours... good thing I'm sales and at budget already).

I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO!

Plus they had some chocolate meal replacement shakes (been out for 2 weeks) and I picked up a couple of those. Even had one for lunch with a couple of frozen strawberries thrown in (I asked her if I could do that and she said yes). It was YUM!

Ok, off here and back to work! Congrats on the losses I've seen and good luck to those still waiting to weigh in today/tomorrow!
    WOO HOO!!!!

Quote: Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.

Congrats to all the losers....welcome newcomers and those returning to us.

Hope everyone has a good day!
    It is a great day for BIG LOSERS!!!! Congrats
  • Quote: Just have a few minutes because I need to head back to the office (been gone almost 2 hours... good thing I'm sales and at budget already).

Congratulations! I am so excited for you.

I am hoping to be down the 1.5 I gained on Tues and then some tomorrow when I WI.

I also forgot to tell you how much I liked the picture you posted the other day and how pretty you are (inside and out).
  • Quote: WOW...just what I need to hear! I have been off/on plan....yo-yoing...etc. since Christmas. Today I went by the center for WI and products (1st visit in 3 weeks) and I had gained 3 lbs since my last WI. I am still hoovering around a 40 pound loss when I should have reached goal months ago. But that is behind me and I'm looking forward. Thanks namaste for posting this wonderful, encouraging message....can I use it, too?
    YES!!!! Go for it! And congrats to looking forward!
  • Quote: Hello. I wanted to introduce my self. My name is Jennifer, I am new and old to the MRC program. I just rejoined yesterday after beng off program for a year and a half and going thru a rough year last year. I had done so good at keeping the 30 lbs off I had lost the first time until this January. I have now gained back 19 of those lbs. I found that my eating this time was due to emotions. Last year I got pregnant and I lost our son at 17 weeks and was coping with that fine until I got pregnant again in November 2007 and lost our baby in January. After that I think I pretty much went on an eating bing and gained the weight back. Lucily I know what worked for me last time and I am still down 11 lbs from where I started last time. My goal is 171 to start with and I am starting at `217 lbs. I am glad I found this web site. This time there is no one doing program with me so I know I can come here and read posts for encouragment if I need it.
    Welcome!